- 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing Applications (Both Manual and Automation testing).
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in working with open source tools like Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver) using Java.
- Experienced working with automated testing tools including Quick Test Professional 10.0, Load Runner 9.0, Quality Center 10 under different Environments for various applications adhering to different industry standards.
- Proficient in mobile automation testing using Appium with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experience in using Java IDE tools like Net beans and familiarity with other IDEs such as Eclipse .
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Good knowledge on Apache POI to read and write the data in Excel
- Excelled in performing Manual Testing, GUI, Functional, Integration Testing, System Testing, \ Regression Testing and Black - box testing with Knowledge of performance, load and stress testing .
- Good exposure to manual testing RESTFUL, web services in JSON format.
- Experienced in using SoapUI, Advance Rest Client to validate Soap/WSDL and Rest API Web services and Postman/ReadyAPI.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-operating system testing using selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in back end testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MYSQL for data validation and verification.
- Flexibility to work in dynamic, continually changing environment and Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Languages: JAVA, C, C#, Java Script, HTML, XML, VB.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Appium (Android Testing).HP Quality Center/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, QTP, Eclipse, Manual Testing.
Operating Systems: Window 2000/2003/XP/7/, Windows 10, UNIX, LINUX.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera.
Database: SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla .
Web Debugging Tool: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug, Webdebugger.
Web Services: SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, Web Services.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Sr. SDET Engineer
- Working in a Scrum team, attending Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning and estimating efforts and identifying acceptance criteria for user stories, Sprint Retrospective, Code review meetings.
- Reviewed Functional requirement and use case document to understand the Business logic, application requirement and technical aspects of the system.
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Strategies, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements. Identified test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests. created future files with scenario and scenario outline as well as writing step definitions for behavior.
- Maintained Behavior Driven Development(BDD) framework using the Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium Web driver, Junit & Java Automation code and used version control Git & GitHub to maintain code for the future release and new features.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using JUnit and Selenium.
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) in project for code reusability.
- Continuously maintained and updated web element locators for existing regression suite. verified Web services API request, response JSON data validations in REST, using ReadyAPI tool.
- Passed test property value and validate response using Groovy scripting including GCP OAuth2 authentication.
- Worked on Third party services and restful API services and validated responses using Postman, ReadyAPI.
- Coordinated in developing, debugging, troubleshooting, resolving issue in development, integration, test, and production environment.
- Participated to write scripts for build, deployment, and maintenance in CI-CD pipeline using related tools and tasks - Git, Jenkins.
- Executed Automation scripts parallel on different browsers/environments of Sauce Lab environment & reported defects/results to the team soon.
- Integrated API’S in the cucumber Framework for using Rest Assured.
- Executed the Automated Test scripts on virtual mechanies in GCP (Google Cloud platform).
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the Oracle database.
- Logged the Defects in Jira and maintained track of the defects throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
Environment: Java, TestNG, Junit, Maven, Intellij, Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Jenkins, JIRA, PostgreSQL, ReadyAPI, Sauce Labs, Postman, Git.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in writing test cases for the System Testing
- Designed automation test cases by using java, TestNG, maven and selenium web driver.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Used agile methodology with Scrum Process.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Following-up with developers as to the status of JIRAs and ensuring that the issues are resolved.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting.
- Worked on static and dynamic objects using XPath and DOM.
- Tested REST services using Postman, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews
- Managed Code reviews using GIT as code repository and code collaborator.
- Used Jira for Test Case management, Test Case executions, Defect Tracking and Reporting Test progress to the Project management teams.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Prepared manual and functional test cases on mobile and web applications as per requirement.
- Participated in Weekly Status meetings with project manager, Business Analyst, Developers and other team members.
- Used eclipse, IDE, and TESTNG framework to develop test code in java language. used VDI’s to run test suite while maintenance.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDÉ, Firebug, SQL, Jira, Postman, Jenkins, Test Hardness.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr.QA Manual / Automation Engineer
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test strategy & Test Scenarios based on software documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing on chrome, firefox, IEbrowser using TestNG unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNg and java in windows platform to cut down regression testing time
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber .
- Used Cucumber to write test cases for new modules.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script-free keyword Driven, Data Driven framework for Test cases using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG.
- Implemented the scripts by following Page Object Model design pattern.
- Performed end-to-end testing of Mobile application and verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements. Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Designed and documented REST APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Validated Restful API services .
- Having the scripts integrated to Jenkins CI from the GIT repo.
- Performed the test execution with continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Used JIRA as a mode to log bugs and communicate with managers and developers with issues regarding closure of bugs.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/ GRID, SOAP, JIRA, TEST NG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Appium, Agile Methodology, SQL, Eclipse, Oracle 10g, Windows 10.
- Analyzed Test Cases and contributed in creating Test Strategy for the project.
- Developed Manual Test Cases based on Use Cases for specific functional requirements.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing, and validation testing on various applications with manual testing process.
- Used Simple and Complex SQL Queries like Joins, Select, and Update for data validation and data manipulation in the new data warehouse environment.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Involved in writing and testing test scripts using Selenium IDE and Java Object Oriented Programming Language.
- Implemented waterfall methodology.
- Analysis and study of Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) documents, project planning for preparation of test plan.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies.
- Performed checking the user profiles and their login scripts. Effectively coordinated with the development team for closing of the defects.
- Used Quality Center (HP QC) as a bug tracking system.
- Recorded the test cases using Automation tool, Win runner for web based application and checked the functionality of the application.
- Logged and kept track of all Defects till their closure using Quality Center. Created and maintained Test Data on Excel sheets.
- Involved in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server and MySQL.
Environment: Test Director, UNIX, VB Script, XML, MS SQL Server 2008 v10, Web Services, Quality Center, QTP, Windows XP.