- Technology visionary with 20+ years leading and defining corporate technology strategy and the architecture/implementation of high volume management systems.
- Define the road - maps for infrastructure and oversee the implementation plan for increased growth, maximizing business continuity, and ensure high performance/high availability of information systems.
- Extensive experience working closely with functional organizations, application developers, offshore L1/L2 operational support teams, quality assurance and engineering organizations providing planning, defining, developing, documenting, configuring, testing, deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting Middleware products and applications
- Delivery experience working in large, global complex environments in Telecom, Financial and Pharmaceutical industries
- WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere Portal, Layer7 API Management, IBM HTTP Server, Apache Web Server, IIS, IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator, ILOG BRMS, R, Docker, Kubernetes and Middleware products
- MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- AWS, RHEL, AIX, Solaris, Windows
- AppDynamics, Wily, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
SRE DevOps Middleware Engineer
- Involved extensively in trouble shooting the issues and performing the root cause analysis.
- Identify and analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Creating micro-service using Python and Ansible for automation of repetitive Middleware tasks utilizing Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with DevOps workflow automation and all release engineering aspects of DevOps including the configuration management, build and deployment management, continuous Integration, and delivery.
- Conducted scrum meetings and generated dashboards. Extensively used python modules such as numpy, pandas and matplotlib. Created RESTful services using Django.
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an integrated applications environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- SME for WebSphere product providing end-to-end operational support including installing, configuring, upgrading, scaling, and troubleshooting performance issues
- Working closely with development, messaging, network support teams for applications integrated with other products.
- Troubleshooting SSL issues on the client-end and server-end for all Middleware products.
- Maintain system availability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring the emerging talent on the team
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
J2EE lead & architect
- Layer 7 API Management in terms of install/configure/patch/backup Gateway, configure Gateway Cluster using MySQL/Oracle, Layer 7 API Portal Setup, and Integration, configure Gateway and Portal Security, Kerberos Integration for allowing external users to access internal services like SharePoint, metrics configuration, audit log setup/cleanup
- Installing, configuring, securing, vertical/horizontal clustering, troubleshooting, deployment on IBM WebSphere ND (Network Deployment) version 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x
- Installing and configuring IBM HTTP Server, Apache, IIS Web Servers, Securing websites using SSL, Configuring name-based and IP-based virtual host on web server
- Wsadmin scripting using JACL/Jython for automating tasks such as deployment, configuring/restart of WebSphere Application Servers; AIX and Solaris Shell scripting for automation of various tasks such as auto start/stop on power up/down, fixpack / fixes / cumulative fixes installation, monitoring logs, emailing logs; Creating/configuring JDBC Providers, Data Sources, Tuning thread pool / connection pool settings for application/Portal databases;
- Integrating web servers IIS and IHS with WebSphere Portal and WebSphere Application servers; Performing diagnostic/RCA for various issues like JVM hang, JVM crash, 100% CPU utilization by analyzing thread dumps and heap dumps and working with IBM/Oracle Support.
- Installing, planning, upgrading and configuring WebSphere Portal 6.x clustered environments which includes deploying portlets/themes/pages using xmlaccess, configuring and syndicating Web Content Management, setup Search, setup Remote Search, use Microsoft Active Directory as secure LDAP for authentication
- Implementing LDAP security and Certificate based authentication in a variety of Middleware products including IHS, Confluence, Interwoven
- Set DNS and load balancer strategy for websites/applications hosted globally, Providing firewall configuration requests for load balancing and failover
- Creating and maintaining Wordpress blog Web-2.0 site for CIO
- Providing / managing infrastructure delivery-project timelines
- Coordinating release management ensuring version management and agile rollback method
- Managing 24x7 production support
- Creating / enforcing enterprise standards for deployment and installation with the development team/vendor and within the team
- Executing IQ/OQ for qualified/validated systems
- Engage with DBA, Server, Network and Storage teams to deliver the business requirements from Infrastructure perspective
- Closely worked with developers in migrating the applications from WebSphere to JBoss EAP
- Implemented procedures for management of third party software applications;
- Conducted investigation, troubleshooting and performance tuning of technical problems
- Assisted in installation, upgrading and patching of infrastructure software products to support web application hosting
- Provided technical assistance for development and support on JBoss and WebSphere application server platforms.
- Resolved problems relating to Java applications and web server issues by various troubleshooting techniques
- Supported technical team members in resolving configuration issues, vulnerability and audit exceptions
- Developed management scripts for system configuration changes, backups and application failover
- IBM Bluemix Cloud Evaluation