Databases: Redshift, Oracle 8i - 11g, SQL Server, DB2, Microsoft Access
Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Beam
AWS Cloud: AWS EMR, AWS Glue, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, EC2, ElasticSearch, QuickSight, AMI, Athena, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation
Application Servers / Portals: Tomcat, Weblogic
Tools: / Frameworks: Eclipse, Toad, VMWare, Visual Studio, soapUI, IBM MQ Broker, IBM Datastage, IBM Infosphere Suite, IBM Data Studio, IBM Rational Software Architect, IBM Integration Bus,Vignette Portal, Logstash, Nifi
- Responsible for leading and growing Confidential, Data team, including annual reviews, compensation adjustments and team budget.
- Worked with Business Leaders to develop a roadmap of adoption for the Data Platform.
- Worked with special projects committee to devise new ways to monetize data within the company.
- Prioritized and replenished team’s work based on business needs and strategic priorities.
Data Solutions Architect / LeadConfidential
- Responsible for Data Platform strategical direction and roadmap.
- Negotiated contract agreements and renewals with vendors regarding our Hadoop as a Service platform.
- Cultivated best practices and use cases for Data Platform through training and educational materials.
- Curated enterprise data dictionary and SDKs for application events and logs for analytical and reporting purposes.
- Led migration of Data Lake from Altiscale (SAP) to AWS EMR backed by S3 to reduce overall operating costs.
- Led development of Data Bus to handle application events and logging utilizing AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambda and Logstash for near real - time processing to gamification of application events.
- Led enterprise Data Warehouse initiative using AWS Redshift and Tableau for business intelligence and analytic needs.
- Implemented ElasticSearch with Kibana for near real-time dashboard based on application event streams.
- Implemented AWS Glue stack (managed spark service) to ETL data from the Data Lake, Redshift, Salesforce and Application Databases for analytics and operational usage.
- Implemented Data Lake using HDFS, Hive, Map Reduce, Oozie on Altiscale (SAP) managed Hadoop infrastructure.
Sr. Data Solution Architect
- Active member of BMI Tech Council.
- Provide leadership and guidance for SOA team.
- Provide leadership and guidance for interns.
- Developed working POC using Hortonworks over Hadoop for data acquisition and ingestion.
- Responsible for enterprise data migration architecture and implementation
- Led the development and integration of an MDM solution to consolidate assets, parties, agreements and performance data.
- Shared responsibility for the overall strategic direction of data throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for system agnostic data integration layer design and development.
- Designed and developed initial version of Enterprise Business Objects.
- Designed and developed CRUD SOA services utilizing Enterprise Business Objects.
- Implemented and managed enterprise SOLR environment.
- Gathered product requirements and functional specifications.
- Published design and implementation documents.
- Assumed responsibility for task management and delivery cycles of staff augmentation.
- Assisted in the duties of filling staff augmentation and full time employee.
- Facilitated the role of cross-team mentor and liaison.
Software Engineer Lead
- Led Master Data Management integration initiative to consolidate Items, Suppliers and Customers in the Oracle MDM Hubs.
- Designed and implemented integration strategy within the Oracle SOA Suite using the Oracle Application Integration Architecture.
- Assumed team lead in the implementation of the retail software solution for the Confidential Brand Shop.
- Implemented multiple ETL processes to migrate data from various systems to data warehouse and the operational data store.
- Assisted in the implementation of Sharepoint and Project Server.
- Assisted in the consolidation of multiple legacy systems during the acquisition of two competitor companies.
- Developed multiple web applications in support of business initiatives.
- Developed and maintained legacy Master Data solution.
- Developed and provided technical support for the manufacturing software used at the plants and distribution centers.