- Qualified Professional with 8+ years of experience in Software Configuration Management(SCM), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI&CD), Deployement and administrating, configuring, managing Linux distributions (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris).
- Worked on Amazon Web Services(AWS) for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors viz., RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu in Linux, Windows and MAC.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3. Experience in AWS using EC2, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS S3, AWS VPC, and IAM services.
- Experience setting up instances behind ELB in AWS for high availability.
- Experienced in writing Terraform scripts for AWS infrastructure.
- Worked on DevOps tool Chef in provisioning AWS machines
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on Azure PaaS storages like Blob (Page and Block), SQL Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications. Created Golden Boot Images for Linux servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Worked on rolling back to an earlier deployment when instability happens using Kubernetes.
- Worked in Docker container - based distribution deployment and replication control using Kubernetes.
- Setting up projects, repos, fork repos and branching strategy for Stash/GIT
- Worked on the containerization tool like Docker and their components like Docker engine, Docker Hub, the built Images used for the testing.
- Build files using Ansible and combine them to form clean, reusable abstractions.
- Experience in writing modules for Puppet and good understanding analyzing manifests.
- Experience in installation and configuration management tools like puppet and Ansible on various servers.
- Experience in using Chef Cookbooks and Chef recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Experience working with log monitoring tool cub Stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana). Expert in Chef/Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson for continuous integration and End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Building scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. .
- Used Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experience in server build using Kickstart, PXE, Jumpstart and manual installation Methods.
- Provided end-user training for all GitHub users to effectively use the tool.
- Implementing a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Experience in managing cloud software deployments, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven.
- Experience on storage allocation using Logical Volume Manager.
- Planned, implemented, and managed Splunk for log management and analytics
- Have ample experience in load balancing, Integrating and monitoring with Nagios and Splunk.
- Created and maintained the python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
Technology: Build and Release Management, Bug Tracking, Web Technologies, Continuous Integration
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Version Control: Subversion(SVN), GIT, Perforce, BitBucket
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere, Weblogic, VMWare
Database: MySQL, Oracle10, 11g, DB2 and Cassandra
Language Support: Java C++, C, SQL, XML, PERL, UNIX Make, tools Visual Build Pro, .Net
Cloud Environments: AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Container Orchestration Tools: Docker, EC2 Container Services, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Infrastructure Automation Tools: CHEF, Ansible, Puppet
Test Tools: Selenium, JUNIT
Monitor Tools: Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, NewRelic
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential - El Segundo, CA
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, SuSe 10, 11, Solaris 10 & AIX 6, 7.
- Gathered Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured their Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven. Automated CI/CD process by building a pipeline project in Jenkins with Maven and GIT.
- Tested and implemented validated merge feature on cloud bees Jenkins to facilitate frequent commits from developers then a build is triggered on Jenkins, if the build is successful the code changes will be pushed to upstream repository.
- Configured MySQL server with Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Worked with development teams to merge the code for branching, merging, and tagging in the repository on branches.
- Integrated build tool MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code into nexus antifactory.
- Hands on experience in writing Ansible playbooks and used Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Developing ruby cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances.
- Managed and Administered Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere and JBOSS.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Provided consistent environment usingKubernetesfor deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deploymentpipelineby implementingDockercontainerization.
- Created Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Launched Docker containers on EC2 instance.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Involved in maintaining and editing Python scripts for application deployment automation.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, AWS, RHEL, Docker, Ruby, Shell Script, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Python script, Apache Tomcat, Perl script, JBOSS.
Sr. DevOps & Aws Engineer
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Created and managed EC2 instances utilizing various AWS services like auto-scaling groups, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), S3 and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments and infrastructure servers for Chef.
- Writing JSON templates for Cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GITHUB (sub version control).
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Docker for Continuous Integration and end to end automation of all build and deployments, also have good knowledge on XL deploy and Code Deploy as release automation solution.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in containers. Created virtual images like production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots and managed Docker volumes. Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances). Developed Networking policies for Docker containers.
- Installed Chef-Server enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation, bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife and worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise.
- Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Experience in code deployment and orchestration with tools such as Chef, Cloud Formation, and automation validation using Test Kitchen, Vagrant. Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an Agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Worked with NACL, Security Groups, Nagios, encryption, CloudWatch, Multi Factor Authentication etc.
- Installed and Upgraded packages and patches, Configuration management, Version Control, Service packs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and reviewing Security constraints.
- Monitored and managed various DEV, QA, PreProd, PROD environments for production and deployment activities. Identified cross functional dependencies through monitoring and tracking release milestones.
- Expertise with virtualization technologies, installed and configured VMware environments, created numerous Virtual Servers and, involved in troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and user tickets.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, RHEL, Docker, Ruby, Shell Script, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Python script, Tomcat, pearl script, Nagios, Chef.
Confidential - Franklin, NJ
- Administered and handled configuration management of GIT and source code repositories: Administration source tree, user account creation, repo sync, branching, checkout, merging, cherry-pick, tag creation, pull, push, fetch, resolving merge-conflicts, merge-tool, commit, tag creation, snapshots, open source tools.
- Pulled code from development line using cherry-pick, creating a tag, and pushing it to main line using GIT version control after integration and build.
- Played a very important role as SCM engineer in handling entire builds. Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents & Databases.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the Continuous Integration process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Created Release Plan, definition, collection, analysis, and presentation of release project metrics.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Used Nexus for periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery, sharing artifacts and handling dependency management within the company.
- Worked with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Dealt with JIRA as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Deployed the applications to Web Sphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to apache web servers.
- Responsible for WebLogic, JBOSS support and monitoring various applications deployed on Linux and windows platforms.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, AWS, JIRA, RHEL, Ubuntu, Git, Docker, Ruby, Shell Script, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Linux, Nexus, python script, Apache Tomcat, Perl.