- Experienced IT professional with 7 plus years of experience in AWS Cloud computing and DevOps life cycle such as Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Linux Administration.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in migrating and implementing various application from on premise to cloud using various AWS services like IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, AWS CLI, Route 53, SNS, AWS SQS, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, CloudFormation and AWS Ops Works.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of user accounts for dev, QA, and production servers and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Experience in creating and launching EC2 instances using Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows AMI and writing shell scripts to bootstrap instance and take snapshots for backup.
- Provide highly durable and available data by creating and managing policies for S3 data store, versioning, life cycle policies, while also ensuring data integrity and data security by implementing AWS best practices.
- Hands - on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Adept in source code and version control management tools like Subversion and GIT and used source code management client tools like SVN, Bitbucket, GitHub Desktop, GitLab and Git GUI.
- Expertise in using AWS Code Deploy for migrating and automating application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances, on-premises instances, serverless Lambda functions, or Amazon ECS services.
- Worked on several Build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle and automation tools like Jenkins also involved in Repository Management tools like Artifactory.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven, Nexus and Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Experienced in setting up installation, configuration and security of Jenkins, bamboo and team city for integrated automation of build and deployments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like CHEF, Ansible and Puppet in managing system configurations supporting various Environments like development, testing and production.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Experienced in installing and creating Docker containerization techniques to run different software packages on the containers to improve Continuous Delivery framework.
- Experienced in using the Docker to virtualize, ship, run and deploy applications securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering. Virtualized the servers using Docker for test and dev-environment needs.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate deployment, scaling, clustering and management of containerized applications as Pods, Kubernetes Clusters to support automatic high availability, load balancing, health checking and failover.
- Monitored system performance health and used monitoring tools like CloudWatch to create monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances and several AWS services using Nagios as well as log monitoring tools like Splunk.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, configuring and deploying various enterprise applications on WebLogic, WebSphere, and Tomcat.
- Hands on experience in JIRA for creating bug-tickets, storyboarding, report generation, ticket management and managed configuring changes into production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Developed Bash, Shell, Python scripts with focus on DevOps tools and CI/CD architecture and for automating back-ups and setting up CRON Jobs.
- Worked on PL/SQL database objects tables, views, sequences, triggers, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Exceptions Partitions, analytical functions, views, Indexes and global temporary tables etc.
- Experienced in deploying Micro Services to App Servers and Database Changes to Oracle, db2, MSSQL.
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: CHEF, Ansible, Puppet
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
AWS Cloud Services: EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, SNS, IAM, Cloud Front, EBS, ELB, ECS, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Scripts/ Languages: UNIX, HTML, Shell Scripting, Ruby, YAML, Python, Perl
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NOSQL
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Operating System: UNIX, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, Centos), Windows
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created various IAM accounts in AWS for users with specific policies attached to each of them, implemented Multi Factor Authentication to meet security compliance.
- Created AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with advanced security features including security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering.(subnets, route tables, internet gateway)
- Involved in building and maintaining Highly secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Created several customized Cloud Formation Templates in AWS which has specific configurations for subnets,security groups, NACLs, NAT Gateways, VPC, EC2, ELB and other Services as per the requirement.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experienced in writing Lambda functions to implement tasks like taking EBS volume snapshots in regular intervalsand copying the files in between the S3 buckets only when the actions are triggered.
- Implemented CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and terraform templates and Containerized the entireinfrastructure using Docker setup in AWS Cloud based environment.
- Resolved complex problems with Merging, Branching and Configuration Management of SCM system.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for installations and domain configurations.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Implemented Jenkins as Continuous Integration Server for Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating tools with other systems.
- Created Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on AWS. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI / CD system to build, test deploy.
- Migrated legacy applications and underlined platforms from data centers to AWS cloud.
- Extensively used Stack Driver and AWS cloud watch to monitor and debug the cloud-based AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository and Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository.
- Installed, Configured Ansible and Triggered Ansible playbooks from the Terraform instance.tf file as a local-exec callto deploy the application to the provisioned servers.
- Created container based virtualized deployments using Docker working with Docker images, Docker-hub andDocker registries.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Development, testing and production environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Installed and configured Crucible for code reviews and web interface for browsing source code artifacts, commits, files, revisions, and individual/group code metrics.
- Ensured the security of Web applications by generating SSL certificates and accessed them securely.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Experienced in creating documentation with excellent written and presentation skills.
Environment: s: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, ELK, Lambda, Terraform, GitHub, Jira, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, WebLogic, Amazon Web Services, EC2, ELB.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Supported AWS Cloud EC2 instances and used AWS command line Interface to manage and configure various AWS services.
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive events from S3 bucket
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together and Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Built and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build Automation tool Maven.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Created CHEF Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins jobs for Continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Maintained the maven scripts used for the build process and created configuration files using the POM.xml files and published those artifacts into NEXUS repository as part of continuous Integration.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Executed the continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins by integrating Git hub repository and automating the
- Maven build commands and deployed to the docker containers where the application is running.
- Written templates in YAML format for cloud formation and Ruby Script for CHEF automation and contributed source code to the GitHub repository.
- Configuration of nodes for Jenkins to customize builds for different operating systems, optimize and smooth running of builds jobs.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into CHEF to be used by developers.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service Scheduler.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Supported application development team in setting up the automation environment for the successful execution of build and release of the application.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database. Also created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Expertise in using Microsoft IIS Web Server, Tomcat, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Monitored the Application and Infrastructure health by analyzing the logs and observing the user dashboard using Splunk.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
Environment: s: AWS, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Github, CHEF, Docker, Splunk, Python, MySql, DynamoDB Ruby, NEXUS Repository, AWS Beanstack, AWS Lambda.