- 8+ years of experience in IT industry as Cloud Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux Administrator, Systems Engineer in SCM, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure.
- I am also skilled with years of IT experience in system programming, solution designing, cloud computing, automation framework development and DevOps.
- Experience on various Azure services like IAAS, SAAS and PAAS, Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation.
- Hands on configuring DSC configurations to deploy Web Servers to Azure VMs. Configured Azure Automation DSC configuration management to assign permissions through RBAC, assign nodes to proper automation accounts and DSC configurations, to get alerted on any changes made to nodes and their configuration
- Experiences working with various services in Azure like Data Lake to store and analyze the data
- Experience in using AWS CLI for deploying applications and other cloud Foundry management activities.
- Solid knowledge in AWS environment for products in Elastic Cloud Computing, Simple Storage Services, Glacier, Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Lambda, VPC, Load balancing, Relational Database Service, and Cloud Watch.
- Experience in deploying a web application into AWS cloud in automating the configurations using Terraform.
- Responsible for writing automation scripts for creating resources in OpenStack cloud using Python and Terraform modules.
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications, database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs, Security groups, public and private network configurations.
- Expertise in IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resources within AWS based on groups or user.
- Worked with Jenkins, GitHub, OpenStack, Ansible, and Docker to provide Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery of open-source and custom applications.
- Hands on various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark.
- Tested a private storage cloud using Open Stack software and worked as well with Open Stack Multi-node installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM. Experience with Chef for Environment configuration and Application Deployments.
- Experience on automation tool like Ansible wherein I configured systems, deployed the software and orchestrated tasks by writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience working on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, and Docker Hub and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Hands on Docker, Kubernetes, and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in setting up Open Shift cluster and creating new environments/namespaces, worked on creating new images into the environment/namespace.
- Hands on Kubernetes to automate the deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Hands on experience in working with InstallShield.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins, experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines and in automating deployment pipelines.
- Extensive experience in Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate tasks on nodes and jobs. Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins.
- Experience with logging advances ELK, record beat. And outlined and setup environment of GLOBAL ELK in QA, STG and PROD.
- Experience in setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across servers, log monitoring, created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS Cloud Watch and Lambda. Experience in setting up repositories, such as J-Frog and Nexus.
- Experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Worked with the version control tools such as GIT, Subversion (SVN) wherein experienced with tagging, branching on platforms like Linux and Windows.
- Worked on Building and Deploying Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the process.
- Experience in creating branches from within JIRA and JIRA agile by integrating the Bit bucket with JIRA.
- Experience in working on the scripting languages like Shell (Bash), Python, Ruby and Perl for automation.
- Expertise in LINUX/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, Cent OS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x.
TECHNICAL SKILLSAmazon Web Services: (EC2, EB, Route 53, S3), Apache web services, GAE (Google App Engine)
Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Java, C#
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, JBOSS, WebLogic
SCM Tools: GIT, GitHub, CVS, Subversion, Bit Bucket
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Terraform, Gradle
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Continuous Integration/ Deployment Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, GitLab, Microsoft VSTS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, App Dynamics, Splunk, Log Stash, Apache J-Meter, Kibana
Network Protocols: HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, VPN, Cisco Routers/Switches
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
- Worked extensively with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto-scaling Groups, Route 53, IAM, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, SNS, and RDS.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for fast deploying of various applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in JSON.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lockdown security groups.
- Worked on version control tools like GIT, to track changes made by different people in source code working on concepts like Branching, Merging and Tagging.
- Creating Automated Builds and Deployment Platforms and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Implemented Apache Maven, Install Shield to support various internal projects and automated the build process thereby making the process easy and less time consuming.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud
- Created and configured the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle and for branching purpose.
- Experience in maintaining the Chef server with cookbooks, roles, environments, versions by using the environment files.
- Writing Scripts for automating and testing the code using Perl, Korn, Ruby, Bash and Python.
- Involved in writing Python scripts for application development automation. Also was responsible to edit the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes occurring in the project requirements.
- Responsible for training and providing documents for QA and Dev teams on Jira bug tracking and project management.
- Played a major role in building Docker images; create build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on OpenShift. Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of Open Shift MASTER.
- Deployed java applications to OpenShift environment using Jenkins pipelines.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture with AWS Lambda, Kinesis and deployed with Terraform and AWS CloudFormation to build staging and production environments.
- Work DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like AWS by using Terraform.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Used to regularly monitor application server instances using Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Worked on configuring Alerting mechanisms with Nagios, error logging, performance monitoring.
- Built many custom reports to generate reports and monitor the status of several machines using Nagios and IBM Endpoint Management tools.
