- Experience in working with Azure web applications, Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, Azure search, Azure DNS, Azure VPN Gateway, and Notification Hub.
- Experience in designing, configuring, and deploying solutions on Microsoft Azure using ARM Templates.
- Hands - on experience in designing, configuring, and managing public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Auto Scaling, EC2 Instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in writing Terraform templates to maintain and manage various cloud infrastructure like AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Experience in designing Terraform templates and deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks, compute Engines in public and private subnets along with autoscaling in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Expertise in creating Kubernetes cluster with Terraform templates and deploy them in different cloud environments and monitoring the health of pods using Helm Charts.
- Expertise in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Worked on automating the Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Experience in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Images and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our application’s platform to be consistent when they are moved into different environments.
- Experience in the orchestration of Docker Images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node configuration. Installed Gluster FS on-top of Kubernetes for dynamic PVC provisioning.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and version the Cloud Infrastructure also in designing, automating, and implementing Amazon machine images across the Cloud environment.
- Experience in building out Server Automation and Maintenance of Chef servers by Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles, environments, Chef Automate, Chef Compliance
- Hands-on experience in configuring the Ansible control machines, Ansible Playbooks, roles, modules and used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks.
- Experience in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git, GitLab, Bitbucket and TFS on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Deployment pipeline for the automatic deployment of artifact applications to the servers or environments in Jenkins CI and maintained plugins, webhooks, SSH keys and controlling access to Jenkins server through matrix-based security option.
- Experience in authoring pom.xml, build.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience in using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK (Elasticsearch, Log Stash, and Kibana) to monitor the logs information and to get the health & security notifications of nodes. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Hands on experience in writing Python, PowerShell, YAML, JSON, Shell Scripting, Bash to automate the deployments.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Managing the RDBMS and NOSQL tools such as MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Couchbase, Aurora DB.
- Expertise in deploying and configuring JIRA on both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration and tool-chain automation
- Experience in all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) with focus on the build and release of the quality software, in-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Waterfall model and Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban).
- Hands on experience in handling services and applications like DHCP, DNS bind, SSH, SSL, JVM, Apache, Load balancing HA proxy on Linux machines.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Container Tools: Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes
VersionControl/Configuration Management Tools: GIT, GITHUB, SVN, Bitbucket, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Web/Application Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere Web Logic
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Dynatrace.
Ticketing Tools: SonarQube, Jira, ServiceNow, Junit, JMeter
CI & Build Tools: Bamboo, CircleCI, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle
Database: My SQL, Oracle, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra.
Repository Management: Nexus, Jfrog
Operating System: Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Fedora, CentOS, Windows 10, Solaris
Networking/protocol: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP, SMTP, DHCP, OSPF, UDP, and RIP.
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Worked with AWS services using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto-scaling groups, EC2 instances with optimized volumes and achieved cloud automation and deployments using ansible, python, and Terraform templates.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Created AWS RDS, Aurora DB cluster and connected to the database through an Aurora DB instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Worked with AWS CLI and AWS SDK to manage resources on AWS and created python script using API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Designed the data models to use in AWS Lambda applications which are aimed to do complex analysis creating analytical reports for end-to-end traceability and definition of Key Business elements from Aurora.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deployed via Terraform scripts.
- Involved in various aspects and phases of architecting, designing, and implementing solutions in IT infrastructure with an emphasis on Azure and AWS cloud.
- Made use of Azure Active Directory for enabling a large number of policies like access policies, security policies, policies based on the cloud-based machines.
- Created Azure Automation Asset Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configured ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using AD Connect.
- Configured continuous integration from source control, setting up build definition within Azure DevOps and configured continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET Model-View-Controller (MVC) applications to Azure web apps.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), AZURE Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, USQLS, Storage, Network services, Data Factory, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Managed Clusters with various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource Groups and Monitored via remotely run scripts Azure Data Factory and Blobs.
- Built, implemented and maintained the Infrastructure as code using ARM templates and used it to create infrastructure in Azure and maintained using Ansible and implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Created Terraform templates for provisioning Azure virtual networks, subnets, VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used terraform graph to visualize execution plan using the graph command.
- Configured Kubernetes provider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported by Kubernetes to create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler, etc.
- Deployed microservices based applications on Azure Kubernetes by using AKS, Ingress API Gateway, MySQL databases and Cosmo DB for stateless storage of external data, and setup reverse proxy Nginx servers.
- Managed Kubernetes using Helm charts. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins, using custom Docker Images, and pulled them to ECR and monitored using Prometheus
- Implemented Jenkins and built pipelines to drive all microservice builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Supported Data analytics team with docker by integrating with cloud, created custom Docker Images, and built various containers integrating Docker engine and Docker Management Platform, to deploy the code-services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Experience in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple applications by Docker Compose and used to Docker Weave NET for communication between the Containers.
