- IT industry as a Devops/Build and Release Engineer with major focus on Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, Release of code from one environment to another environment and cloud implementation
- Management for Build, Deployment and Releases activities in software development.
- Experience in maintaining Confidential (Amazon Web Services) EC2 (Elastic Cloud Computing) resources like instances, EBS volumes, snapshots, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB), VPC, AMI's, security Groups, elastic IP's, Key pairs and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in different environments.
- Handling and administration of Version control tools (Subversion(SVN), Perforce, GIT) like Tagging, Branching, Merging and user access control.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers Kubernetes Clusters, Mesos.
- Implemented and maintained CI environments (Jenkins), Build Forge, performing deployments, Packaging, Build optimization, Production rollouts, Staging, Defect tracking (JIRA), and Root cause analysis, Smoke testing, Operation support and Service Delivery over web/app servers like Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Experience with automation configuration tools like Chef & Ansible.
- Experience in chef automation including writing cookbooks, customized recipes for test driven developments.
- Experience in Ansibleto manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Groups and Packages.
- Expertise in Build automation tools like ANT/MAVEN.
- Experienced in UNIX shell scripting for automation.
- Basic understanding for TCP/IP networking: subnetting and routing
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, BAMBOO, Docker, Rudder, Code Deploy, Code ship.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Grunt.
Infrastructure: Confidential Cloud Platform (IAAS)
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, MS SQL.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
Cloud Platform: Confidential (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB), Open stack, Open Shift.
Confidential Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Route 53.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum.
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web logic, JBOSS, WebSphere.
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Chef, PHP, Ruby and Perl.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Red Hat 4.X, Fedora, Ubuntu, WINDOWS, CentOS.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH.
- Strong hands - on on Confidential cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in Confidential cloud.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Performed Build/Release/SCM engineer duties.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents, Create Puppet modules and Classes. Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers and Developed and improved GIT push scripts.
- Written chef cook books and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, web logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and Confidential Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Gradle and written python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Working on SAST and DAST tools for secure code reviewing and to find potential vulnerabilities.
- Experience in writing ansible scripts.
- Used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintain.
- Worked on Virtualization of build and SCM environments.
- Performed SCM-guru tasks including branching, merging, server recovery, permission handling.
Environment: Confidential, Jenkins, MAVEN, Perl Scripts, JIRA, Subversion, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Tomcat Application servers, FINDBUGS.SOAP/REST services, Dynatrace, JMeter, Splunk, CA Rally, Apache Tomcat Server, Red Hat Open Shift Enterprise, Docker Containers, Jenkins, GitHub, Groovy, Linux, windows
- Working on process improvements and Automate the build and Deploy operations.
- Worked with several Confidential services like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Responsible for creating on-demand EC2 instances.
- Creating Custom AMI’s and AMI tags, modified AMI permissions.
- Working with Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Used Confidential S3 service as Build Artifact repository to created release based buckets to store various modules/branch based artifact storage.
- Setup various jobs in the Jenkins for the commit based builds as well as nightly builds.
- Created Wiki pages and educated the team about the automation and branching strategies to be followed.
- Implemented code review tools like Gerrit and Emma. Set up cronjobs for automating the logs archiving and disc cleanup.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Migrated applications to the Confidential cloud.
Build Release Engineer
- Participated in and worked with the fast-paced Agile Development team building enterprise grade software systems.
- Worked closely with the development team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose. Integrated Subversion (SVN) and Ant with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Collaborated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software and QA Engineers, and to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of Build and Deployment processes to support all phases of development including production releases.
- Responsible in maintaining a detailed understanding of the structure and interdependencies of systems and leverage this knowledge to improve how the build and release processes allow for rapidly evolving product offerings.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Maintained and enhanced the Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitoring builds, maintaining configuration and developing automation.
- Assist team in selecting appropriate tools and techniques to deliver timely, accurate and meaningful information from all aspects of the application.
- Integrate the code check-in rules and Test Automation harnesses into the continuous integration system to support quality objectives.
- Managed the code Repository by maintaining the code repository in TFS, perform and administer database baseline, improve practices of branching and code merge, establish process control points and configure TFS reporting suite to custom needs of development team.
- Build the Scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent child relationships between projects.
- Involved in Customization of Work Items and Transition Matrix in TFS.
- Used SQL queries using SQL server to check the data integrity on an RDBMS data base.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release notes using Perl scripts.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management. Installed and configured Subversion, GIT, Ant, Maven and Jenkins.
- Maintain Subversion/GIT repository giving access and group controls.
- Created Branches, Tags for each release and merged the branches after the code freeze.
- Administering SVN and imported the Projects like Branching, labeling and merging the code.
- Automated the existing build process using build tools like Ant/Maven.
- Installing necessary plug-ins needed for automation in Jenkins.
- Automated deployment process using Shell script, where it copies the Jar & Ear files.
- Managed builds for Java based applications.
- Managing the source code is up to date with different environments like QA/UAT/Production.
- Automating the deployment procedure, monitoring the deployments and troubleshooting the failed deployments.
- Generating reports from the release tools for the deployments we do.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web LogicPerl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, JIRA, TFS, SQL Server.