- Having 9+ years of IT experience Build and Release/DevOps Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and maintaining of release in different environments.
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like source code repos (GIT, Bit Bucket), Jenkins, binary code repos (Nexus, Artifactory), configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible & Puppet. Had set up staging and production environments for CI workflow.
- Solid understanding of Python, Linux Shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
- Experience in configuring AWS cloud infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Hands on experience in various Docker components like Docker engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry.
- Managed container orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Confidential Container Service.
- Developed an end - to-end Continuous Integration Pipeline using Jenkins for enabling containerized local control plane using Kubernetes & Docker.
- Performed day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs and Docker Swarm in GCP.
- Having experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experience with Configuration Management/Automation tool Ansible and has worked on integration Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins configuration and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Hands on experience in Branching, Merging Strategies, Tagging and maintaining versions across Windows and Linux platform using Version control tools.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN, Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts by using Nexus and Artifactory Managers.
- Managed in creating stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages in Oracle.
- Good experience in Web Logic, Web sphere, Tomcat Application Server for application deployments.
- Experienced with Red hat Enterprise, IP tables, and VLAN management.
- Experienced in writing Bash/Shell scripts for automating Back-ups and setting up CRON Jobs.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking and Ticketing Tools like Remedy, Jira and ServiceNow.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Gained experience in utilizing Atlassian products such as Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence.
- Worked on testing and automation tools like Selenium.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Gained experience in utilizing Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Analysis, Planning, and Development, Testing, Implementing and post-production analysis of the project.
- Working Knowledge on databases like MySQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases like Dynamo DB and Mongo DB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and hard-working team player.
- Self-motivated, able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines.
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch)
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Ansible, Anthill Pro, Bamboo Deploy, X Deploy
SCM Tools: Subversion, Bit Bucket,Perforce, Clear case
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine, Junit, Test Flight, Test Rail, Teamcity, TestComplete, JMeter, SoapUI, LoadRunner
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, GIT, SVN
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Web logic, Web sphere, IIS Server
Languages/Utilities: Shellscript, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Python
Operating Systems: Unix, RedHat Linux, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8/10
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Confidential, New York
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Rebuilding and modernization of high load classified advert platform on Confidential Web Services (AWS).
- Worked on Confidential AWS tools, such as Lambda, S3, SNS/SQS, and their python interfaces.
- Architected the AWS pre-prod environment, which includes setting up the VPC, Subnets, S3, EC2, AWS EMR, Redshift, Web Servers, IAM, Security Groups, Loan Balancer & Lambda to support data warehousing solutions.
- Build server deployment on an Confidential Cloud (EC2) server with the help of DevOps tool like Puppet.
- Monitoring - Nagios, Custom checks, AppDynamics, Splunk.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet.
- Maintain and monitor all system frameworks and provide after call support to all systems and maintain optimal Linux knowledge.
- Integrated build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, Tortoise SVN.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins t o move from one environment to other environments.
- Created a Continuous Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images and publish into a private repository- Nexus v2.
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a WEB application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Also, Implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Confidential AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef frame work and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Participating in 24x7 production on-call support of Linux and provided technical support to users.
Environment: AWS, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, LINUX, UNIX, JIRA, Puppet, Python Scripting, GIT.
- Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VMware ESX, Docker containers and Chef.
- Responsible for Installing and configuration of Dockers, setting up Change Management process andstandardizing the policies for various applications.
- Involved in migration from SVN to GIT repos and worked with Linux system administrators for the same.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Working knowledge on data flow monitoring and analysis tools like Axway.
- Supported Gateway implementations using the products like Axway and Sterling File Gateway.
- Setup the Chef Workstation, Chef Server and chef nodes.
- Worked in creating, uploading new cookbooks and recipes. Also worked on scheduling the Chef Nodesconvergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuousintegration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Worked on Chef/Puppet cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, GIT, Confluence and Jira.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration and also for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Perform deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimizedvolumes and EC2 instances.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and Setup various non-production environments for validating various applications.
- Creating the SQL, PL/SQL scripts (DML and DDL) in oracle database and revising them in SVN and alsocreated multiple Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks.
