- A self - motivated professional with around 7 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Linux/Unix administration and Software Configuration & Build/Release Management.
- Experience in Linux Administration Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux servers.
- Performs necessary systems maintenance in accordance with Sun and RedHat best practices and Company change management policies.
- Implemented AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autos calling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, R53.
- Worked on cloud providers like AWS, AZURE and have knowledge on GCP.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins and Bamboo to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Implemented cloud services IAAS, PAAS, and SaaS which include Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift .
- Server provisioning, automation (Puppet/Chef/Ruby), maintenance and performance tuning
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Team city, Bamboo and ALM tools like Anthill Pro and TFS.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Find Bugs, PMD, Cobertura with CI tools.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like ECS, EKS, AKS and ACS.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployments, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Good Knowledge in Shell, Python and bash scripting
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as branching, merging, labeling and integration.
- Experience in building and deploying java applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation tools like, ANT, Maven.
- Good knowledge in managing the Nexus and Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Extensive experience in working with WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache web servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL and Oracle.
- Experienced in deploying Micro Services to App Servers and Database Changes to Oracle, db2, MSSQL and
- Experience on developing different web applications using Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate.
- Set up Build Infrastructure with Jenkins and Subversion server in AWS.
- Experienced in AWS and Azure Administration.
- Good knowledge on managing and integrating code Quality tools like SonarQube, manage sonar rules, Quality gates .
- Familiar with all major PaaS platforms such as Google App Engine, OpenShift, Cloud foundry, CloudBees, etc.
- Expertise in VMware vSphere, VCenter, VMotion and Cloud Director.
- Expertise in setting up SolarWinds NPM, APM and Nagios Monitoring Systems Administration
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Proven ability to learn and rapidly adapt to new challenges.
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
Amazon Web Services (AWS): IAM, VPC, EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, ELB, ALB, Route53, AMI, EBS,RDS, Cloud Formation, SQS, SNS,SMS, DMS.
Microsoft Azure Services: Azure cloud services, Azure DevOps, Azure storage, IIS, Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Storage, Azure, Azure VMs, SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Monitor, and Azure Service Bus .
Containerization: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS, ARS, ECR and Docker Trusted Registry (DTR).
Scripting: Bash, Shell, Python,Ruby and YAML
Configuration Management: Ansible and Chef
Build Automation / Test Automation: Jenkins, Azure DevOps and Bamboo.
Infrastructure Management: Terraform, Cloud formation, Vault, Consul.
Monitoring: Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, ELK, Cloud Watch, Prometheus and Grafana.
Version Control: Subversion,Git and Bitbucket .
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, MuleSoft, Blue Prism
Web Servers: Apache HTTPD, Nginx and HA-proxy.
Messaging Queue’s: IBM MQ
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Windows, MacOS
Confidential, Orlando, FL
DevOps/Cloud Automation Engineer
- Managed infrastructure using Terraform, Vault, Consulto provide a scalable, self-healing environment and deployment pipeline for various services
- Created recommendations on how to duplicate a subset of on-premise machines to the Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) offering which will be used for disaster recovery. This analysis included the specifics to synchronize on-premise data with SQL Server and SharePoint instances hosted in VMs
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on creating custom Azure templates for quick deployments and advanced PowerShell scripting. Deployed Azure SQL DB with GEO Replication, Azure SQL DB Sync to standby database in another region & Fail over configuration.
- Worked on Serverless services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the VisualStudioTeamServices (VSTS) also called as AzureDevOpsServices.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins (TFS Plugin installed), TeamFoundationServer (TFS), GitHub and Azure Container Service, whenever a new TFS/GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure AzureWebRoles, WorkerRoles, VMRole, Azure
- Written Templates for AzureInfrastructureascode using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated AzureLogAnalytics with AzureVMs for monitoring the logfiles, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers
- Containerized existing applications by writing docker files and building docker images from docker files.
- Worked on the cluster management and orchestration features embedded in the Docker Engine which are built using Swarm and worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle.
- Operating as DevOps engineer responsible for Implementing, building/deploying/operating Azure cloud & Kubernetes environment. Migrating application and Configuring Operators on Kubernetes applications with all its components, such as Deployments, Etcd, Kube-api, Config Maps, Secrets, Services, etc.
- Responsible Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration, Kubernetes charts development using Helm.
- Auditing, Implementation, Support &Management of Prometheus, CloudWatch, Grafana and alert manager for improved monitoring and created several dashboards to provide insight into application performance and stability.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Altering the existing Maven scripts based on the requirement and writing new build.xml files for the new modules.
- Created Jenkins pipelines several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies
- Implemented CI/ CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and SVN by virtualizing the servers using Docker for all the environments by achieving needs through configuring automation using Containerization.
- Installed and configured Hashicorp consul and vault. Integrated vault with terraform to store secrets/passwords while provisioning the infrastructure in cloud environment.
- Integrated Hashicorp consul with Jenkins to replace the property values in the scripts from key/value store.
- Integrated Kubernetes with Hashicorp Vault to inject configurations at runtime for each service using init, config and persistent volume sharing between app and config containers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plugins for Jira bug/issuetracker integrated Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Automated the installation and configurations of middleware components using Ansible scripts.
- Design, Integrate and support the Middleware Technology products JBoss EAP, WildFly, IBM WebSphere,Tomcat Application servers and Apache Web servers as per best practices and according to the application needs.
- Installed, configured, Deployed and administered middleware products such as
- Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic server, Oracle SOA suite 11g/12c, IBM Mq server and MuleSoft
- Installed and configured Blue Prism for Robotic Process Automation(RPA) project.
- Installed MuleSoft and configured it to talk to Any point Studio
- Creating, versioning &testing ofScripts and Ansible Playbooks.
- Automated the installation and configuration of various tools.
