- Over 7+ years of overall experience in IT industry comprising Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, Automation, Deployment. Extensive experience in SCM, DevOps, Azure, GCP, AWS, Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Managed Azure environment for provisioning of Linux servers and services executed by the providers.
- Expertise in utilizing entire AWS stack including (EC2,ECS, ELB, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, OpsWork, Security Groups) focusing on fault tolerance, high availability, and auto - scaling.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile Scrum operations and tools area (Build & Release Automation, Environment service).
- Migrating On-premise production infrastructure into Amazon Web Services utilizing Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, EBS and OpsWork.
- Experience on Cloud innovations including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service supplier (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Experience in integrating Cloud Bees Jenkins Enterprise with Docker container using Docker Enterprise, Kubernetes pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Proficient experience on DevOps essential tools like GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools like Jenkins for automated builds and to build and implement the end to end automation process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Worked on SCM tools like GIT for Tagging, Branching and Merging to maintain the version on Linux platform and used GIT to keep track of all changes in code.
- Used build tools like Maven for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS instances and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Source code management is performed using GIT from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker to create images.
- Experience in implementing the Docker for wrapping up final code by building Docker images, setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Container Network.
- Experienced in using Bash, Python, Shell scripting on Linux.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack and PCF.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity.
Continuous Deployment Tools: Docker, Kubernetes Clusters.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
Source Control Management Tools: GIT, Bitbucket and SVN.
Build Tools: Maven, ANT and Gradle.
Tracking Tools: JIRA and Orange Scrum.
Web Servers and Application: Apache, Nginx, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and WebLogic.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix and MAC OS.
Scripting languages: Shell, Python, SQL, XML, HTML, CSS3, Ruby, JSON and YAML.
- Worked on Azure ExpressRoute to establish connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter. Working knowledge on Azure Fabric, Micro services, Lot & Docker containers in Azure.
- Deployed ASP.NET web Application in Azure using Web App service, connected it to Azure SQL Database and used VSTS to provide CI/CD pipeline.
- Configured continuous integration from Source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Involved in combining all Release pipelines into Single Release pipeline. We used AZURE DevOps, VSTS & PCF.
- Managing keys by creating the keys and attaching them to library & Variable Groups with the help of Key Vault.
- Maintain storing certificates and secrets for Azure APIM and Azure Application Gateway
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and maintained Docker files in source code repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes
- Implemented continuous deployment using Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and CloudBees Jenkins to support application suite deployment into staging environment.
- Using Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers within multiple namespaces.
- Developed CI/CD system with CloudBees Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy. Used Grafana for Dashboards and visualization of Kubernetes Cluster.
- Contributed in developing both External and Internal Websites using ASP.NET Web forms, ASP.NET MVC, and AngularJS
- Configured various jobs in CloudBees Jenkins for deployment of Python/Java based applications and performed static code analysis using Sonarqube.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on Ansible modules to deploy Docker services on the Docker cluster for the entire microservices stack.
- Manage re-architecture of Jenkins and integration with Confluence for release management and documentation assets. Re architect a Maven based system reducing build times.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and on Git Hub.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in using Angular js, ability to test views and able to do end to end unit testing. Also, using continuous integration.
- Designed and developed Application load tests identified application performance bottlenecks and SLA server monitoring. Used New Relic and LoadRunner.
- Developed KORN, BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
Environment: VMWARE, SGI Servers, SQL, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT, Azure, Google Web Services, Tomcat, JBOSS, JIRA.
Confidential, El Paso, TX
- Worked with various services of AWS: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloud Front, SNS, RDS, IAM, Cloud Watch and Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, CloudTrail.
- Created scripts in Python (Boto) which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Created alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage and have insight in the monitoring tool namely, Nagios.
- Implemented & maintained monitoring & alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch.
- Responsible to Manage IAM Policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Utilized AWS Lambda platform to upload data into AWS S3 buckets and to trigger other Lambda functions.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 /Elastic Loadbalancer for Elasticsearch Involving in cloud automation with configuration management system Ansible
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Ansible, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools.
- Managing existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure using Ansible as Configuration Management Tool
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via Ansible Playbooks.
- Developed builds and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools.
- Authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sona-type NEXUS repository
- For any kind of commit /push had done in the current projects by the various developers and data engineers, Created Jobs in Jenkins by scheduling jobs using Webhooks.