Environment: GIT, ANT Maven, Docker, Nexus, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, JIRA, AWS, Shell scripts, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Remedy, VMWare, Find bugs, check style.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purpose.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Have deployed various applications through Docker containers.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and ANT as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Configured and implemented OpenStack Nova to provision virtual machines on KVM for computer.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard &Puppet DB for configuration management to prevailing infrastructure.
- Have automated rest service call through java code thus avoiding use of SOAPUI
- Support IBM Bluemix infrastructure as a service, (IaaS) environment by utilizing Jira's for managing workflow, perform physical and virtual server builds for new and existing DC's including RAID configuration
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Suggested tools and related implementation to engineering teams regarding cloud-based services.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies AND related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
- Provided automated deployment services Via Chef and implantation methodology for Openstack.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Develop relationships with customers and help them realize the full potential of Bluemix cloud-platform
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as GIT, JIRA, TeamCity or similar
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and workflow tool.
Environment: SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, TeamCity, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Cloud computing, Openstack, Elastic Beanstalk, JVM, AWS
QA DevOps Engineer
- Reduced build/deploy time by 90% by creating Jenkins scripts to automate code pull from Perforce/GIT, used Maven to build war/jar files, configure customized properties files and deploy code to various internal Linux servers and onto other Confidential Web Servers (AWS).
- Having full responsibility as QA-DevOps Engineer. Launched QA/DEV/Demo/Pre-Prod environments using AWS. Configured OS, size, firewall, VPN, IP and added third party or custom applications. Ensured services were up and running.
- Improved testing time by 60% by creating automation scripts using Test Complete Automation Tool. Used the automation scripts to validate code every time development code is pushed to the different build branches.
- Merging Strategies, Tagging and maintaining versions across Windows and Linux platform using Version control tools to improve the code quality and deployment strategies.
- Automated REST API testing using SoapUI Pro. Reduced regression testing time in all Asset REST API calls. Continuously added/updated the APIs calls as the Asset product is modified.
- Used Selenium (WebDriver, Grid) scripts to the automation testing and validation of the three components of Asset. Continuously updated the scripts as the product is updated or added new scripts as new functionality is created.
- Created new automation scripts using UNIX shell scripts, python, java and Selenium (Web Server) to automate GUI and decoder testing on newly added features. These scripts would run nightly to ensure nothing would regress when the product is enhanced.
- Automated SoapUI functional tests to be used for regression to allow for quicker test completion for every new build during the Agile development 2-week sprints. Continued to enhance SoapUI scripts and reduced regression time from 15 hours to 5 hours.
- Initiated the use of JMeter to performance test the Asset application. Quickly found bottlenecks, DB deadlocks, user capacity limits and web response time issues.
- Spearheaded the securing of the Tomcat Web Servers to communicate via HTTPS instead of HTTP by creating/using self-signed s, modified tomcat configurations and building the Apache Portable Runtime libraries.
Environment: SoapUI, SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Cloud computing, Selenium, JVM, AWS
Manual Test Engineer
- Participating in all aspects of product testing, including test plan development, execution and delivery of well-tested solutions with short time to release
- Using LoadRunner (LR) with HTML/HTTP protocols, developed and executed various LR scripts to performance test user stories for API’s/GUI prior to code being released into production. Continued to add additional transactions as the scenarios grow with development enhancements or behavioral changes
- Great system knowledge. Understood the environment to determine performance issues between LoadRunner Generators to the client, Virtual IP Load Balancer, Apache servers, Transport Layer Security (TLS)/Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) security layers, JBoss servers, Terracotta Cache layer, Spring Hibernate and Oracle database. Used Automated Workload Repository (AWR) in Oracle to determine which queries have degraded or should be enhanced.
- Independently analyzes issues, recommends software changes and writes detailed bug reports. Creates and maintains ownership of test cases and test results throughout SDLC
- Assists and cooperates with multiple teams, supervisor and management
- Partner with Development Manager in collaborating between engineers and QA
- Performs all duties in accordance with established Company goals
- Performs technical analysis to identify the scope and schedule for upcoming projects and individual work items
- Provides the highest level of customer service to customers, whether these are current or prospective clients of the Company, vendors, staff, business partners or visitors
Environment: SoapUI, SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, LoadRunner, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Cloud computing, Selenium, JVMClient: Patra India BPO Services