Environment: s: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open Shift, Dockers, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Tomcat, Ansible, Shell, Nexus, XL Deploy, WebLogic, Python, Shell.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack for Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HD Insight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM Services and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Performed provisioning of IAAS, PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager. Deployed Web applications on Azure using PowerShell Workflow.
- Expertise in migrating the existing Azure infrastructure into v2 (ARM), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as possible. Configuring the Azure Load Balancer to Load balance incoming traffic to VM's.
- Hands on Experience in designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture underlined with Ingress and Egress using Azure Data Lake Store & Azure Data Factory by adding storage blobs to lakes for analytic results and so pull data from Azure data lake to the Storage Blobs.
- Used GIT as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo, and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations. Defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Managed build and deployment scripts using Ansible, triggered the jobs using Jenkins to move from one environment to across all the environments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring, and maintaining the purpose of CI and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for the database using Jenkins. Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate jobs on nodes.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issues and worked with Terraform key features such as infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graphs and change automation.
- Created, Configured, and managed a cluster of VMs that are preconfigured to run containerized applications using Azure Container services and designed and integrated pivotal cloud foundry on Microsoft Azure.
- Hands-on experience in Configuration management tool Ansible and developing modules in Ansible to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Configured Apache tomcat server using Ansible and Performed Deployment of War files in Tomcat application servers using Shell script and Ansible.
- Experience in writing scripts in Python to automate the log rotation from multiple logs.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file worked on Docker container snapshots, managed Docker volume and implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Automated Docker image deployment to a developer and production environment using Jenkins and ansible.
- Automated MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python. Involved in creating and working through Docker images, containers and Docker Consoles for managing Application Life cycle.
- Hands-on experience in using Open Shift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience with Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Managed and deployed Gitlab and Sentry services into Kubernetes. Configured their Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the Core OS.
- Conducted detailed research on Mesos-Marathon and Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Maintenance of JIRA Cloud running with AWS. Integrating Jira and Service Now using Task top plug-in.
- Created Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) queries, Reports, Alerts, and Dashboards. Configured Splunk for all the mission critical applications and using Splunk effectively for Application troubleshooting and monitoring post go lives.
- Developed Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process for deploying the web services and created Bash, shell and python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
Environment: Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, ARM Services, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Dockers, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, Terraform, JIRA, Java, Python, Shell Scripting, Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Troubleshooting.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- As a passionate AWS engineer, I was involved in migration of business from a physical data center environment to AWS and designed, built and deployed multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with CloudWatch monitoring.
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure for our environments building AWS Cloud Formation stacks from the resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, CloudWatch, Security Group, Auto Scaling.
- Worked on databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability and Configure and deploy several hypervisors and VMs running Open Stack for testing and production environments.
- Migrate on premise database to AWS Cloud and designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack by focusing on high-availability and auto-scaling with Scripts.
- Experience in building and configuring a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Adopted Install Shield scripts, written scripts and used them to package builds and releases for different environments as defined in SDLC
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior. Created Docker file for each micro service and changed some of the Tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Software and managing system configurations AWS EC2 instances. Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, and Wrote Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server Involved in designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tools and Jenkins as automation tool to move from one environment to other environments. Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable automation of build & deployment using Jenkins.
- Used Elastic Stack ELK (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana) to validate the operational status of the resources by examining items such as metrics, Synthetic transactions, and log files.
- Replaced Splunk logging and analytics with an automated ELK cluster, increasing data capture capacity and reducing costs. System log and Cloud Trail collection using Splunk including Splunk installation, collector configuration and multi indexer setup on Production Environment.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Defined various Terraform standards to be used across the board and developed modules for various Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Cloud SQL, ILB (Internal Load Balancer), GLB (Google Load Balancer), MIGs etc.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Route 53, EC2, S3 Bucket, RDS, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Opens tack, Ansible, Chef, Docker Swarm, Maven, Bash, python, Shell Scripting, PHP, Linux, ELK, Java, Troubleshooting.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Linux/Unix/Windows-based web/App servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic and WebSphere for Application deployments.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk. Used GIT for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and Migrated to MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files and used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems and SCM Tools like SVN and imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Worked on JIRA for tracking and updating the JIRA tickets and per assigned and Maintained JIRA Administration/User documentation in Confluence.
- Used Splunk to monitor the system logs as well as notify the incident management system upon exceeding thresholds.
- Implementing and maintaining a Continuous Delivery framework using, Build tools, Jenkins, and custom scripts. And Managed Jenkins server and nodes configuration, environment variable and plugins.
- Wrote Python, Bash and Ruby scripts to perform deploys dynamic content to Tomcat Webserver and WebSphere App Servers, shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
Environment: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Java, SVN, Subversion, Splunk, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Bash, Perl, Linux, windows, Virtualization Manager, Kickstart.