- 8 years of experience in System Administration, Software Configuration Management, DevOps methodologies, and Cloud Solution Architect using Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Nagios, Splunk, GIT, AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including managing, deploying, automating, and monitoring of Enterprise Applications.
- Expertise in infrastructure development using Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, AMI, IAM, VPC, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, CloudFormation, & CloudWatch.
- In - depth understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes including compiling, packaging, deploying and configuring applications .
- Skilled in implementing a production ready, load balance, highly available, auto-scaling Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and Microservices container orchestration.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git on Linux platforms.
- Experience with Docker components like Docker engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker registry and maintaining Docker container clusters using Kubernetes, Bash, and GIT.
- Experience in writing the playbooks and can manage servers by pushing the code from servers to different nodes in Ansible.
- Experience in scheduling daily restarts for applications using Shell scripts and Cron jobs.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Experience in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version control using source code management tools like GIT, SVN, and CVS.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Application Insights, Document DB, Internet of Things (IoT), Azure Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online, and SQL Azure.
- Strong use of scripting languages like Shell, Bash, Python, Groovy, Ruby, PERL and PHP.
- Expertise in configuring the Log Monitoring, Health monitoring and alerting tools like AWS CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Nagios, Splunk, Enterprise ELK.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
AWS Services: VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Direct Connect, Storage Gateway, DMS, SMS, SNS, and SWF.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS, SUSE, Mint), Ubuntu, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows.
Version Control: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN)
SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, ANT, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Application Servers: WebSphere Server, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, and Red Mine.
Confidential - New Orleans, LA
AWS Solutions Architect
- Responsible for designing, building and deploying cloud-based solutions, focusing on clients looking to move their legacy infrastructure to a more cost-effective environment.
- Optimized cloud applications performance by automating monthly Startup/Shutdown, based on business unit’s maintenance window.
- Managed resource uptime via AWS Instance Scheduler.
- Developed tools and processes to facilitate the operations team and support of Lift and Shift AWS instances that use automated Startups/Shutdown.
- Architected and developed event-based micro services with AWS EventBridge, CloudWatch and AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda serverless functions and AWS Node SDK to optimize operational procedure for a “Life and Shift” data center hosted on AWS.
- Achieved scale and cross account functionality with AWS EventBridge and AWS Simple Notification Service.
- Used Terraform to customize our infrastructure in AWS configuring various AWS resources.
- Achieved automated suppression of monitoring alerts of the instances in Startup/Shutdown schedule.
- Enabled centralized logging for detailed traceability and visibility into the system using AWS CloudWatch Logs, AWS X-Ray and AWS Lambda.
- Designed cloud system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy to deliver an integrated solution which meets business needs.
- Implemented Route 53 to access the service to modify DNS records.
- Worked on code migrations between environments though automated procedure using Jenkins CloudBees and IBM Urban Code Deploy.
- Worked on REST Tools such as swagger, Postman and SoapUI testing HTTP Request and response.
- Conducted POC to orchestrate provisioning of OS to request customers using Terraform & Jenkins.
- Configured automation in Maven to automatically build, package, and deploy Java applications to multiple development and production environments
- Deployed web-application to AWS S3 using static web hosting, registered a domain to Route 53, and used CloudFront distribution to speed-up the delivery of web content to users.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining software cluster using of Apache Mesos.
- Create end to end, staging and production Kubernetes clusters along with the dashboard for managing the deployments.
- Created additional, on-demand access to the downstream capabilities through AWS API Gateway.
Confidential - Jacksonville, FL
- Migrated on-premise database to AWS Cloud and built & deployed applications utilizing the AWS stack and focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with the Chef.
- Conducted Proof of Concept (POC) on various cloud platforms and made a recommendation of AWS cloud platform.
- Orchestrate deployment of application & infrastructure clusters within a Public Cloud environment utilizing a Cloud Management Platform.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to ‘Serverless’ architecture deployed via Terraform which includes AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments.
- Worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon Kinesis and integrated Dynamo DB using Lambda for value storage and for streams backup.
- Developed and maintained Cloud Formation Template Scripts, automated the provisioning of AWS resources and installed workstations.
- Developed Terraform templated to create Load balancers, EC2 instance with auto scaling and monitoring on the fly for different environments.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes.
- W orked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers.
- Created custom Docker Images using Docker file for easy replication of DEV & QA Environments.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT and further configuring with SonarQube to test the quality and analyze the bug fixes.
- Configured KMS using IAM to provide encryption/decryption keys to secure S3, EBS, & RDS.
- Established RADIUS server for VPN and wireless access point authentication.
- Developed AWS CloudFormation Templates in YAML for creating Lambda, SQS, and SNS with specified permissions.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, and disk usage to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Developed Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis. Designed core scripts to automate Splunk maintenance and alerting tasks.
- Used JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations & plug-ins.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios and implemented Nagios core for monitoring Infrastructure resources.
Confidential - Irvine, CA
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that involves different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, tagging, merge requests, notifications.
- Implemented VMware ESX server to provide multiple virtual hardware platforms while keeping hardware costs and energy consumption down.
- Involved in installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a Master and Slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Deployed Microservices using pivotal cloud foundry and managed domains and routes with the cloud foundry. Worked in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Design an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts. Installed, configured and managed the ELK Stack for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality and to perform automatic reviews of code to detect bugs. Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Installed Docker using Docker Toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Built and managed a large deployment Ubuntu Linux instances system with Chef Automation.
- Created Docker container images by tagging and pushing the images and worked on the infrastructure using Docker containerization.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 2000+ AWS instances configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage deployed in multiple Availability Zones for high availability.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Created streams in the SpringXD for message de-queuing and created collections in MongoDB and separate databases in the MongoDB instances to capture logging activity.
- Configured the application to run on the datacenter using Terraform.
- Setup JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system.
- Used Minikube to manage local deployments in Kubernetes, created local cluster and deployed application containers.
- Installed SonarQube on a sandbox and installed plugins based on developer requirements.
- Developed Python scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups which are engaged in enabling Lambda functions for dynamic creation of roles.
Confidential - Tampa, FL
- Installation and Configuration of Red Hat ES, Solaris, SLES and Windows servers.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Applied patches to fix the holes that are found during the quarterly scan basis using Nessus scan.
- Upgraded and maintained servers, operating Systems and patches.
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux /Solaris servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Sendmail, Apache, FTP, SSHD.
- Configuring and managing Novell HA cluster in SLES 10.
- Configuring and optimizing open-iSCSI in RHES for SAN using iOmega technology.
- Install host firewall IPTables for Redhat Linux.
- Installation, configuration Active Directory, Group Policy, Migrations, Security GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Mail Server in Windows based server environment.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Performed TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP administration.
- Setting up Oracle server in Linux/Unix environment. Supported DBA in implementation of Oracle.
- Installed and monitored administering and monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's servers’ operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- Performed routine LVM tasks like replacing failed drives, adding new volume groups, extending volume groups/LVM/file system, exporting and importing volume group for hardware migration.
- Administered Backup and Restore operations using Veritas NetBackup 5.1.
- Monitored and fine-tuning system and network performance for server environments running Red Hat Linux, Solaris.
- Troubleshoot various systems problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related issues.