- Expertise in Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server, Mobile, Web - based and Cloud (AWS) applications.
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications and Design documentations and converting them into Test Scenarios.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Projects, worked very closely with Product owners in Agile and attended different ceremonies like Sprint Planning meeting, Scrum, Backlog grooming, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, Appium,Protractor,Jasmine, Maven, ANT, Hudson, Jenkins, Jmeter tools.
- Experience of Creating, Modifying and Maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Worked in DevOps, installing, configuring and integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools (CI/CD) like Jenkins for nightly test suite execution and working knowledge on testing and configuring Amazon Web services(AWS)
- Expert in developing Behavior Driven development (BDD/TDD/ATDD) by writing gherkins language using cucumber tool, developed Scenarios, Scenario outlines, features and Step definitions and generating the cucumber reports
- Experience in installation and Administration of various version control systems like GIT (Distributed Version Control), GitHub, SVN Version Control
- Experience in automating Mobile applications (Android) using Appium.
- Automated AngularJS applications using Protractor, Jasmine ( spec, config files)
- Working with Unit Test Frameworks like TestNG, Junit, and Jasmine.
- Experience in implementing the Page Object Model (POM) by creating element for each page object and reused all the objects in various scripts.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various tools like SOAP UI/Ready API and selenium.
- Automated Webservices by writing groovy scripts and used assertions for data validation and performed data driven for validating different endpoints.
- Worked with eclipse, jxl, apache POI, Log 4J, ANT, HTTP client and Maven.
- Experienced using tools like Firepath, Firebug, and UI Automator Viewer for finding elements locator and good knowledge in writing the absolute and relative XPATHS manually on need basis
- Performed Database/Backend testing by writing complex SQL Queries for data validation and integrity, good at writing complex Joins and knowledge in PL/SQL
- Worked with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs for running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel
- Worked on testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Android, Safari and Chrome
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, browser compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web based Applications.
- Expertise in using various defect-reporting and defect-tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, and HP ALM.
- Experience in writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes by following industry standard java coding standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Quality oriented mind set up with Test to Break Attitude and Tactful & Diplomatic Behavior
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC, QTP, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, Firebug, Fire Path, Load Runner, JMeter.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP /Quality Center, JIRA & Assembla
Build Tools: ANT, Maven.
Frameworks: Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Behavioral Driven & Hybrid Frameworks
Languages: Java, SQL, C#, C++, Python, VB.net, ASP.Net, .Net.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudsons.
Cross Browser Platform: SauceLab and Selenium GRID
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Databases: Oracle, DB2&MongoDB, NoSQL
Add-Ons: Fire Path, Firebug, Selenium Builder, Selenium IDE
IDE: Eclipse, Sublime Text
Version Control: Subversion, Team forge, GIT, GITHUB, Source Tree
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, UNIX and Linux, Android
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. SDET/Automation Test Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports .
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results .
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and also at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and XPath.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Rally as tracking tool
- Used Firebug, Firepath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Customized Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Involved in developing automated test cases using Cucumber in JUnit.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like SVN, Jenkins for improvements and new features
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Experience in doing manual testing for Mobile application.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, Soap UI, HTML, XML, JIRA, Rally, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, TestNG, Agile.
SDET/Automation Test engineer
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub through cmd.
- Involved in developing BDD Frame work from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Expertise in mobile automation using Appium, selenium, java in both Android and IOS.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Executed test cases in real device for both mobile app and mobile website.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Worked with AWS cloud machines to setup selenium GRID and also Jenkins server on HUB machine.
- Used cucumber to automate services using Rest API.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI.
- Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI.
- Experience in working with the tools like Kibana, HP BAC.
- Experience in testing the cloud platform.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.