- Confidential has over thirty two years of experience in developing applications for large distributed information systems for both private industry as well as government.
- He has had roles within those systems from programmer to more recently as Sr. Developer and is capable of working as a self starter without supervision.
- He has worked within the framework of a full - life cycle methodology for information systems development that combines object oriented design, and data base design.
- Confidential developed an approach to model the cost of software development efforts.
- His experience encompasses the entire spectrum of large mainframe applications, minicomputer applications, workstations, PCS, Web Sites, and client-server environments.
Web Development Software: Microsoft .net in ASP to Frameworks 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0, C# used over last 12 years, utilizing VB6, Microsoft ASP, VB Scripts, all web pages for all projects use Java Script. Currently using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise, use of the latest Agile Development methods as sponsored by DHS, use of Team Foundation server for source control, use of CSS for IE9 compatibility in Windows 7 environment, Web Services, OpenXML, Oracle .net data access, Jira, GitHub
DB Languages: Microsoft Transact SQL in Microsoft SQL2000 and SQL2005, SQL scripting for Oracle, JCL, KSAM
Hardware Platforms: IBM based PC’s, IBM RISC/6000, HP/9000, and IBM Mainframe
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, AIX, HP UNIX.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Successfully assisted the new prime contractor Confidential in the transition of their assumption of the JETS contract for the NFTS project until the staff was comfortable to take over.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- NFTS was written using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with source control Team Foundation Server.
- Replace the old classic ASP web pages to newer technology of C# including the interpretation of the VB script code behind.
- Recoded the web pages to interact with the upgraded ORACLE data base through a new method of in house developed transaction middle ware written in C# utilizing existing Visual Basic 6.0 class dll’s, and rewriting some of them in C#.
- Created and ran multiple unit and functional tests for NFTS using accepted templates along with the designated share point libraries.
- Ensured that all web pages were 508 Compliant and have transformed them to function within Windows 7 and IE 9.
- All newly coded web pages were rebuilt so that the customer set would experience little or no change to the functionality of the current system.
- Assisted in the 508 compliance testing of the ERRDPP (Electronic Reading Room Document Preparation Project).
- Created prototypes for new release of the ERRDPP system to manage files that are moved prior to redacting. One called for a new file watcher to react to files being placed on a server folder. The process would move the file from a server folder to a designated target folder on another server.
- Built from a prototype an Excel Writer class to replace Crystal Reports to provide a 508 compliant reporting mechanism for NFTS. This utilizes the Oracle .net data access and OpenXML.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Software Engineer
- Dynamic Survey is written in VB.net for the web, with SQL2000 data base. This software manages a survey process available to different organizations for analysis of services. The owner of this software is Office of Quality Management.
- ICView is written in C# with SQL2000 data base with the user of the reporting services tool. This software produces various SQL Server reports on the immigration status of foreigners currently at NIH. The owner of the software is Division of International Services.
- The POTS system was written in classic ASP with SQL2000 data base. This software is designed to support the on-line purchasing of goods and services to support the general ORS community of the NIH. It is rather simple in design but follows the path from cradle to grave of a purchase order with appropriate report mechanisms.
- Contracted by the same ORS organization to rebuild the old POTS system in a new version based upon a C# model using Visual Studio version 2008. This new model was built to enhance the online experience of the ORS users for greater flexibility and better reporting mechanisms.
- Tasked to build a new web services system to improve the traceability of the ORF organization in its purchase of goods from a supplier for the warehouse that supplied contractors the parts needed to maintain NIH campuses in their various locations. To be released to production in April 2010.
- Continuing to work on organization chart software to allow for a dynamic representation of the ORS community and how the individuals that work for the organization are dispersed. Written in c# using Visual Studio 2008 with Ajax controls.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Software Engineer
- There were multiple projects at different times in which I have utilized the following skill sets: VB 6.0, VB Script, Active X, ADO, COM/DCOM, Internet Explorer, DHTML, HTML, OLE DB, ASP,IIS MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005, MS SQL Analysis Server, Web Services .NET Framework 2.0.
- As the technologies changed, my exposure to all listed above were utilized.