- Installed and renewed SSL certificates for Web/App servers.
- Created SSL Certs Configured in HTTP Server and WebSphere Application Server v7.0
- Work on project documentation and documented other application related issues and bugs.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented ANSIBLE configuration management system
- Expertise in writing playbooks for ANSIBLE and deploying applications using ANSIBLE
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (ANSIBLE)
- Automated the process of Apache, Tomcat, Mule and JBoss web server’s installation, configuration using ANSIBLE
- Configured and administered server system Apache, Tomcat, Mule & deploy patches, user management on application servers using ANSIBLE
- Work on project documentation and documented other application related issues and bugs.
- Accountable for the integration/maintenance/development of application and server monitoring tools (for DevOps) - Nagios, Prometheus, Kibana, Datadog.
- Monitor applications and environment by managing the installation/configuration of Splunk and ELK.
- Provided production support based on the on-call rotation schedule
- Troubleshooting the issues and providing root cause analysis
Environment : Azure, Azure DevOps, Subversion, Bitbucket, Terraform, Vault, Consul, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, MY SQL,Ha-proxy,Tomcat,Splunk,Nagios, Grafana, Alert Manager Ruby, Bash, Python, Groovy, Shell .
Confidential, Boston, MA
DevOps/Cloud Automation Engineer
- Involved in various migration patterns like re-Host, Re-platform and refactor
- AWS cloud migration: develop & deploy Terraform templates to configure components including VPCs, EC2, RDS, Public/Private subnets, NAT, security groups, Route53, ELB, auto scaling and IAM roles.
- Created and Managed automation framework for migration of servers and applications to Cloud Platform
- Installed and configured various migration tools like AWS SERVER MIGRATION SERVICE, ATA DATA, CLOUDENDURE, AWS DATABASE MIGRATION SERVICE and migrated vm’sfrom VMware to AWS.
- Leveraged automaton framework and work on migration projects in the Migration Operations Center
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services VPC, ELB, IAM, RDS, IGW, Security Groups, NACL, Direct Connect and VPC peering
- Implemented Backup & Recovery, S3 life cycle management, reduced costs by creating Customized Alarms. Managed Billing across several AWS accounts and reduced costs by effectively utilizing the resources
- Automated 30-40 tasks as apart of migration factory by integrating Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Vault and consul to migrate on premise datacenter to AWS cloud
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS CloudWatch, VPC Flow Logs, CloudTrail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Provisioned and maintained stand-alone Kubernetes clusters to test out various aspect of the micro-services offerings.
- Provided leadership in DevOps culture and practices. Implemented improved monitoring using Datadog, and created several dashboards to provide insight into application performance and stability
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files, Building Docker Images and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed /configured Kubernetes.
- Deployed, operated and wrote operators for company-wide Kubernetes platform adoption initiative.
- Developed and shared best practices for Kubernetes deployment and operation.
- Develop Chef Recipes,Scripts (Shell,Python,Ruby) automation tools and Builds, for an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Build/configure and maintain automation tools like Jenkins, Git, chef,Terraform for CI/CD pipelines. while supporting software development and release processes. Design and build tools for testing, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Installed and configured Hashicorp Vault and Consul cluster to store the secrets and key value pairs for all the infrastructure and application servers/database configurations.
- Used Hashicorp consul for service discovery and monitoring health checks as well as provisioning static and dynamic infrastructure.
- Improved infrastructure provisioning with Terraform to increase agility and consistency across development and operations teams.
- Deployed all the Network stack VPC’s Subnets, Security Groups, Internet Gateways using Terraform.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform and CloudFormation to buildvarious environments.
- Created Terraform scripts to launch the platform common services which includes IAM roles, CI/CD tool JENKINS, Configure Management tool Chef, Secrets management tool Vault, service discovery tool Consul and Security Appliance tool TrendMicro on AWS premises.
- Involved in migration of databases from on premise to AWS RDS, Migrated the MySQL and MsSQL database servers using Database migration service in AWS
- Provide DevOps support to software engineering and IT operations teams.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Runbooks creation and maintenance for troubleshooting.
- Automated lot of manual tasks by integrating ChefwithTerraform.
Environment: AWS,Docker,Kubernetes, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Consul, Vault, ELK, CloudWatch, Nagios,Prometheus, Grafana, Java/J2EE, Shell,Python,Ruby, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, MY SQL.
Confidential, Austin, TX
DevOps / Linux Administrator
- Perform multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS, NAS, and VERITAS volume manager.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgradation and administration of Windows, Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux and HP-UX.
- Windows 2000 server Installation, Administration & Maintenance.
- User account management, managing passwords setting up quotas and support.
- Worked on Linux Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Managing file systems and disk management using Solstice Disksuite.
- Worked on Microsoft Exchange server 2000 for configuring Mail server.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.
- Responsible for reviewing all open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets.
- Document solutions for any issues that have not been discovered previously.
- AWS Provisioning, CI/CD, Automation Development Focused Role
- Designed and created all AWS Cloud Architecture in Multi-Region VPC (w/ VPC Peering), EC2, Security Groups, S3 Buckets, VPNs, Subnets, Network ACLs, etc.
- Heavy Linux Administration and Ruby/Python/Bash/Groovy
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing infrastructure to cloud and bootstrapped chef client nodes for provision and on experience with rubyWorked with lead developers and verified Scalability and Failover for AWS Cloud Environment
- Wrote Ansible playbooks & chef cookbooks to migrate dozens of apps to three environments.
- Coordinated tasks between developers, administrators and operators.
- Further the automation of the continuous integration infrastructure to enable developers to better automatically test their code
- Built and automated release pipelines and regression tests using Jenkins CI and Bash scripts.
Environment: AWS, SVN, Shell, Python, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, HTML, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira.