- I am a Python Developer with over 9 years’ experience navigating Medicaid Long - Term Care requirements, regulations, and policies.
- I have worked in many capacities ranging from direct care management to Python development, building technology around business solutions for clients.
- Additionally, I engage in managing projects developed within python’s Django framework, utilizing technologies like MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
- My transition from social services to web development is rooted in my desire to provide quality services and deliverables to clients at scale, after leaving full-time employment to pursue an MPA.
- I now leverage technology and build business solutions to produce at scale. My objective is to work on building web-based solutions to address healthcare-based issues that affect medical professionals and patients.
STACK: Django/Python, MariaDB/MySQL, Elasticsearch 5 + 6, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Render, Git, Gitlab, Atlassian Helix Cloud, Linux, Windows 10, Docker
TEAMWORK/COLLAB: Git, Asana, Zenkit, Dropbox, Google Drive, pCloud, OneDrive, Microsoft Office, Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Calendar)
- Platform as a Talent Sourcing tool. Provides careerists with data-driven opportunities leveraging NTLK and NumPy modules.
- Built and developed new features and function with Python3 within the Django Framework
- Utilizes AWS’ RDS and S3 data and file management solutions for backend/user media contents
- Leverages Elasticsearch for querying functions
- Structured DB managed by MariaDB/MySQL
- Caching managed by Redis
- Built front-end using Django’s Template Tag system, based on Jinja2’s templating engine
- Leverage Jinja2 Templating + Word documents to serve as a file-based Content Management System (for proof of concept)
- Hosted on Render, a cloud provider with deep integrations between platform and GitHub.
- Utilize Docker and Linux VMs to for staging and testing before deploying to the cloud
- Utilize YAML files to automate and simulate production-level cloud deployments
- CI development across Windows 10/Linux environments
- Utilize Sublime Text 3 and Jupyter Notebook for testing and debugging specific issues & crafting Python test units.
- Platform to automatically convert existing forms and documentation in .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .odt file formats, and convert them to HTML
- Built with Python3/Django
- Leveraging MongoDB for Document-Based data storage
- Auto-generate content via sophisticated data-extraction feature set, template tagging, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) functions
- Extensively utilize form views to capture and store data
- Render forms through combination of HTML-to-filetype conversion features, and HTML-based templating
- Development road map to ensure HIPAA and HITECH compliance, with inclusion of app logging and geographic requirements for cloud DB storage
- Existing Use-Case for automating and streamlining documentation and project-management requirements for Medicaid Long-Term-Care programs within New York State Region
- Python module for text extraction
- Leverages MuPDF as engine for PDF text extraction w/high fidelity for white spacing.
- Fall-back PyPDF2 in case of MuPDF build failure
- Provides single function to extract text while being file-type agnostic.
- Dev roadmap to include more file TYPES (E.G..: CSV, ODT, YAML, MD ETC.)
- Ongoing creation of technology around business solution requirements.
- Develop apps within a microservices framework
- Developed micro-application to tokenize and weigh word values based on frequency and importance
- Generate summaries based on rank-ordering of sentence-based array object
- Intended for large public program manuals and special reports with 600+ pages
- Convert processed and filtered HTML and Plain Text content to named .docx and .pdf files on the fly
- Convert styles and text formatting to promote uniformity and establish a style guide
- Building form generation technology to automate service plan writing and documentation loading.
- Ongoing research on HIPAA and HITECH requirements for creating health-based applications
- Knowledge of database storage and geographic limitations
- User-level logging for HIPAA protection, reporting and auditing
- User Agreement management and storage
- Domain-based email authentication + OAuth integration
- Evaluation of HIPAA-Certified cloud solutions for deployment
- Craft policy and procedure changes to reflect NYS LTC program changes in response to CMS final rules and directives
- Generate training modules, exams, and presentation materials for training requirements for home care staff
- Leverages existing technologies to generate at scale
- Provide technology reviews and recommendation reports to address organizational concerns and weaknesses
- Project Management initial service onboarding process and serve as Team Lead for ad-hoc service plan projects
- Service plan underwriting and financial reviews
- Evaluate clinical and social requirements and validation for service level type and budgeting requests
- Compare requested services against more cost-effective options
- Preserve NYS Medicaid spending within purview as reviewer
- Ad Hoc service plan writing and intake processing
- Meet clients within their home or in structured clinical settings
- Collect clinical and social documentation to validate service plan requests
- Utilized financial forecasting models and software to generate monthly and annual Medicaid budgets
- Project manage the process through service plan generation to securing housing to updating and validating clinical assessments in prep for discharge planning and Medicaid authorization under new billing/categorization codes.
- Tracked status and ongoing progress of reviewed service plans as a resource for client when engaging with NYS DOH
SENIOR INTAKE COORDINATOR
- Managed structured dataset on Incident Reports and performance data
- Identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) affecting program performance
- Analyzed and presented performance findings to committees and Dept. heads during monthly phone conferences and quarterly QI meetings Intake and Case Management
- Developed each client’s network of medical, clinical, and other staffs prior to enrollment
- Supervised and managed various diffused networks to extract deliverables and meet program objective from external stakeholders across clinical and medical settings.
- Managed transitional teams and facilitated hand-offs to new case managers
- Grew business by meeting performance metrics, pursuing innovations in operations, and maximizing critical partnerships
- Established new policies and procedures for Incident Report to in corporate metrics and tracking for performance improvements
- Tracked and analyzed performance related to the execution of tasks and routines; identified opportunities for optimization and automation via existing technological infrastructure.
- Implemented interventions focused on best practices to improve completion rate of plan renewals and budget reauthorizations.
- Designed, implemented and assessed strategies for improving operational pipelines within the organization.
- Evaluated costs and pursued value-added strategies to help patients transition from facility-based care towards community residence.
- Managed each client’s respective network of medical, clinical, and social services staff
- Interfaced with various diffused networks to extract deliverables and meet program objective
- Ensured deliverables and management of services portfolio with $750K-780K in annual billing