- Configured Jenkins server and built jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development by integrating Jenkins, Git, Maven, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Implemented Chef recipes to set up the Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins, SonarQube, infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven.
- Deployed & configured Chef server & Chef solo including bootstrapping of client nodes for provisioning, Managed & configured hundreds of servers using Chef. Written several Chef Cookbooks & Recipes with Ruby scripting to automate the installation of WebLogic domain & JDK & customized Recipes from Chef Supermarket to align.
- Involved in integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, and worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments, and using chef handlers for different auto Kickoff Requirement Jobs.
- Installed Chef Server on the workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife and involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Replaced Splunk logging and analytics with an automated ELK cluster, increasing data capture capacity and reducing costs.
- Designed an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts. Installed, configured, and managed the ELK Stack for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search. Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Wrote Python scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Created and wrote shell scripts Bash and PowerShell for automating tasks.
Environment: Git, Maven, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, AWS, AZURE, PowerShell, Python, Nexus, ELK, Splunk, Nginx, Jira, Maven, Aurora DB, Terraform, ARM
GCP DevOps Engineer
- Worked on optimizing infrastructure operations of Google Cloud Platform by designing target state architectures for the next generation of GCP infrastructure, leveraging the latest services and innovations from GCP Work closely with GCP Platform Engineer to incorporate solutions into custom designed cloud-based applications.
- Worked on the migration of mobile application from on-premises to GCP by making the chunk of code into microservices using Google cloud SDK Shell.
- Configured, supported, and maintained all network firewall, storage, load balancer, operating systems, and software in Google Compute Engine Instances.
- Configured Cloud Storage versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Cloud File store which was fully managed by Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Designed Google Deployment Manager templates to create custom sized VPC, setting up firewall rules to ensure successful deployment of Web based applications and database templates.
- Managed Google infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Worked on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Ansible. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using Deployment Manager Templates in Google.
- Worked on Setting up a GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created Terraform templates for provisioning virtual networks, subnets, VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used Terraform graph to visualize execution plan using the graph command.
- Managed Kubernetes using Helm charts. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker Images to the JFrog Repository.
- Implemented Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing. Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, and managing containers .
- Implemented Jenkins and built pipelines to drive all microservice builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Involved in CI/CD process using Git, Jfrog, Jenkins job creation, Maven build and create Docker image and use the docker image to deploy in Gcloud clusters.
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks for setup and configuration of tools including Jenkins and Artifactory on remote servers using REST API protocol and created playbooks for deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for scheduling playbooks and used Bitbucket repository to store playbooks and updated multiple manifests and customized facts.
- Worked with Ansible for Orchestration of deployments for various servers and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, also involved in managing existing Tomcat Webservers and automated the configuration of new servers.
- Automated configuration of infrastructure and deployment of web applications on webservers Apache/httpd and Java on application servers like Tomcat by using Ansible playbooks.
- Configured Nagios to monitor critical IT infrastructure components including system metrics, network protocols, applications, servers, services, and network infrastructure.
- Monitored servers using Nagios, Dynatrace also used Net scalar and Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling flow of Traffic.
- Implemented REST services by Golang with microservices architecture and developed new RESTful API services that work as middleware between applications and third-party APIs using Golang.
- Designed configurable REST APIs on demand using Golang and worked on numerous go frameworks like gin and revel.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Written Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous integration and build workflows and used Jenkins for uploading Artifacts into JFrog Repository.
Environment: Linux, Git, Maven, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, GCP, Golang, webservers Apache/httpd and Tomcat, Nagios, Jira, Bitbucket
- Configured AWS Cloud Formation templates to deploy complete stack in multiple accounts.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used multiple EC2 instances at the same time and provided highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, & created AMIs using packer for mission-critical production server’s backup.
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instances.
- Managed version control tools like GIT enterprise and automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and configured the components from GitHub into Jenkins server. Responsible for automated scheduled build/emergency build and release using Maven scripts for enterprise application (J2EE).
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline . Integrated Maven , Nexus , Jenkins , Git , Confluence and JIRA .
- Written and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database.
- Configuring, maintaining network and troubleshooting such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP and SNMP.
- Provisioning and Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Implemented Docker-maven-plugin and Maven POM to build Docker Images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker Images from the java jar files.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and act on important events and stayed up to date with the updates of the project. Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker .
- Worked on Nginx webserver and maintained access logs, error logs and maintained different vhosts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked on Release management, Environment Management, Continuous deployments, Continuous integration.
- Provided support for more than 5 different applications for Configuration Management and build, designed and deployed for production and lower environments.
- Used ANT build tool for deploying scripts and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Installed and administered repository to deploy the artifacts generated by ANT and to store the dependent jars, which were used during the build.
- Used Nexus repository manager to share the artifacts by configuring the repository manager.
- Worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in continuous integration process and automated the whole process implementing a CI/CD using Jenkins.