- Consulting in the areas of Continuous Integration, Build Automation, DevOps, Deployments, VM Ware, UNIX/LINUX, Jenkins, Subversion, Git, GitLab, GitHub, Java and related tools/technologies
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands - on experience of Build Engineering, Configuration Management and DevOps Engineering
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects, working with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, Subversion, Git, Oracle, UNIX/Linux, VM Ware, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, AWS, Android and iOS, across the Financial, Broadcast and Media Sectors
- Over 12 years IT experience encompassing Java programming, UNIX/Linux Admin experience, and a Middleware/Application Server Specialist; developing for and automating deployments of WebSphere, WebLogic, Tibco, JBoss, Tomcat and related technologies
Automation/Build Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer.io, Nexus, Ivy, Artifactory, TeamCity, Bamboo
Version Control Systems: Subversion, Git, Rational Team Concert, Perforce, Clear Case, CA Harvest
Platforms: Linux and UNIX, iOS, Android, Solaris, Windows
Languages: Java, Shell scripting, Ant, Maven, JSP, XPath & XSLT, and basic C/C++, Ruby, Perl and Python
Cloud based IaaS: AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloud Formation), Google Cloud (Compute Engine) Vault, ETCD, Scalr for cloud management, Vagrant, Docker
Testing tools: SonarQube, FitNesse, Selenium, EMMA, Cucumber, WebDriver, Junit, DBUnit etc.
App & Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Atlassian JIRA & Bamboo, IBM IHS, MS IIS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Sybase
Network/Infrastructure: Network/Infrastructure TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
Build/Release and GIT Admin
- Administer and Maintain Source Code make change repository Repositories including GIT - Distributed Revision Control System (DVCS) and Subversion - svn is a Centralized Revision Control System
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Coordinated software application and database deployments across several environments and provided feedback and training to other full-time release engineering staff for production releases during off hours.
- Administration and Support for App Servers on IIS and WebSphere
- Developed custom automation build system using Hudson and TFSBuild on Team Foundation Server
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on Urban Code uDeploy.
- Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery.
- Wrote CHEF recipes using Ruby for automated uDeploy agent installs/updates, uDeploy agent relays install/update and configuring the same with the uDeploy server.
- Wrote and maintained shell scripts, python and Perl scripts to support legacy systems which were non-CHEF enabled nodes.
- Moved 72 web services and related application to uDeploy and maintained them across 5 environments Develop, QA, UAT, PreProd and Prod.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Puppet, Android, VMWare, Amazon EC2
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts, Infra build out automation on CentOS, and RHEL platforms over Soft Layer.
- Worked with Chef recipes/cookbooks using ruby which involved installing, updating, Oracle 11g, ucDeploy agents, 7zip, updating CentOS, controlling load balancers, updating LDAP servers and many more etc.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using urban code and Cruise to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Leveraging project specific knowledge from developers, resolved code conflicts during merges and provided insight as needed.
- Updated bugs and user stories in ALM tool to reflect deployment information when pushing / releasing code, collating them with other information into release notes.
- Work closely with Application Development, Infrastructure Engineering, QA and Project Management Teams.
- Agile environment with Atlassian tool set: Stash, Jira, Kanban, and Scrum. (certified Scrum Associate)
Confidential, Plainfield IL
Devops, Build/Release and Automation Consultant
- Configuring and executing the basic CI operations like commit build, integration build, and deployment job
- Configuring and executing the Code quality tool Sonar and Security scanning tool Vera code
- Configuring and executing the Code coverage reports like JaCoCo, Emma
- Attending Client calls, Scrum meetings, contacting App team for deployment process
Build/Release and Automation Consultant
- Designing, implementing and supporting fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Working with and supporting multiple World-wide development teams delivering a wide range of software applications
- Automating the build, deployment and testing of Front End, Middleware and Database components
- Developing custom reporting tools, setting up automated health monitoring and alerting for builds and environments
- Wrote and maintained ansible yaml scripts for infrastructure buildout
- Supporting and managing IBM Rational tools - Jazz, RTC, Build Forge
- Lead the Strategy and Delivery of DevOps in Mobile Solutions for IBM. Lead the Strategy and Delivery of DevOps along with CI/CD on Cloud Infrastructure for WYSE (lower and prod environments)
- Bench marked, and developed PoC for multiple CI/CD implementation models using a wide variety of tools such as Urban Code, Nexus, Cruise Control, Artifactory, Archiva, Atlassian tools (Stash, GitHub, plugins etc.), Docker, Chef, Puppet,
- Automated the maintenance of 80+ NDC and IDC servers (including dev, qa, load, prep rod and prod) using Puppet configuration.
- Configured puppet resources for maintaining the follow applications:
- WAS (did the upgrade from 7.0.1 to 8.5.5 using puppet configurations)
- HIS v7 to v8 upgrade using Puppet
- Installation of Kana reports on all puppet slave servers followed by a security patch update.
- Adding kanaadm user to sudoers in order to facilitate reports generation using puppet
- Wrote and maintained chef cookbook to install, update F5 load balancer and also Exceliance load balancer.
- Assist application development teams in various initiatives focusing on Networks, Information Risk & Security, and Data Centers.
- Execute cost reduction and avoidance initiatives across a range of IT and business functions.
- Lead efforts to define business continuity planning.
- Plan and administer project portfolio exceeding $30 million.
- Produce monthly, quarterly capacity and system health reports for senior management.
- Plan and execute corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Resiliency exercises.
- Adopt agile practices in the execution of infrastructure projects.
- Led projects as scrum master.