- Overall 8 years of experience in DevOps, Build, Release Management, Configuration Management and Quality Assurance on UNIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) and cconfiguration management using Puppet.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, GITHub, Subversion (SVN), TFS Microsoft Visual Studio VSTS
- Hands on experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar & war) from source code and static code analysis using SonarQube.
- Experienced in setting up project baselines, branching, merging and taking regular backup of the source in GIT.
- Worked on virtualization environments like Docker. Experienced with Docker container service. Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile
- In-depth knowledge of Jenkins Continuous Integration Server, Installation, Configuration, Design & Administration, Expertise in Automation, Release Management & Dashboard Configuration.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks rrunning recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Experience in writing playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using ansible.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, and Tomcat.
Operating System: Windows (XP, 7, 8,10), Red Hat, UNIX, centos, Ubuntu, Linux.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, DB2
Programming Language: Java/J2EE
Scripting Language: Shell scripting, Groovy, Python
Version Control: TFS, GIT, Bit Bucket
Web Servers: WebLogic, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Kubernetes.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA.
Cloud Services: AWS, Open Stack, Microsoft Azure
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBA, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 300+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience working on implemented security groups and Network ACLs.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using as CI tool and wrote Python Scripts and BASH Script to automate the build process.
- Creating snapshots and amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and groups for improved login authentication.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining TFS/GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Created the branches in GIT to implement the parallel development process. Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts. Used SonarQube for code review.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository. Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and managed Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configuration and management of many servers is administered and developed many modules and templates using configuration management tool: Puppet
- Installed and configured Splunk to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation. Created indexes and generated reports.
- Created Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures and managing containers
- Worked on Kubernetes system to automate deployment, scaling and management of mobile and web Containerized applications
- Experience in working with web servers likeApacheand application servers like WebSphere and Tomcat to deploy code.
- Managed Python, Bash & Shell Scripting for build automations.
- Maintained Atlassian products like JIRA.
Environment: Azure, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, GIT, Chef, GIT, Docker, JAVA, Nginx, Python, Jira Puppet, SonarQube, AWS, SQL, Java, Ansible.
AWS DevOps Build & Automation Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments. Worked on J2EE builds for the project, compiled and packaged .EAR file using Ant and Maven
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and good knowledge of AWS services like Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Good working knowledge AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys and Multi Factor Authentication.
- Experience in Managing monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Administered Docker versioning, troubleshooting and Docker images management.
- Involved in developing and deploying of micro services using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes in combination with Chef.
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Integrated the CI workflow with testing tools like Selenium
- Automating server configuration/management with Chef on AWS platform. Configured and monitored multiple servers using Chef. Defined Chef/ Server and Workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Implemented TFS branching and merging operations for .NET Source Code in the Agile Development Methodologies.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes
- Configured TFS 2015/2013 Environment along with Share point Services & Reporting Services. Maintained activities related to security in TFS.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, python, Shell scripting, Ruby, Linux Administration, JIRA, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, Splunk, ANT, Groovy, SonarQube, Selenium, Web Logic, AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Cloud formation, S3, ELB, Autoscaling, VPC, Subnets)
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and automate UNIX flavored OS Linux i.e. RHEL, Centos, etc.
- Updating the patches to keep servers up to date against bugs present in the operating system using Red HatSatelliteServer, yum, etc.
- Designed, built and deployed a multitude applications utilizing almost all of theAWS(Including EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch and IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with Cloudwatch monitoring.
- Designed, wrote and implementedPythonscript for taking automatic EBS snapshots of EC2 instances
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Installed and configured Relational database and non-relational databases MySQL, MongoDB services on AWS platform
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Worked on building custom Centos andUbuntucontainers using Ansible and Docker.
- UtilizedTerraformand Ansible to provision and deploy
- Installed and ImplementedAnsibleconfiguration management system.
- Developed automation, ansible playbooks for deploying updates on all scale-out Nodes usingpython. Utilized Docker as a container to deploy in a microservices environment
- Integration of testing tools likeSelenium, JUnit and deploy with Jenkins for CI/CD process.
- Used Agile practices to aid in the release of software and have a familiarity with Jira.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX Python, Bash script etc
- Used Jenkins& Puppet to perform automated CI Builds and Deployments.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations using Puppet, Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Managed the Maven Repositories using GIT Repository Manager and to share the snapshots and releases for internal projects.
Environment: SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven, Puppet, Dev Ops, TFS, Jenkins, Clear case, MS Build, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, MongoDB, Sonar, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Weblogic, Selenium, Ansible