- 8+ Years of experience in software design, development, application support, deployment and configuration. Strong working experience in Devops, Middlware Administrator, Perl Script, Shell Script, JIRA, Code Coverage, Ant, Build and Release management, Change Management, Process Engineering, Application Packaging and Web Programming.
- Experience in Migration & Deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Experience in working as DevOps engineer/Build & Release engineer for release automation of enterprise applications to achieve continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI and CD).
- Experience in setting up the build and deployment infrastructure using Jenkins, Puppet, Hudson, ANTscripts and Maven.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in working with continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience in Build Automation using Maven and Ant scripts.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms - ServiceNow and Amazon AWS.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in Amazon AWS S3
- Worked on setting up the policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Responsible for building/deploying Java, Oracle ADF to various environments using Jenkins and ANTscripts, Shell scripts
- Experience in scheduling the deployment profile creation process using ANT scripts and Cron jobs
- Experience in release management of enterprise web applications using J2EE and Java related technologies.
- Build and Deployment of CI/CD Pipelines. Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Excellent understanding of installation, application deployment, monitoring and maintenance of Apache Webserver 2.0/2.2 and 2.3 and Tomcat 6.0 and Tomcat 6.0 on Linux environments.
- Experience in Maintaining BEA WebLogic Server on different UNIX platforms and setting up the Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Installed and configured SunOne and Apache Web Servers in various environments.
- Deployed applications on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Exposure to the automation on both Windows and Linux environments.
- Expensive experience in working with ANT Scripts (Extending the existing ones, creating new scripts)
- Experience in Managing/Tracking the defects status by using JIRA tool and Planning & resolving the issues as per SLA.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linux environments.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ Series, Siteminder.
- Good working experience in server side java programming using J2EE technologies - Servlets, Applets, JSP 1.x, JDBC, RMI, JNDI, EJB.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Good understanding of load balancing using F5, Site minder and DNS.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Testing and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Lightweight virtualization with Linux Containers and Docker
- Skilled in supporting WebSphere, Weblogic, and JBoss application Server.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), UNIX, MS WINDOWS, AIX,Solaris.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC, GIT, Source Tree
Languages: C,C++, JAVA, J2ee, XML.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB, Applets and swing components, AWT.
Databases: My SQL, Postgresql 11.
Application Servers: WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE, APACHE TOMCAT, JBOSS
Web Technologies: JDK 1.6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX
DevOps Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, HUDSON/JENKINS, TEAMCITY, CHEF, PUPPET, BUILD FORGE, CRUISE CONTROL, BAMBOO, NEXUS,DOCKER, VAGRANT, ANSIBLE, SALTSTACK, JABBIX, NAGIOS, KUBERNATES, JUNIT, KANBAN, ARTIFACTORY, VMWARE, SONARQUBE.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, REMEDY
Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, ELB, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, Dynamo Db, IAM.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Working for DevOps team and responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Automation.
- Managing 2500+ servers in Chef with different operating systems like SUSE, AIX and Solaris and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like Chef server, workstations, Nodes, Chef clients and various components like push jobs, super market etc.
- Responsible for build and deployment using Docker and ECS containers.
- Developed cookbooks and recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented 20 + Cookbooks on 2500 servers to maintain required software components in the infrastructure.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution from pulling logs from Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Worked on monitoring tools like Splunk and Nagios to check the status, recipe errors, performance of servers and troubleshooting according to the logs from monitoring tools.
- Experience with different operating systems like SUSE, Redhat, Solaris and AIX.
- Building and monitoring has been done continuously with a CI Tools like RIO
- Maintaining and coordinating environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution
- Coordinating/assisting developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
- Had built a docker image by writing a Dockerfile, which provides the necessary environment required for generic job.
- To automate the process inside the job, I had to pull the docker image from our docker registry and then, running the containers above that image. For further deploy and S3 copying, I wrote a shell script inside the job.
- Implementing and maintaining the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT
- Automating the infrastructure using Ansible, managing inventory files, writing YAML scripts to automate daily tasks including Kubernetes
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration.
- Working on Source Control Management (Git), branching and merging, cloning the remote repo locally
- Managing continuous integration and continuous deployment in Jenkins, creating build jobs and end to end pipelines (build, test and deploy)
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process
- Designed and implemented CI/CD using Jenkins and Ansible to provide an end to end monitoring and deployment.
- Automating the infrastructure using Ansible, managing inventory files, writing YAML scripts to automate daily tasks including Kubernetes
- Worked on creating the docker images that included the OpenCV, which was quite essential for some projects.
- Extensively worked on automating infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services, deploying through puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Automated infrastructure provisioning on AWS using Terraform and Ansible.
- Built AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling.
- Installed and Configured Open Source Artifact Repositories (example: Jfrog Artifactory).
- Installed and Configured Chef Enterprise and Chef Workstation hosted as well as On-Premise; Bootstrapped Nodes; Wrote Recipes, Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Developed and version controlled of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Implementing new projects built framework using Jenkins & Maven as Build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes.
- Testing of Cookbooks with Chef-Spec.
- We are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining the workflow using Jenkins, GIT and Chef.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef Basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker and Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes. Using CloudTrail, TESSA, CloudPassage, CheckMarx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- (DC/OS,Docker, Kubernetes) and functions.
