- AWS professional with 8+ years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments and Data centres.
- Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner, yet flexible to multitask when necessary.
- Designed, built and deployed a multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS (Including EC2, S3,Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch and IAM), focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with Cloud watch monitoring Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Created and maintained Highly Available and Fault Tolerant infrastructure in Amazon VPC using EC2
- Elastic load balancing and Auto scaling groups in AWS cloud. Created AWS Config stack in Cloud Formation that will monitor everything going in on AWS environment.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Experience in Azure Network Security Groups, Azure Operational Insight and OMS, Azure Premium Storage, Site Recovery, Network Virtual Appliance, Client-Side encryption for Azure storage objects.
- Planning and implementation of data and storage management solutions in Azure (SQL, Azure files, Queue storage, Blob storage).
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal, with the Azure CLI, also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and migration from traditional to cloud environment.
- Configured Ansible control machine and wrote Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on EC2 instances. Created Ansible Playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into Docker.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters. Hands on experience with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Experience in programming languages such as Java, .net, C, C++.Servers like Apache, Tomcat and strong in scripting languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Shell.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions. Strong and progressive experience in the server installation and administration of Red Hat Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, Oracle Enterprise Linux, VMware environment.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and Web Sphere Application servers for deployments.
Configuration Tools: dock, Chef, Puppet
Version Control: Git, Bitbucket, GitHub
Reporting & Ticketing Tools: Jira, Service Now, HPQC, Azure Devops, Bugzilla
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, IDERA, Nexus, SonarQube
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, U-Deploy, Azure Pipelines, Octopus, SMA
Containerization& Management: Docker, Kubernetes
Bug tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Hp Quality center, IBM ClearQuest
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x,7.x, SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows 2008,2012,2016, Sun Solaris 11, 10, 9, 8
Virtualization: VM care client, Virtual box, Power VM
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web logic, HTTPS, Red hat, WebSphere and JBoss
Database: Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL, Postgres, My SQL, AWS RDS, NoSQL
Languages: Bash/Shell, PowerShell Scripting, ruby, yaml, perl, Python, Korn Shell, HTML
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Open stack and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Designed and maintained application deployment AWS infrastructure utilizing services such as EC2, RDS, VPC and managed network and security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWS Ops Works (automate operations), Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Amazon Glacier, (storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch monitoring Management Gateway.
- Deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services, ELB, CloudFront Distribution, ECS, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, created stacks with single servers or joins web servers and loaded the big volume source files from AWS S3 to redshift with Talend Big Data tool.
- Written reusable Templates for provisioning AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Deployed applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL -RDS and establish connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups. And processed data streams in AWS kinesis using AWS Lambda
- Designed and Developed AWS Cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible and Jenkins for Continuous Integration with high availability and secure multi-zones and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with ANT and ANT Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed the EARs and WARs in TOMCAT Application server using ANT script as a CI/CD Process.
- Manages the back-end connection to Microsoft SQL as the data source using ADO .Net and write SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers to manage data.
- Launched QA/DEV/Demo/Pre-Prod environments using AWS. Configured OS, size, firewall, VPN, IP and added third party or custom applications. Ensured services were up and running.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on EKS setup in the AWS environment after migration for Datacenter to AWS cloud. Created lucid charts for Data Flow architecture from user to source they are trying to reach.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handled multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and Compose for various applications written in Node.js .
- Worked with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes . Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as pods .
- Written Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev services.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users, groups in TFS .
- Planning and design of ELK ( Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana ) and worked on search API server and client for querying Elastic Search.
- Monitored servers, switches, and ports using Nagios Monitoring tool and assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
Environment: AWS, Cloud Formation, SQS, SNS, Snowball, Lambda, VM Export/Import, AZURE, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), OpenStack, Node.js, Ansible, ELK, Nexus, Terraform, Docker, Linux, Jenkins, SonarQube, Git, GitHub, Python, Nagios, Splunk, PowerShell.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies, and routing. Also, I deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and subnet.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured GKE cluster orchestration with microservices application deployment in several nodes and pods, autoscaling, logging, and monitoring. Google app service for Java and python based microservice application deployment and updates.
