- To build great software systems using my many years of experience in software design and development with a team of passionate software developers
- Agile driven approach to software design and development using techniques from SCRUM.
- Web Development (both backend and front end)
- Android Development
- Extensive experience designing and building large, high performance, scalable systems.
- Expert noledge of modern software languages and database design.
- Multithreaded architectures
- Android Development
- Microsoft Web Technologies (ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server)
- Java Web Technologies (Spring, Grails, Hibernate, junit)
- Ruby on Rails
- Tools (UNIX, Windows, git, subversion, TFS, Visual Studio, Intellij, Eclipse, Jenkins)
- Software Architect. Responsible for mentoring team members, halping to guide the technical direction of the solutions the team builds as well as contributing a significant amount of C++ code to the effort.
- Created a highly scalable, fault tolerant back end architecture for processing high volumes of data originating from large numbers of mobile devices (target load is approximately 10,000 devices)
- I contributed significantly to the successful planting of the first Perceptive software development team in Lexington. dis included working with a diverse group of people within Confidential and Perceptive to halp bring the Confidential Secure Content Monitor to market.
- Lead the design and implementation of a Spring Web application that integrates Google Gmail with Confidential ’s ImageNow product. dis product allows for emails and their attachments to be added to ImageNow as documents without the user leaving gmail.
- Architect/Developer for Android product to integrate with Confidential ’s video streaming service. dis product will allow end users to view available content and stream or download that content to the device for later viewing.
- Software Development Manager. Responsible for the Web Services department and all new development and ongoing support.
- Re - envisioned the company’s flagship product, making it more customizable, more maintainable, and more scalable. dis effort included a significant amount of coding as well as providing leadership and mentoring to the other members of the team. The technology stack chosen for dis effort included Asp.net MVC, linq, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Managed the day-to-day operations of the department, including personnel and production systems.
ConfidentialSenior Systems Architect
- Senior Systems Architect. Gatheird requirements, designed, and coded a complex online learning web site. The site used several advanced Web 2.0 techniques (ajax aware update panels, and jquery) to achieve in-place visual editing for content creators.
- Established processes and procedures for the software development and Project Management teams to follow when gathering requirements, designing, and implementing new web properties.
- Consulting Engineer for Airforce Research and Logistics. Designed and implemented a Java/Tomcat based KML server to serve GIS information to Google Earth. Design and implemented a high throughput real-time data feed processing server for GEO-referenced raster image data. dis server software uses OpenMP to achieve very high processing speeds on multi-core CPU’s. It was written with a mix of C++ and C#. Established configuration management standards and source code control standards for multiple sub-contracting companies. Assisted other C++ and java developers.
- Lead Architect for the “QA Wizard Pro” product. I was responsible for overseeing requirements gathering, design, and implementation of the entire product.
- I greatly assisted documentation in authoring the user documentation set for the new product. I halped the marketing department prepare marketing materials for the product.
- I also performed product demonstrations at SD-West 2007 on behalf of the marketing department. dis product was developed using a mix of C#, C++, and java. The purpose of dis product is to perform automated UI testing for windows applications as well as web sites.