- Around 7+years of experience in IT sector in Linux administration, build engineering and release management process, building and deploying applications by adopting DevOps practices such as Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)in runtime with various tools like Git, Maven, VSTS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with Azure &AWS.
- Linux/Unix system administrator on Red hat EL, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x and VMware environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Experienced in administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL Linux
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall models
- Implemented Puppet hierarch to separate data from puppet code.
- Creating and maintaining Infrastructure for Applications in AWS using Terraform. Building & Automating CICD pipelines for different applications.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, and Traffic Manager.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java,AEM,Jenkins,Ant, Maven, SVN,git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy and XL Release, SharePoint,CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading Patches, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Major focus on Configuration, SCM, Build/Release Management, Infrastructure as a code (IAC) and as Azure DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation Environment, Incident and Change Management) including various tools.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Experienced in building, deploying and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture (especially BEA Web Logic, Tomcat and WebSphere).
- Integrated Jenkins with various Devops tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet, CA Nolio, HP CDA, HP ALM and HP QTP etc.
- Administrated and monitored activities for SVN, GIT, TFS, Perforce, UCM Clear case and CVS.
- Implemented a complete automated build-release solution using a combination of technologies like Maven, TFS, Jenkins
- Developing automated process for code builds and deployments using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus, Shell Script, Perl, Java.
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and Open Shift/Kubernetes.
- Used JIRA to keep track of all the ongoing tasks and maintain bug resolutions.
- Experience in assigning the azure services on locations specific to integrate with web-apps and key-vaults
- Experience in setting up CICD pipeline integrating various tools with Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cruise Control, Team City, Octopus Deploy and Anthill Pro for automated builds.
- Involved in the analysis and troubleshooting of issues which are tracked through VSTS.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash, Shell &Kourne shell to automate the builds for the Java based applications.
- Collaborated with different teams to achieve the work force and escalations to meet the requirements
- Automate deployment for SaaS based application on cloud using Chef Enterprise, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools GIT , clear case to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging and Tags.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven and to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively using build plugins in maven.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and Kubernetes for the orchestration purpose
- Developed and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and Services AWS provisioning and worked on services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF and EBS.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions using Helm charts.
- Experience in managed kubernetes services such as Google kubernetesengine(GKE), Azure kubernetes and AWS Elastic container service.
- Hands-on in using OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes , container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience with OpenShift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Proficiency in using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, Docker Weave, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm , and Docker Registry and used containerization to make applications platform when moved into different environments.
Public & Private Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Apache Mesos, OpenShift
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack, Terraform
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, Travis CI, Hudson, VSTS, TFS.
Build & Testing Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit, xUnit
Version Control Tools: Git, Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket.
Performing/Monitoring & Bug Tracking Tools: ELK, Nagios, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, New Relic, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Confluence, Jira.VMware ESXI, Vagrant, KVM, Windows Hyper V, Power VM, vSphere 5Citrix
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Samba, SQL Server.
Databases: Dynamo DB, MySQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle DB
IDE Tools: MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Oracle SQL Developer
Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, NFS, SMTP, TCP/IP, NIS, HTTP/HTTPS, WAN, LAN, Palo Alto, Cisco Routers/Switches
Scripting/Programming Languages: Python, Shell Scripting, Bash Shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Groovy, PowerShell, YAML, Perl, C, C++, .NET, ASP.NET, Java, Java/J2EE, Go.
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Windows, MacOS.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr DevOps ENGINEER
- Worked with Jenkins under the Cl/CD pipeline providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams.
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code and using most of the AWS services like EC2, S3, IAM, ELB, VPC, etc.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Created Python and Bash tools to increase efficiency of call center application system and operations; data conversion scripts, REST, JSON, and CRUD scripts for API Integration.
- Wrote Python code embedded with JSON and XML to produce HTTP GET request, parsing HTML data from websites.
- Configuring JUnit coverage report and Integration Test cases as part of build in GitLab Runner
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories includingGIT, Subversion and TFS.
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging and developing Shell/Groovy Scripts for automation purpose.
- Creation of gitlab-ci.yml file for kicking build process in stages that run in docker container.
- Implementing multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Jenkins and SonarQube .
- Creating scripts in DSL Groovy which integrate with Jenkins for Automation to create seed jobs.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Coordinated software application and database deployments across several environments and provided feedback and training to other full-time release engineering staff for production releases during off hours.
- Worked on Ansible, used YML packages for installing, configuring push to make changes in time.
- Monitored RDS with Postgres, instances, and ElasticLoadBalancer for performance and availability.
- Experience in troubleshooting ay issues generated while build and deployments.
- Deployed configuration management and provisioning to AWS using Packer-Docker and Terraform, involved in the automated deployment of EBS on to the AWS Cloud ec2 instance server and automated the complete deployment environment on AWS.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries, and Kubernetes.
- Administration and Support for App Servers on IIS and Websphere
- Developed custom automation build system using Hudson and TFSBuild on Team Foundation Server
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on UrbanCodeuDeploy.
- Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to backup the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery.
- Wrote CHEF recipes for automated uDeploy agent installs/updates, uDeploy agent relays install/update and configuring the same with the uDeploy server.