- Wrote Jenkins Pipelining scripts for automation.
- Used Terraforms to launch EC2 instances by writing a configuration file and also destroy them if not required
- Converted all CloudFormation template to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Docker consoles for maintaining the application of life cycle.
- Managing the OpenShift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Used & Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Worked on Docker container to create Docker images for different environments.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with Ansible automation.
- Managing and operationalizing Continuous Delivery pipeline applications/tools and infrastructure. Such as Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, SonarQube.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration.
- Work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers in an Agile team environment.
Environment: Python, OpenShift SQL, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT, Google Web Services, Subversion, Shell Scripting, JBOSS, JIRA.
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple application utilizing AWS stack and implemented AWS solutions like EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Elastic Load Balance (ELB), Security Group, Auto Scaling.
- User management including IAM level (AWS Console level) by creating roles to allow the multiple users to switch roles and editing trust relationship to allow switch from main account to other account and at AWS instance level as well.
- Upgraded Jenkins & deploy Tomcat 7 on the existing applications.
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, and Hudson. Responsible for User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to JBoss Application Server.
- Modified Ant scripts to build the JAR's, class files, WAR files and EAR files.
- Managed code between the users using GIT.
- Managed labeling, branching strategies in Git/GitHub with best practices in addition to resolving conflicts with regards to merging and editing files in the repository.
- Created Puppet manifests for Configuration Management to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Bases, Users, Mount Points, packages.
- Automated various administrative tasks by creating modules and manifests on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet.
- Created Puppet manifests for configuring Apache, Tomcat and Ngnix for Tomcat based applications.
- Developed Puppet to configure Tomcat, apache.
- Developed and deploy releases using Maven Hub and Puppet.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Maintained and upgraded Jira issue tracker, Crucible code review tool.
- Verified and implemented methods used to create and recreate software builds by making them reliable and reusable.
- Troubleshooting problems with regards to issues faced by system users and developers’ team.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, Git/GitHub, Puppet, Nagios, ANT, Jira, Java/J2EE, Web logic Application Server, Puppet, SVN/Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked with Chef servers and management application that can use Service Now data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, and used Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, for managing the configurations across various nodes.
- Written Chef cookbooks to automate the installation and configuration of Docker VM’s, Jenkins master and slave setup using swarm Jenkins plugin on AWS VM’s.
- Used TeamCity Enterprise CI and distributed build that supports all of the environments to run the build, promotions and deployments, and Used Shell Scripts to automate the deployment process, and also uploading the code in GITHUB and generating build number using TeamCity.
- Performed SVN to Bitbucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security, repository control in Bitbucket.
- Created snippets that allow developers to share code segments and generated pulled requests for code review and comments using Bitbucket.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an Agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process using Maven and Automated Weekly releases with Maven Scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Installed and configured, managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios and used to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Worked on integrating Nagios with cloud watch as a monitoring solution, implementing monitoring tool as Nagios for analyzing and monitoring the network loads on the individual machines.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Maven, Nagios.
Confidential, Woodlawn, MD
- Developed Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, to monitor repositories developed Custom Scripts and Used for automating process and collecting reports for daily tasks.
- Extensive exposure to configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of Scripting using Bash.
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 based servers with Jumpstart and RedHat Linux EL 4.x based servers using Kickstart development, test, and production environments.
- Performed Web logic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment, maintaining security by installing and configuring SSH encryption to access on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux.
- Deploying the Redhat Linux enterprise server as like existing versions 5.x, 6.x versions.
- Creating the VM shell and pushing the operating system using the kickstart server.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting of any datacenter outages.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Used Puppet for Monitoring system and automation.
- Configured Red Hat Kick start for installing multiple production servers.
- Installed/Configured redhat Linux cluster 5x version & Configuring the cluster resources
- Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the filesystem in RHEL.
- Creation of Fence devices in the cluster, Creation Failover domains for the cluster and Flipover/ Failover test in between the nodes in the cluster
- Working on SAN storage on ESXI servers and assigning the LUNs to the Virtual Machines running on the ESXi server.
Environment: Java/J2ee, GIT, ANT Maven, Nexus, Tomcat, VMware, UNIX & Perl scripts, Jira, Shell scripts, Jenkins, Python, RHEL, CentOS & Ubuntu.