- 5 years of experience in administration of Installation, Configuration and Management of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Build and Release in Automating, Building, Releasing and Deploying of code from one environment to other environment.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Integration, Backup, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, Network Security and Troubleshooting of Linux Servers.
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, DNS service, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3 and R53.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Tomcat, JBoss and Linux etc.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet and Chef and deployed Docker Engines in virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, Docker with Mesos and Marathon.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining windows phone applications on Azure cloud technologies.
- Experience in Azure, Kubernetes and writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Experience on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service provider (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Extensive knowledge on SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and other processes.
- Experienced working in a transforming DevOps culture implementing CI/CD process using tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven and Ansible.
- Used scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Perl, Shell/Bash and configuration management tools Puppet, Atlassian and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Cruise Control, Hudson and Bamboo.
- Automated various Middleware administration tasks as part of DevOps cultural drift using SHELL, python, Chef and Ansible.
- Handled environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Installed Configured, Monitoring tool such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource, Network and log trace Monitoring.
- Experienced on Implementing and supporting monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk on Production servers.
- Implemented Vagrant, a production like virtual development environment for developers.
- Implemented day - to-day tasks in Red Hat Linux include upgrading RPMS, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server …, MYSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, OSI layers, Client/Server architecture and Firewalls).
- Managing HPC clusters with SGE, Slurm, Batch schedulers and parallel cluster on AWS cloud and building multiple versions of scientific applications using LMOD and EasyBuild.
- Administration of Rstudio, Rshiny, RSconnect and Jupyterhub.
Programming Languages: Python, Perl
Database: SQL, MYSQL, OracleDB, MongoDB
Scripting Skills: Shell, Bash, PowerShell
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Azure
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7, Ubuntu, Linux and Mac
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Service Now
SCM Tools: SVN, GIT, GERRIT, Bitbucket
Repository Managers: Nexus, Jfrog
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Hyper V, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, AppDynamics
Web Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Build Tools: Make, Make files, Gradle, MS Build
HPC Job Schedulers: SGE, Slurm, Torque, Batch (High Performance Computing)
Application Build Tools: Yum, rpm, LMOD, EasyBuild
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Built servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, AD, creating Security groups, CloudTrail, Auto-scaling, Load balancers (ELBs) using Cloud formation templates and AMI’s using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Designed, built and deployed a multi-region applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, SNS, S3, Domain services, Dynamo DB, SQS, IAM, Datasync, Parallel cluster and EMR), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Created IAM users and roles and managed the organization IAM roles.
- Deploy the cluster software with custom configuration to create AWS EC2 machines with required compute power, AWS EFS, AWS FSX and the cluster created is scalable/burstable in proportion to the load on the servers.
- Solving complex issues related to infrastructure, especially related to GPU enabled Linux workstations, AWS servers, storage and network across enterprise.
- Building thousands of scientific applications using a module system called LMOD and EasyBuild.
- Good administration experience of Jupyterhub, Rstudio, Rshiny and Rstudio.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) and configuration management using ansible and terraform.
- Worked on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Wrote Json and Yaml templates for Cloud formation and Python scripts for Boto3 and ruby scripts for Chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins Servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Python and Perl) and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Worked on integrating GitHub into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Developed and maintained Python/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
Environment: Unix/Linux, AWS, Jenkins, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Jira, GIT, Bitbucket, Docker, GitHub, Dynamo DB, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, Kubernetes, Linux
- Worked on EC2 instances created new EC2 instances and attached EBS volumes to instances.
- Created VPC and enabled auto scaling and load balancing.
- Created a VPC with NAT gateways/instances and enabled communication between private subnet using NAT instances. Saved the customer data in S3 buckets.
- Routed the user requested based on geo-location and latency using Route-53.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Experience on Docker by creating containers, images and shipping them.
- Worked on Docker by installing Docker and Docker-compose on different servers.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Deployed Azure IaaS Virtual Machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Set up and maintain continuous automated build system with Jenkins, Terraform and Perl/Python scripting.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT, Stash Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Wrote MAVEN and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installed and configured different Splunk components like Indexers, Search Heads and Forwarders etc.
- Data on boarding from different data sources and performing Splunk Admin tasks.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Created runbooks for each application to help the release management team for successful deployments.
- Experience in building large infrastructure for disaster recovery and multi datacenter strategy.
- Involved in Building data backup/recovery strategy and plans.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Experience in using Microsoft IIS Web Server, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, AWS, Puppet, Jira, Jenkins, SVN, TFS, GIT, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Windows Server 2008 R2, Python, SVN, ANT, Maven
Build and Release Coordinator
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Involved in editing the existing Ant/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat application servers, written scripts in Ruby to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Generated scripts in Perl, Bash and Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Maintain continuous build automation - currently within Hudson/Jenkins.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Management of Users and Groups in Subversion (SVN) and troubleshoot client spec issues and user issues.
- Automation of deployment and server bounce process by creating scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Converted old builds using make to Ant and XML for doing Java build.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Web Logic Application Server console.
- Used Shell script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments.
- Deployment of applications on Tomcat/WebLogic application servers and proactively coordinating with the application team for releases/deployment on time and concluding the release of the application.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with CLI, API. Managing DataCenter Inbound and outbound services. Working on automation tool like puppet.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Web logic, Shell/Bash Scripts, SVN, Hudson, Java/J2EE, UNIX, AWS, TomcatWebLogic, Jenkins, Python