- Moved 72 web services and related application to uDeploy and maintained them across 5 environments Develop, QA, UAT, PreProd and Prod.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Puppet, Android, VMWare, Amazon EC2
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring checks.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts, Infra build out automation on CentOS, and RHEL platforms over SoftLayer.
- Worked with Chef recipes/cookbooks which involved installing, updating, Oracle 11g, ucDeploy agents, 7zip, updating CentOS, controlling load balancers, updating LDAP servers and many more etc.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using Urbancode and Cruise to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Leveraging project specific knowledge from developers, resolved code conflicts during merges and provided insight as needed.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet, HPCDA, HPALM and HPQTP etc.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MSSQL, SonarQube, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on Linux platforms.
- Updated bugs and user stories in ALMtool to reflect deployment information when pushing / releasing code, collating them with other information into release notes.
- Work closely with Application Development, Infrastructure Engineering, QA and Project Management Teams.
- Having good Experience in Configuration Management tools like Ansible for transferring and running the modules with the help of SSH-based systems.
Environment: GIT, JENKINS, JenkinsFile, Groovy, Java, GO, Python, Shell, Packer, Docker, Terraform, DynamoDB, Airflow, Ansible, JIRA, AWS, S3, IAM, AWS, EC2, ANT, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, MAVEN.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Provisioned and administered EC2 instances and configuring EBS, Simple Storage(S3) cross region replication, Elastic Load Balancer, configure Auto scaling, setting up CloudWatch alarms, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), mapping with multi AZ VPC instances and RDS, based on architecture.
- Worked on Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups and created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and used BOTO3 and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Configured Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing, IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC, created storage cached and storage volume gateways to store data and other services in the AWS.
- Architected and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups and Route Tables.
- Used Security Groups, Network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Worked on migration services like AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost "lift and shift" methodology and AWS Database Migration Service (DMS), AWS Snowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Worked in an Agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet & Chef.
- Written Terraform scripts to automate AWS services which include ELB, CloudFront distribution, RDS, EC2, database security groups, Route 53, VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, and S3 Bucket and converted existing AWS infrastructure to AWS Lambda deployed via Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Implemented AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS) scheduler to automate application deployment in the cloud using Docker Automation techniques.
- Implemented Docker - maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker File to build the Docker images from the Java jar files also Created Docker images using a Docker File, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Wrote Python scripts using the Boto3 library to automatically sign up the instances in AWS EC2 and OpsWorks stacks and integrated with Auto Scaling with configured AMI’s.
- Used Git version control to manage the source code and integrating Git with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with Jira to monitor the commits.
- Worked on AWS costs by writing the Ansible Playbooks for auto Start/Stop of AWS resources at the time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins and knowledge on RHEL on Ansible Playbooks, Modules and Roles .
- Designed various Jenkins jobs to continuously integrate the processes and executed CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Deployed and configured Chef server including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning and experience in developing Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool, customized Ruby scripts to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration on Chef Server to initiate Chef Nodes.
- AWS Cloud management using Chef Automation and Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker-registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Set up and managed ELK ( Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS CloudWatch and Lambda. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NOSQL databases including MongoDB and Redis .
Environment: - AWS, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, JAVA, Python, DynamoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, Orange county, CA
Azure DevOps Engineer
- UNIX System Administration. Fine-tuning, Kernel debugging, process scheduling, disk and file system I/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications.
- Installing, configuring, and administering NIS master server and NIS slave server.
- Experience in implementing High Availability Clusters using Veritas Clustering, HP Service Guard, and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Moderate and contribute to the support forums (specific to Azure Networking, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage) for Microsoft Developers Network, including Partners and MVPs.
- Built a prototype Azure Data Lake application that accesses 3rd party data services via Web Services. The solution dynamically scales, automatically adding/removing cloud-based compute, storage, and network resources based upon changing workloads.
- Setup datadog monitoring across different servers and aws services.
- Created datadog dashboards for various applications and monitored real-time and historical metrics.
- Created system alerts using various datadog tools and alerted application teams based on the escalation matrix.
- Integrated cloudcheckr, Datadog, Splunk Dashboard with aws accounts.
- Good working experience in Azure Logic Apps, Service Bus, Document DB, and SQL Database.
- Administer the Network issues and Resolving Operating Systems related issues of AIX, Linux, and making sure that the users get the proper environment for testing.
- Plan and implement assigned projects, change management, on-call support, and hotline bridge participation.
- Used scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, Bash, and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and Web Service like AWS.
- Spearheaded migration from Puppet environment to Docker-based service architecture.
- Good experience in using Puppet, which helps in site-redundancy and Releases Management activities for large Enterprise Applications.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Creating Database users, roles, profiles, alert logs/ trace logs on Oracle Database application boxes, and worked on RAC.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the SAMBA server in Linux.
Environment: RedHat, Linux, Solaris,DataDog, Google cloud platform, Veritas Volume Manager 4.1, Veritas Cluster Server 4.1, Veritas NetBackup 5, BMC Patrol for Unix, Apache 2.2.x, Sun Java System Web Server 6.x, 7, Puppet,WebLogic. Azure
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Built Openstack based infrastructure for Database as a service(DBaaS) and Load Balancer as a service(LBaaS).
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Maintained custom PowerShell scripts that interact with Office 365, Active Directory, SQL, and VMware.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Weblogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Weblogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Weblogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
Environment: Java, Maven, Openstack, Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Weblogic, Subversion, Shell scripting.