- 8+ years of extensive experience in the IT industry in DevOps, JBoss, WebLogic, and Tomcat Administration, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Maintenance on WebLogic Servers.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Deployment and Troubleshooting of JBoss 4.x/5.x/6.0/7.x, BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c and Tomcat 5.x/6.x/7.
- Azure Cloud and DevOps consultant with concentrations on Azure IAAS / PAAS and SAAS.
- Automated and manually building artifacts and JVM deployments using Jenkins 1.596.2 on JDK 1.7.
- Deployed Clustered Environments on (Single and Multi Box) using different application server for vertical and horizontal clustering.
- Performed software installations, upgrades/patches, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX servers.
- Automated execution of cucumber test scripts and html generation.
- Experience in Administering Apache 2.x, iplanet 6.x, Sun ONE 6.1/7.0.
- Experienced with CI/CD process with AzureDevOps build and release pipelines.
- Experience with Bea WebLogic Portal server administration, configuration and deployment.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Hudson, Bamboo and Sonatype Nexus.
- Highly skilled at supporting web and application servers (Apache, Nginx, NodeJS, JBoss,Tomcat)and Hands - on experience with installing and managing MySQL and Amazon web servers.
- Experienced with automation tools like Terraform, Cloudformation and ARM templates.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experience in writing basic modules for Puppet and good understanding analyzing manifests.
- Strong experience Redhat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) images.
- Performed J2EE application deployment and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files.
- Experience in Implementation and administration of Aqua Logic Service Bus (ALSB) on UNIX based platform.
- Worked on IBM Informix for database management & have experience with and RemedyForce for mangement and processing data.
- Deploying J2EE Application archives (JAR, WAR, EAR and RAR) and Web-Based/E-Commerce on Web Logic Application Server and JBOSS 4.x/5/6.x/7.x.
- Experienced with different Infra deployment options with VSTS package management system and Azure
- Configured and administered JDBC connection pools.
- Varied experience in Clustering (both horizontal and vertical), Workload management, creation and maintenance of Domains, Nodes and Managed Servers instances in a BEA Weblogic environment.
- Installed and configured SunOne and Apache Web Servers in various environments.
- Deployed applications on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Knowledge of Designing Chef automation solutions for middleware servers
- Hand full of Experience in Jenkins NANT, TFS, PowerShell, VMware
- Experienced in applying patches and plug-ins for Weblogic Application Server.
- Extensive experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes, using the Optimize IT and JProbe.
- Working knowledge of JBOSS 4.x/5 and exposure to distributed queuing architectures.
- Extensive experience in configuring and managing secured environments using SSL and digital certificates.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ Series, Siteminder.
- Good working experience in server side java programming using J2EE technologies - Servlets, Applets, JSP 1.x, JDBC, RMI, JNDI, EJB.
- Good working knowledge on Oracle Enterprise Linux OS environments.
- Experience in ticketing tools like HP PPMC and Production monitoring tools like HP M360, Oracle EM and http analyzer tools.
- Good understanding of load balancing using F5, Site minder and DNS.
DevOps: SCM, Git, GRUNT, SonalQube, Bitbucket, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Salt-Stack, Hudson, Jenkins, Docker, Agile, Jira, Nagios
Operating Systems: Solaris, Red Hat LINUX, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, Visual Basic, SQL, PL-SQL
Application Server: BEA WebLogic 6.1 (sp3, sp6), 7 (sp4 - sp6), 8.1 (sp3 - sp6), 9.2MP2 & 10.0/10.3, Apache Tomcat 6.x, JBOSS 4.x/5/6.x/7.x.
Web Server: Apache 2.x, Sun ONE 6.x, IBM-HTTP Server, AWS.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB, Applets and swing components, AWT.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX.
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), Perl Scripting
Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, 11g, MS SQL Server 7.x/2000, Sybase, Pointbase, My SQL, MS Access and DB2.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Working on projects to improve our infrastructure and automation process. Our goal to reach is a fully automated deployment schedule.
- Designed and built data collection system using AWS server less architecture with Kinesis and Lambda to handle realtime processing of numerous events daily.
- Performing system monitoring, troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis for applications in production using Nagios, Newrelic, Kebana and Cloud Watch.
- Involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Experience with terraform to manage infrastructure on AWS cloud platforms. Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Handling product releases through single click deployments using Git and Jenkins and reducing the time for provisioning by around 80% and goal is to reach reach 100%.
- Writing scripts for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Bash & Perl scripts for automating the administrative tasks and management.
- To coordinate with application development team to Build and Deploy of artifacts and new versions of code in Java virtual machines and linux servers using Jenkins and GOCD to production and preview environment.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks. Worked with product teams to improve documentation of Ansible development environments. Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Expertise in creating Docker containers and building Docker images and pushed those images to Docker registry.Experience in deploying and maintaining Micro services using Docker .
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing teams and their pipelines. Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- All infrastructure components for different environments (Dev/Test/Prod) are provisioned via Terraform scripts, CloudFormation with no manual intervention in AWS.
- Maintaining docker containers and AWS ECS and EKS involving Monitoring and replacing failed containers, Deploying new versions of your containers, Scaling the number of containers based on load
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing the whole process. Built servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private cloud.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to securely manage AWS users & groups, and use policies & roles to allow or deny access to AWS resources. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation and provide access to the company based internal applications.
