- A long time C# developer emphasizing on back end data store, service implementation, windows desktop interface and web applications and short time Java developer with limited experience.
- Through the maintenances of this software, I gradually acknowledged where should start when taking on an existing complicated software with design framework is pretty setup: some software may should start from the data, some may should start from the detail implementation, some may should start from software architecture design.
- But I would like to say, no matter which software, developer may should start from learning the industry business contexts this software applies to so that gaining a high-level picture containing all the necessary design concepts.
- I also strongly agree that sometime it is really not sufficient by just accomplished case-based unit testing because unexpected cases can always happen, so developers need go back to constantly revisit some application business design concepts, or refactor the code logic.
- Implemented and maintained a software which helps traders daily work. This software includes Microsoft excel custom client addin, windows desktop interface built on windows WPF, WCF service hosted on IIS WAS and windows service.
- Built a simple pipeline worker concept and a simple engine concept based on object oriented basic design principal and software open close design principal through .NET concurrency library, linq.
- Complicated messaging software TIBCO EMS supports the integration between systems through message sharing with embedded data object or text.
- Enhanced a concept of imminent real time data filtering, processing, displaying and disposing. The real time data can be either volatile, or flushed to storage for continuous data analysis or reporting.
- Excel 2003 and 2010 macro VBA writing.
- Learned from the team manager and senior developer some design concepts and implemented a couple of applications on, such as WCF transaction supporting ACID operations; AppFabric supporting WCF service auto start, work flow and caching; inherited file processor for each business context following strategy pattern with separate concern. Case based unit testing is very important no matter what kind of pressure you are under to have to delivery application on time.
- Learned about writing XSD and how it supports uniform XML configuration to dynamically load configuration objects through XML serialization and de-serialization.
- Learned some ASP.NET web form based application design concepts, such as demanded data loading, paging, sorting and filtering, etc.
- Learned Sql server 2005 service broker design, coding and how to support asynchronous data queuing and transaction.