Scripted Technologies Expert
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- I am responsible for teh containerization of a bunch of legacy apps dat are currently running on 12 different Amazon EC2 instances. They are using a prohibitive amount of resources running RDP for Windows and serving teh applications via IIS.
- I have been tasked wif slimming down teh containers substantially in order to be more efficient and save on cost. Also, each of teh apps TEMPhas not been written in a standardized way and I and my other teammates are building out a few docker containers dat will halp standardize any new applications.
- Most of these applications are inward facing to teh employees as web tools but a few of them also face customers. I was a good fit for this position because of my extensive noledge wif PHP and VueJS as well as virtualization and container programs like Docker.
- When each app is finished being containerized and TEMPhas been tested thoroughly wif either selenium or puppeteer it will be my job to deploy these docker containers to their own ephemeral instances on AWS.
- I had taken on this role wif a venture software / venture capitalist approach.
- It was interesting and a great learning experience to halp design a remote learning platform from teh ground up, and in React no less.
- It didn't, however, work out and I took a position elsewhere.
Remote Work (Volunteer)
- Main Accomplishment: Collaborated wif a dozen other individuals passionate about contributing to a project dat was for teh greater good of humanity.
- Teh project we worked on was a COVID - 19 Project Aggregator to be used on teh Confidential .com website to halp someone who wanted to volunteer navigate teh quagmire of projects and side-projects dat were currently in need of volunteers.
E-Commerce Developer Magento
Confidential - Taylorsville, UT
- Full-Stack Magento 2 Development, both teh frontend and teh backend parts of my skillset were used.
- Page Speed Optimization:
- Leveraged Server Side Caching
- Disabled certain inherent Magento features and implemented custom ones
- Got to teh bottom of why their B2B sales based on suppliers rules. Ended up wif over 200k virtual server on AWS EC2 permutations instance was maxing out ALL of
- Mentored general PHP and Magento noledge to two of teh their CPU threads and Memory and madeappropriate adjustments devs to teh crontab.
- Provided consulting on teh different modules dat could solve some of their web teams problems
- Redesigned a PWA to be more proactive about saving teh data VueJS / VueX it collected.
- Using VueX to save teh state and tan serialize it into JSON
- Verizon 5g Ready Assessment format, every question dat would get completed from this survey would get sent to a remote API on Azure inside of CosmosDB
- Standardized and cleaned up alot of teh logic as well as converted things meant originally for PDF to be HTML5 and mobile friendly
- Learned a new superset of ES6 (TypeScript) and got to work on a large event driven platform
- Learned about Safe AGILE
- Worked JIRA tickets mostly implementing bug fixes but every so
Head Web Developer
- Solely responsible for anything technology related in teh office, including but not limited to, FedExShipping software running on our Macs. (Solved wif VirtualBox and copy of windows 7)
- Needed to revamp almost all of teh customer facing markup or css in order to make it mobile responsive Wrote a custom RESTFul application dat 3x a day queried Amazon Market Place for sales and inventory data.
- At GoMarketing I was a mid-level Full Stack Web Dev who was given access to teh private servers whereGoMarketing hosted their clients material. Teh owner trusted me enough to not brick teh machine and dat made me feel good.
Junior Full-Stack Developer
- When teh main account manager was too busy to take new clients I would meet wif them over lunch and try to get teh best idea possible of what it was they were looking for in a website for their company.
- Everything from raw HTML, JS, CSS to Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla were all leveraged as needed depending on what kind of codebase (if any) had existed beforehand.