- 6+ years of experience as an Android Mobile Apps Developer
- 7+ years of experience in the IT field
- Hands - on development in full software development cycle from concept to launch; requirement gathering, design, analysis, coding, testing and code review. Current with latest developments.
- Experience in the use of several version controls tools (GitLab, BitBucket, GitHub).
- Optimized performance, battery and CPU usage and prevented memory leaks using LeakCanary.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, working with multiple-sized teams from 3 to 10 members.
- Implemented customized HTTP clients to consume a Web Resource with Retrofit, Volley, OkHTTP and the native HttpURLConnection.
- Android app development using Java and Android SDK compatible across multiple Android versions
Confidential, Birmingham AL
Android Mobile Developer
- Part of the efforts on Kotlin migration for multiple classes and create noledge transfer documentation for junior developers on best practices and well-non processes to avoid duplication and reduce migration time
- Implemented Firebase to include analytics and crash reporting for an efficient solution on hot fix in production code
- Run several meetings with UI teams to help them better understand Material Design approach, how to implement and the possible outcomes for our current layouts and User Interface.
- Established communications channels for developers and UI design team.
- Acted as point of contact for urgent and critical milestones in the project life cycle and software development lifecycle, including explanatory steps for non-developer persons
- Implemented push notifications and connected with Firebase console
- Integrate with Agile team deliverables for all the processes of the product life cycle
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Designed and developed the application for Android mobile devices with extensive UI development.
- Responsible for the design of UI using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different forms of widgets.
- Strictly used Kotlin Language.
- Utilized Android Architecture components like ViewBinding, LifeCycles, LiveData, Navigation, Room and View Model.
- Used MVVM architecture .
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON responses and parsing them to get the required information.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations.
- Implemented a unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Used Constraint Layout to create large and complex layouts with a flat view hierarchy.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Enterprise uses Android tablets internally for their employee team to perform rental car check in/out and payments.
- Various apps are used and maintained by different teams based on function.
- Architecture used: MVVM RxJava based reactive architecture
- Using libraries such as Retrofit for web requests, Dagger for dependency injection.
- In addition to a multi-threading solution, RxJava was used for most of the design of the application.
- Agile methodology with monthly sprints (Confluence, Teams), daily team standups.
- Also worked closely with QA to diagnose and solve issues
- Maintained current projects, and built new features as needed.
- Team of 5 to 6 Member
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Participated in every phase of project from gathering requirements to deployment to play store
- Mainly responsible for developing Screens and Data Models
- Used Retrofit as a networking library for making Http calls to backend Restful API Services
- Project was Implemented in Agile (Scrum Methodology) development model
- Used Butter Knife for View Injection
- Adopted Model-View-Presenter (MVP) architectural pattern in development.
- Performed Unit testing by using Junit, Mockito for mocking objects
- Used Fabric’s Crashlytics for crash reporting purposes
- Used Jira for Bugs tracking Tool.
- Used GIT for Source Code Management.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Analyzed system requirements and functional requirements/documents.
- Communicate with executives to understand the requirement of the website and translate into technical objectives. Wrote the Project Design Document and Project Plan Document. Primary responsibility entailed translating the CEO's vision (User Story) into actionable tasks.
- Created and optimized graphic prototype website using HTML and CSS.
- Migrated Service from original WordPress-developed version to React/Flask-based SPA.
- Served as Scrum master for Front- and Back-end development teams. Delegated tasks to team-members commensurate to ability, and served as primary support point for unblocking tasks.
- Implemented database query service as API end-point both for internal functionality and marketable service.
- Led full re-write of all documentation relevant to above procedures.
- Utilized Google SEO suite for analytics and code refactor to improve SEO performance.
- Diagnosed/several bugs related to Cross-Browser compatibility and Accessibility functionality.
- Implemented user interface guidelines and standards throughout the development of the website.
- Involved in writing application-level code to interact with APIs and Web Services using JSON.
- Designed and Implemented user interface for web-based customer application.
- Maintained data structure consistency between all modules of the project.
- Maintained 24/7 high volume availability demands via AWS hosting services.