- Participate in Document, knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain
Environment: Docker, Ansible, AWS, Chef 14.x, Redhat 6.x/5.x, VMware, VSphere, vMotion, Windows IIS, Mcollective, Oracle DB, AWS EC2, ANT, DNS, S3, SCM, AWS, Jenkins, Rundeck, GitHub, SVN, Puppet 6.x.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Systems Engineer - Middleware/DevOps
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Configured Node Manager for running managed servers
- Worked with the management team on Puppet
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgraded WebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Updated JDK’s and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Using applications Hadoop, IBM Informix, IBM WebSphere, RemedyForce, Integration Bus and other middleware technologies
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Create, manage SQL Server AZURE Databases
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used Devops, Ansible Puppet and Gerrit
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft AZURE and part of DEVOPS Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Using Python Scripting in DevOps users to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to database.
- Major duties were to plan, develop and assist the migration of client's on-premise infrastructure to Microsoft Cloud (Azure Experience in writing power shell script to do patching, imaging and deployments in Azure.
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used NagiOS to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & Jira.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Used ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Handled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Used OIM for access management, directory services, decision making and strengthening security
- Develop and run UNIX shell scripts and implemented auto deployment process.
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Set up Wily for monitoring, notification, root cause analysis and data reporting
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation.
- Used Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Used HP OpenView for managing applications, network conditions and status across the platform
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well organized planning in data center migration using TDS
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, AWS, DevOps, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Azure,Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML,MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Installed, configured and maintained various middleware J2EE engines, Weblogic 11g on Solaris 10, Linux servers and test external and internal web hosting environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle Weblogic suite 11g as part of Oracle fusion technologies.
- Used Korn Shell. Scripting was used to monitor the system environment.
- Involved in various Weblogic upgrades and migrations, Weblogic 8.1x to 10.x within the enterprise.
- Set up Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communication between web servers Apache Tomcat and WebLogic Application Server.
- Administered Apache Tomcat 5.5 and WebLogic server involving 20+ Java Applications
- Worked closely to configure the Big IP F5 Load Balancer
- Worked closely with multiple support teams such as the QA testing team for performance/ load/ stress testing of applications and monitoring/tuning the application parameters and acted as a single point of contact with third party vendors for errors and bug fixes within the product.
- Automated the Deployment process of various WAR, JAR, and EAR applications in clustered environment using ANT scripts.
- Used WLST to get run-time parameters. Generated and analyzed Heap dump and Thread dump. Monitored WebLogic performance using Wiley Interscope.
- Troubleshoot production environment problems and participate in the team’s 24/7 on call support rotation. Expert in solving environment problems which includes Network issues, Database issues, application code, etc.
- Monitoring of WebLogic resources (WAR, EAR, JMS, JDBC) using tools such as wily introscope and JProbe.
- Good experience with Change Control processes to make updates in prod/DR environments.
- TOAD was used for viewing the Oracle Dictionary, tables, indexes and stored procedures.
- Installed BEA patches using SmartUpdate tool, and troubleshooting application and post-installation issues.
- Installed and Configured apache, iPlanet and IIS Plug-ins for WebLogic.
- Design, Configuration and Testing of IBM MQ 6.0 Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Dealt with troubleshooting of issues like Out of Memory (OOM), High CPU Utilization and Server Hang.
Environment: Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Windows 2003, Solaris 10, Apache 2.x, JDK 1.4/1.6, IIS 6.0, TOAD, J2EE, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, XML, iPlanet 7, SiteMinder 6.0, OpenSSL, Eclipse, Wily introscope, JProbe and CVS.
Systems Engineer - Weblogic
- Installed, configured and administered Oracle/BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/10.0/10.3 in various environments like Development, QA, and Production on Solaris, Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Installed and Configured JBoss Application Server 4.3 GA on Red Hat Linux 5.5.
- Installing Apache Http Server, configuring apache plug in for Weblogic and hosting application using virtual host features in apache.
- Responsible for creating Weblogic domains in Development, QA, Production from scratch.
- Performed process automation via scripting (Perl, shell scripts)
- Involved in migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x.
- Deployed different types of applications like WAR, JAR and EAR files in Weblogic 8.x/10.x and JBoss 4.3.
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.x/10.x.
- Created and Configured WebLogic JMS Servers, JMS Modules and Bridge to provide interoperability between WebLogic JMS and IBM MQ Series.
- Configured and administered Weblogic server with Oracle10g/Oracle RAC database.
- Developed Startup, Shutdown and Bounce scripts using WLST.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts that automate the WebLogic Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.)
- Developed scripts to monitor JVM Heap Size, JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Server hang, Application Deadlock, Out of Memory Issue, High memory usage and High CPU.
- Provided support for production environments in activities such as load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Configured and managed secured environments using SSL and Digital certificates.
- Installed and Configured Ldap Server and integrated with Weblogic Application Server.
- Worked on Configuring channel secure CA/Netegrity Siteminder with webservers and Weblogic Applications.
- Upgraded all Production and Non Production systems to WebLogic 10.3.3(11g) from WebLogic 8.1 SP2 successfully and installed DST patches.
- Developed Crontab scripts for timely running jobs and provide server status.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Administrative documentation for Installation/Configuration Procedures for future use.
- Log files analysis such as WebLogic server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs, thread dumps, verbosegc logs for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Maintained documentation of systems configuration, procedures and practices.
- Using Remedy as the trouble ticket and change management tool.
- Worked on coordinating teamwork with the offshore application teams and Operation teams.
- Worked as a Level2/Leve3 Escalation point for any issues regarding with Weblogic for a Very High Visibility Project.
Environment: Solaris9/10,RHEL4.6/5.2,Windows Server 2003/2008, WebLogic Server 7.x/8.1 SP2/SP6/10.0.0, MP1/11g,Apache 2.0/2.2,Bluestreak,JBoss4.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x, iPlanet/SunOne 4.x/6.x, IIS, JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6, JSP, Servlet, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, IBM MQ Series, HP Site Scope, BMC Remedy, Ant 1.5.1, SQL, XML, BIG IP F5 Load Balancer, Luna, Oracle coherence.