- Worked on setting up of hosted Chef Servers to facilitate automation of services by installing Chef WorkStation, Chef Server and Chef Client.
- Major focus on Configuration, SCM, Build/Release Management, Infrastructure as a code (IAC) and as Azure DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Hands on experience on building cloud infrastructure from scratch using EC2, ASG, ELB, Route53, Dynamo and VPC. Chef is used as the provisioning tool along with Terraform. Also done some automation scripts using PowerShell.
- Experience in assigning the azure services on locations specific to integrate with web-apps and key-vaults
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Coordinating with Different Project teams on Build & Release planning and efforts.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Extensive experience with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Strong hands on experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Shell and PowerShell
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it toAnsible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, ANSIBLE, Python, Bash, Ruby Scripts.
- Experience in setting up TERRAFORM continuous build integration system.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Configured Nagios to monitor the IT infrastructure components such as system metrics, applications, servers and network protocols. Also used Splunk for monitoring the services.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Build Dynatrace managed servers/clusters and security gateways within data center for Managed setup
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Implemented Chef for a start-up to facilitate simple instance management for event driven load provisioning of instances based on averages of Nagios checks.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Extensive Experience on configuration User Experience by creating applications in Dynatrace managed and creating tags for those applications.
- Monitored these applications via Nagios and monitored Dynatrace.
- Package management in Linux using RPM and Yum. Installed, uninstalled and upgraded OS and application specific packages and Configured/Managed YUM repository
- Bootstrapped various nodes and the Chef server.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Performed end to end customisation for Dynatrace managed for all types of land scape technologies
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using AnsibleTower.
- Experience using open-shift enterprise 3 and deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with Paas.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins(CI/CD), Teamcity, Maven,Azure, AWS, Terraform,EC2, Jira, Linux, Sql,Docker, Java,Gradle, Nagios,Kanban, SonarQube, Artifactory,Cruise control, VMware,Ansible.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS 2013.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for the teams use with customers that have been heavily utilized thus saving much time with each case.
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Extensively used DynaTrace to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Working on Continuous Integration and build automation using Hudson/Jenkins CI and Sonar.
- Experience using open-shift enterprise 3 and deployed applications using Dockercontainers in the cloud with Paas.
- Built and DeployedJava/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- CI/CD Tools (Teamcity, Jenkins, gitlab nexus, JIRA and docker registry/daemon) configuration management and automation using Ansible. sed Jenkins/Bamboo to automate everyday builds, testing and deployed in Artifactory and tomcat servers.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- To configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Implemented Continuous deployment and environment provisioning using Ansible,
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Experience in usingDockercontainers.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion, Jenkins(CI/CD), JIRA, TFS, Teamcity, Maven,Gradle,Docker, GIT, ANT, Puppet, AWS, Python, Remedy, Web logic, UNIX, VMware,Artifactory, Ansible,Jabbix,SonarQube, Chef,Kubernates, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Middleware/AWS DevOps Engineer
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgraded WebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Installation and configuration of Puppet infrastructure.
- Updated JDK’s and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Configuring various Hardware level RAIDS on Dell Blade Server (Power Edge 860 & 2850 series)
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Using Python Scripting in DevOps users to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to database.
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Configuration of Nagios and check MK Network management and System monitoring tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Nagios to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & JIRA.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Used ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- InvHandled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation.
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application and WebLogic server.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic Server and resolved complex issues
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well organized planning in data center migration using TDS
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, DevOps, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML,MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Weblogic Systems Administrator
- Installed, configured and administered Oracle/BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/10.0/10.3 in various environments like Development, QA, and Production on Solaris, Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Installed and Configured JBOSS Application Server 4.3 GA on Red Hat Linux 5.5.
- Installing Apache HTTP Server, configuring apache plug in for Weblogic and hosting application using virtual host features in apache.
- Involved in migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x.
- Deployed different types of applications like WAR, JAR and EAR files in Weblogic 8.x/10.x and JBoss 4.3.
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.x/10.x.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts that automate the WebLogic Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.)
- Developed scripts to monitor JVM Heap Size, JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Server hang, Application Deadlock, Out of Memory Issue, High memory usage and High CPU.
- Configured and managed secured environments using SSL and Digital certificates.
- Installed and Configured LDAP Server and integrated with Weblogic Application Server.
- Worked on Configuring channel secure CA/Netegrity Siteminder with webservers and Weblogic Applications.
- DConfigured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Administrative documentation for Installation/Configuration Procedures for future use.
- Log files analysis such as WebLogic server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs, thread dumps, verbosegc logs for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Using Remedy as the trouble ticket and change management tool.
- Worked as a Level2/Leve3 Escalation point for any issues regarding with Weblogic for a Very High Visibility Project.
- Co-ordinate with Oracle Support team to solve the issues on time.
- Provided 24/7 on call Production Support.
Environment: Solaris 9/10, RHEL 4.6/5.2, Windows Server 2003/2008, WebLogic Server 7.x/8.1 SP2/SP6/10.0.0, MP1/11g, Apache 2.0/2.2, Bluestreak, JBoss 4.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x, iPlanet/SunOne 4.x/6.x, IIS, JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6, JSP, Servlet, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, IBM MQ Series, HP Site Scope, BMC Remedy, Ant 1.5.1, SQL, XML, BIG IP F5 Load Balancer, Luna, Oracle coherence.