- Involved in Creating, configuring, and managing a cluster of VMs that are preconfigured to run containerized applications using Azure container services and Worked with windows Azure, Cloud Services, Storage accounts, AZURE Traffic Manager and Created Azure PowerShell script for APIM backup and restore operations.
- Created Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services, and Config Maps and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files, and Helm packages and implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide automation, continuous integration & Continuous Deployment through Jenkins and wrote Playbooks to automate Ansible servers using YAML scripting. Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts, and services to Docker.
- Managed to Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git.
- Configured Bitbucket with Jenkins & automated the build process through SCM polling. Created post-commit & pre-push hooks using bash in Bitbucket repositories. Resolved merging issues during rebasing & re-integrating branches.
- Worked on testing, evaluation & troubleshooting of MongoDB & Cassandra NoSQL database systems & cluster configurations to ensure high availability in various crash scenarios.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GitHub, integrating with Jenkins, and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application into the Linux environment.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks by using YAML script to launch AWS instances and used to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages.
- Configured Jenkins jobs with the Gradle scripts for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications.
- Managed results in Jenkins Dashboard view using Plugin Dashboard View and also added Sonar Dashboard view into Jenkins .
- Extended the generic process by attaching the Jenkins job webhook to all the current Java and Scala-based projects in GitHub .
- Deployed new Splunk systems and Monitor Splunk internal logs from the monitoring Console (MC) to identify and troubleshoot existing or potential issues.
- Developed the Java based Web Service API's for the application Symantec Workspace Streaming ( SWS ).
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT, Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed and deployed multiple routes by using Red Hat JBOSS Fuse ESB and related Open Source technologies (Active MQ, Apache ).
- Extracted the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and loaded data into Cassandra .
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6.X, 7.X, Windows, AWS Services, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Docker Hub, Kubernetes, Jfrog, Nagios, Splunk, Python, Shell, VMware, Java, GIT, Apache Webserver, JBoss.
DevOps Engineer/AWS Cloud Engineer
- Worked on AWS Lambda functions in Python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Installed and maintained the AWS compute services like EC2, EC2 container services Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for securing the code.
- Launched EC2 instances with various AMI's and Integrated EC2 instances with various AWS tools by using IAM roles. Created Images of critical EC2 instances and used those images to spin up a new instance in different AZ's .
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into AmazonEC2 instances.
- Installed and Configured Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers and nodes . Written several Recipes, Cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby Script to install and configure Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script and setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef and Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Implemented CI/CD process using TeamCity for development team, allowing for dozens of code updates per hour with zero downtime.
- Contributed to CI automation by improving Python framework to grab test reporting data from Jenkins Builds and summarize that information as a comment on Bit Bucket Pull Requests.
- Documented release metrics, software configuration process. Used Maven scripts to build the source code. Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Integrated Maven with shell scripts created in bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Monitoring the health of production servers using Nagios setup and built Nagios monitors for new services being deployed.
- Developed Nagios Plug-in scripts, various reports and projects plans in the support of initiatives to assist in maintaining Nagios distributed system monitoring and management via several data extrapolating applications.
- Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purposes like backing up disk groups, archive logging, Rest API calls, OS Patching, DB Patching etc.
- Designed and developed a configuration management database ( CMDB ) using Python and MySQL to maintain and audit the everyday configuration changes.
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell and Python Scripting.
Environment: AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Chef, Ruby Script, Python Script, Team City, Bit Bucket, Maven, Nagios, Linux, Windows, MySQL, Power Shell.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in projects that move to production and work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sona type NEXUS repository.
- Implemented automation of Builds and Release management using Jenkins to achieve CI/CD in a project.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, Git commit version used by Jenkins builds etc.
- Solid experience in developing and deploying the applications on Tomcat Apache servers and maintaining Load balancing, High availability, and Failover .
- Written Bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers and prepared Ruby codes, programming of web applications and testing services on daily basis.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments
- Creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, for Java and .Net web applications.
- Worked on JIRA for tracking and updating the JIRA tickets and per assigned and Maintained JIRA Administration/User documentation in Confluence.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus .
- Managing permission for files and directories with chmod and managing different kind of services like DHCP, FTP, NFS, Apache Web Server.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
Environment : ANT, Subversion, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, NEXUS, Oracle, DB2 MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE, Ruby, Shell, Windows, Linux