- Around 8+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure of AWS (Amazon Web Services) and computing AMI virtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Good Knowledge of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS experience in AWS Cloud with DynamoDB, S3 Buckets, MySQL.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Hands on experience in Installing VMware ESXi, and Configuring ESXi hosts, Managing vCenters, and Data stores.
- Experienced on Task Scheduling/Cron Jobs, Systems backup, OS installation using Jumpstart for RHEL.
- Experience in configuration of DNS, DHCP, NFS, LVM, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced with Disk Management Tools such as SVM, ZFS, VxVM in Solaris, and LVM in RHEL.
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family.
- Good knowledge on ELB, RDS, EBS security groups, firewall and Route 53.
- Integrated applications to ADFS 2.0 and ADFS 3.0 in order to enable seamless true single sign - on (sso) capabilities
- Deploying a DC/OS cluster with ACS and containerized applications.
- Deploying clusters, custom clusters and extending the ACS- Engine. Deploy ACS cluster into resource group using cli.
- Deploying a Linux Kubernetes Clusters with ACS from the Azure CLI.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks. Expertise in deploying Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured Source Control for Azure Automation Account, Created PowerShell Runbooks which was checked in for source control, version history, management, and security.
- Configured and deployed the Operations Management Suite (OMS) for monitoring and change tracking.
- Configured DSC configurations to deploy Web Servers to Azure VMs. Configured Azure Automation DSC configuration management to assign permissions through RBAC, assign nodes to proper automation accounts and DSC configurations, to get alerted on any changes made to nodes and their configuration.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users.
- Deployed the initial Azure components like Azure Virtual Networks, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Storage and Affinity groups.
- