- Over 7+ Years of overall results driven and diversified IT industry experience with major focus on Cloud, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation, Software configuration,Build Engineering, Release Engineering for Financial Banking and Healthcare Industry.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows AZURE and SQL AZURE and in AZURE web and database deployments.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing AWS services stack including EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud trail, SNS, SQS focusing on High Availability, Fault - tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Experience configuring Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, App services, Analyzing Azure Networks with Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure stack, Azure Backup and Azure Automation.
- Experience in writing Infrastructure as a code(IaC) in Terraform, Azure resource management, AWS Cloud formation. Created reusable Terraform modules in both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Created CI/CD Pipelines in AZURE DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP and TCP/IP on Red Hat Linux.
- Used puppet and Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and describe the state of resources using Ruby language.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Developed Python, Shell/Perl Scripts and PowerShell for automation purpose.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of Continuous Integration (CI) and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for database using Jenkins.
- Experience in managing artifacts using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Wrote AnsiblePlaybooks with Python to manage Configurations of AWSnodes and Tested Playbooks on AWSinstances using Python and documented all infrastructures and application dependencies into GITrepo using Ansible.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker Containers.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, swarm and clustering frameworks.
- Administrated and monitored activities for SVN, GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Wrote cookbooks for WebLogic and Tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Expertise in working with JIRA and Bugzilla as bug Tracking Software and good understanding of Programming languages as Java, .NET.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Proficiency in using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, Docker Weave, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Docker Registry and used containerization to make applications platform when moved into different environments.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources and Worked on Lambda, for triggering events with cloud watch using Lambda functions.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points, and Packages also Worked with automation/configuration management using Ansible and created playbooks in YAML to automate the development processes.
- Expertise in creating Kubernetes cluster with cloud formation templates and deploy them in AWS environment and monitoring the health of pods using Helm Charts.
- Expertise in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora
Operating Systems: Unix, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Windows Server.
Scripting: Shell, Perl, Python / Jython, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy.
Build Scripting: Make, Apache Ant, Nant, Maven, MS Build and Gradle.
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkins/Hudson, AnthillPro, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server, TeamCity.
Deployment Tools: Nexus, IIS, IHS, Web sphere, Web logic, Tomcat, JBoss
Source Control: GIT, Subversion SVN, TFS, VSS, Perforce, Clear Case
Database: Oracle, SQL Server.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Groovy, J2EE, C#, .NET
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, Footprints, Quality Center, Junit, Load runner.
ETL Tools: ETL Service/Engine, DB2 client, Discovery, Data Studio, Data Architect
Automation/Others Tools: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Gerrit.
Middleware Administration: JBoss, Web sphere, Web logic, Apache, Tomcat, Tomcat-Server and Jetty.
SR. Azure DevOps Engineer
- Hands-on experience Designing, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud (ARM), Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack (Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Gained experience in dealing with Windows AZURE IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role) in secure VNets and subnets.
- Worked on AZURE (IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE and performed Hardening of the VM’s and also disk encryption using the KEK key in MS Azure.
- Used Dockerfor setting Azure Container Registry with Dockerand Docker-compose, actively involved in deployments on Dockerusing Kubernetes. Also responsible for development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring them usingKubernetes.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Created Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Integrated Jenkins CI/CD with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check- in for applications and created GitHubWebhooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events to drive all builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods using Kubernetes.
- Managed AnsiblePlaybooks with Ansibleroles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Used Kubernetes during debugging. Leading up to production when multiple application build must be tested for stability.
- Provided high availability for IaaSVMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Designed a robust future state Ingestion Framework solution leveraging Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL database & Data warehouse.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Managed servers on the Confidential Azure Platform,Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management. Created Ansible manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Used Terraform to reliably version and create infrastructure on Azure . Created resources, using AzureTerraform modules, and automated infrastructure management.
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Cobbler. Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components Azure, and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and kubernetes for the orchestration purpose. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetesmanifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- Worked on App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers
SR. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autos calling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker and GitHub and AWS.
- Experience setting up instances behind Elastic Load Balancer in AWS for high availability. Configured the storage on S3 Buckets.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Performance tuning the tables in Redshift, data Validation, Quality check in Redshift using Python.
- Installing and configuring Ansible in AWS EC2 instances using Python pip and automated the cloud deployment using AWS, AWS CLI, Python and AWS cloud formation templates.
- WorkedonAWSLambdatorunthecodeinresponsetoevents,suchaschangestodatainanAmazonS3bucket, AmazonDynamoDBtable,HTTPrequestsusingAWSAPIGatewayandinvokedthecodeusingAPIcallsmade using AWSSDKs.
- Worked on AWS costs by writing the Ansible Playbooks for auto Start/Stop of AWS resources at the time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins and knowledge on RHEL on AnsiblePlaybooks ,Modules and Roles .
- Data Profiling, Mapping and Integration from multiple sources to AWS S3/RDS/Redshift.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) and configuration management instances and Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) platform using Chef configuration management tools and Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center
- Managed both framework and Cloud Formation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python .
- Worked on creating the Virtualization of the servers on AWS with the use of tools like Docker, build the Docker image and version control to meet the objective of Continuous Delivery goal on a highly scalable environment. Also had a hands on experienced with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked on migration services like AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost "lift and shift" methodology and AWS Database Migration Service (DMS), AWS Snowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Professional in deploying and configuring Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) and AWS Kinesis for log analytics and skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, AWS CloudWatch, ELK.
- Designed and developed infrastructure using Terraform and Cloud Formation and automated end-to- end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Worked with configuration Management tool - Ansible, have setup Ansible projects and configured the playbooks for the micro services.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created service inAnsible for automation of the continuous deployment.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Created and managed daily/weekly builds using Jenkins for CI/CD and used pipeline plug-in for managing multi project jobs efficiently. Used Terraform for server provisioning.
- Written, Planned and Created the Infrastructure as code using Terraform and used it to create infrastructure in AWS and maintained using Ansible and Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom Ruby modules.
- Developed and maintained automated tools for internal department workflows utilizing Ruby and Python.
- Used Maven as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required. Maintained backups and restore activities for SVN, Jenkins.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile Continuous Integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for build and deployment for internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 Instances.
- Evaluated, Installed, and configured various JIRA plug-ins systems based on the requirement.
- Performed code management activities using Gitand responsible for code branching and merging. Automated the process of release by pushing all the code to GitHub.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option. Involved in the migration of code from Subversion (SVN) to Git.
- Configured Splunkto build, and to maintain log analysis for various systems and have developed Splunkqueries, dashboards for understanding application performance, capacity analysis and worked on set up of various dashboards, reports and alerts inSplunk.
- Establishment of Chef Best practices to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled. Used Chef on AWS platform - AWS Ops Works.
- Performedallnecessaryday-to-dayGITsupportfordifferentprojects,Responsiblefordesignandmaintenanceof the GIT Repositories, and the access controlstrategies.
- Expertise in setting up Chef repo, Chef workstations, chef nodes, development of Chef Recipes through knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages. Responsible for writing Chef Cookbooks to configure nodes.
- Wrote PowerShell script to automate Config file deployment instances to staging and UAT environment.
- Automated build processes using PowerShell, Team Build, MSBuild, VBScript and workflow definitions within Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Provided ongoing support and administration for Subversion (SVN), ANT build automation.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Experience in building, deploying and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture using Maven and MS build.
- Implemented and manipulated Shell and Perl scripts for release and build automation to suit the requirement.
- Wrote Shell scripts to handle server processing Migrating applications from .Net to Monitoring applications/servers performance with Splunk, Jenkins, etc.
- Worked on Apache, WebLogic and JBoss web application servers. Maintained the applications among WebLogic run-time processes in a cluster of application servers.
- Extensive knowledge and administration experience in JIRA and knowledge on other Atlassian products like Bamboo.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the Artifacts within the company. Configuration and Administration of Tomcat/Apache Web Server and SSL.
Build Release Engineer
- Developed Configuration Management GIT from scratch and prepared documentation accordingly. Setup Build and deploy automation tools and Continuous Integration in Jenkins.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool: creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports.
- Merged release branches to the master after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in GIT.
- Providing on-going support and administration for Subversion (SVN), and ANT build automation.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built a multi-threaded PERL backend to process the jobs, taking advantage of the multiple CPUs on the machine. Used Ant to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements. Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- InvolvedinJIRAasdefecttrackingsystemandconfigurevariousworkflows,customizationsandpluginsforJIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage.