- 13 years of experience in designing, developing and managing large scale enterprise level web applications and software products using Core Java and J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in Object Modeling, Object Oriented Design Methodologies and Object Oriented Programming
- Expertise in Spring Batch, Spring Webflow, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JPA, Zookeeper, AXIS2, and CXF frameworks
- Proficient in developing Cloud based applications on AWS and Azure platforms.
- Experienced developer in Cassandra, MongoDB noSQL databases and Oracle 10g/9i RDBMS.
- Expertise in Multi - threaded/Concurrent Programming in Java and J2EE technologies.
- Proficient in implementing Core Java & J2EE Design Patterns across the application.
- Expertise in developing unit test cases using TestNG, JUnit, Mockito, DataProvider frameworks.
- Proficient in Agile Scrum and Agile TDD Methodologies.
- Expertise in end-to-end development, deployment, integration, testing and providing support to large scale applications.
- Proficient in converting innovative ideas and acquired skills into executable business values in a highly professional environment.
- Excellent team member with good planning and monitoring skills.
- Highly capable to adapt new application environment and fix bugs from existing application.
- Excellent client interaction, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Programming Languages: Java 1.8
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
noSQL Databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB
Web Services: REST, JAXB, AXIS2, CXF, SOAP, WSDL, SOA, XML, JSON
Frameworks/Specifications: Spring Batch, Spring Webflow, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JPA, Zookeeper, Log4j, JSF, Struts
J2EE Services: JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS, JDBC, JNDI
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i, MySQL
Scripting Languages: Shell Script, Groovy, Gradle, Maven, ANT
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, YARN, Hive
Message Queues: Kafka, RabbitMQ
XML Technologies: XML, DOM, SAX
Search Engines: SOLR, GSA
Unit Testing: TestNG, JUnit, Sonar, Mockito, DataProvider
Design Patterns: Factory, Abstract Factory, Singleton, DAO, Service Locator, Business Delegate, Strategy, Front Controller, Prototype, Facade, Session Facade, Value Object, View Helper, Data Object, Composite, Decorator, Proxy, Interpreter
Version Control Tools: Git, Perforce, ClearCase, SVN
Build Automation Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Log Analysis Tools: Splunk
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat 7.0, WebSphere 7.0, JBoss, Oracle 9iAS
OOAD & UML: Architecture Diagram, Entity Relationship Diagram, Use Cases, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Activity Diagram
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Agile TDD
Domains: Finance, Product Development, Retail, Telecom, eLearning, HR
Confidential, San Ramon (CA)
- Involve in complete SDLC, requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, integration, deployment and testing.
- Develop project requirement and specification documents and create architecture, entity relationship, use case, sequence, collaboration and class diagrams.
- Architect and design components in distributed architecture on AWS cloud platform.
- Develop Java interfaceto AWS Simple Storage (S3) and Simple Queue (SQS) Services.
- Implement Kafka to monitor outbound and inbound locations to move the data files to server local directory.
- Configure scheduler process in Spring Batch to generate request files for minor-tuned-adult customers by reading from Cassandra, and notifications for the delayed responses files.
- Develop content migrationETLsystem using Java, AWS, Cassandra, and RESTweb services.
- Develop Java module to migrate historic data from Oracle database to Cassandra.
- Develop shell scripts to create Cassandra and Hive tables in different environments.
- Parse the data read from Cassandra tables to render it to REST layer.
- Develop business layer components using Spring & JPA.
- Implement Multi-threading technique in service layer to improve application performance.
- Develop crypto module to generate PGP encrypted/decrypted data files to be sent to, and received from third party for PEP evaluation.
- Develop unit test cases in TestNG, Mockito and DataProvider, and publish the test report on Sonar.
Environment: Java 1.8, Cloud, noSQL, AWS, Cassandra, REST, Spring Batch, JPA, Zookeeper, Kafka, CXF, JAXB, JSON, XML, Gradle, Shell Script, TestNG, Mockito, DataProvider, Sonar, Splunk, Log4j, Git, UML, UNIX, TeamCity, Agile
Confidential, San Rafael (CA)
Senior Software Engineer
- Perform system analysis, design and development and create architecture, entity relationship, use case, sequence and class diagrams.
- Provide thought leadership by demonstrating innovation and creativity to develop business solutions.
- Add Guava caching to application to avoid frequent database calls.
- Develop shell scripts to create MongoDB tables in different environments.
- Implement business layer to write into, and read from MongoDB.
- Configure SOLR to index and search from server and application logs.
- Develop business and service layer components using Spring, Hibernate, CXF and REST.
- Design and develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable and meet business-defined services.
- Configure Sonar to generate test coverage, unit test reports.
- Develop unit test cases using TestNG, Mockito and DataProvider frameworks in REST layer.
Environment: Java 1.8, Cloud, noSQL, Azure, MongoDB, REST, Spring Batch, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, SOLR, CXF, JAXB, JSON, XML, Maven, Shell Script, Tomcat, TestNG, Mockito, DataProvider, Sonar, Splunk, Log4j, Git, UML, UNIX, Jenkins, Agile
Confidential, Los Gatos (CA)
- Configure tomcat servers in cluster environment on AWS.
- Develop shell script to push build artifact to AWS.
- Automate sync process between Domino and Workday to keep the data up to date.
- Configure user accounts in Workday and generate HRIS reports.
- Develop java classes and shell scripts to import data into Cassandra tables from Hive tables.
- Load the data, read from Oracletables,to Hive stage tables using Kafka.
- Write HiveQL queries to pre-process the data and upload it into hive tables.
- Implement MapReduce (mapper and reducer), Spark, and Yarn (container, appMaster and client) classes in Java.
- Configure SOLR to index and retrieve data from Cassandra, and generate REST web-service response in JSON format.
- Load data from UNIX file system to HDFS, and upload it into Cassandra using Hive interface.
- Add SAML assertions to SOAP to give Identity Management support to Web Service transactions.
- Implement automation scripts in TestNG, Mockito and DataProvider.
Confidential, Des Moines (IA)
Senior Software Engineer
- Involve in analysis, design, development, deployment and integration testing.
- Create architecture, entity relationship, use case, class and sequence diagrams.
- Gather and review requirements, develop technical design documents and create prototype of critical business application using Java/J2EE and Oracle technologies.
- Understand and apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture and framework capabilities and functionalities.
- Provide information technology expertise in the development and support of new and advanced concepts, applications, and techniques for equipment, networks, systems, and processes.
- Engage in collecting new requirements and use case clarifications from client.
Confidential, Brisbane (CA)
Retail Domain Senior Software Engineer
- Implement business delegate, singleton, factory, business object and view helper design patterns.
- Design and develop SSO and WS Security modules to give identity management support.
- Perform system testing, unit testing and integration testing and implement Log4j.
- Configure Hudson to add Continuous Integration feature to the development Environment.
- Perform unit testing using JUnit and implement Log4j for logging mechanism.
- Fine tune the application to achieve better performance and create production support documents.
- Coordinate with business/end users to get clarification on their new/change requirements.
Confidential, Cambridge (UK)
eLearning Domain Onsite Co-ordinator
- Prepare project specification document and high level design document with UML diagrams.
- Perform system analysis, requirement clarification, estimation, design and documentation.
- Develop business layer components using Struts & EJB, GUI using JSP & JSTL, and reports using APEX.
- Add pagination to get performance and Java Security to give Identity Management support.
- Implement front controller, business delegate, singleton, and service locator design patterns.
- Develop action classes and helpers to get the data from business tier, and DAO to perform CRUD operations over database.
- Design and normalize oracle database, develop PL/SQL packages and write SQL queries.
- Participate in professional development activities to maintain and enhance technical and leadership skills, business knowledge, IS products and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT customers.
Telecom Domain Java Developer
- Design technical and functional documents and create entity relationship, use cases, class, sequence and collaboration diagrams.
- Contribute to application design, database design and create mock up screens.
- Analyze, design and develop web based customer activation and maintenance module.
- Develop business and presentation layer components in Struts, EJB, JSP, JSTL & AJAX.
- Implement business delegate, singleton, session façade, and factory pattern design patterns.
- Normalize database, create database tables and views, and develop PL/SQL procedures and functions.
- Perform impact analysis, unit testing, and user acceptance testing and fix the bugs.
- Configure development and testing environments and provide production support till stable state.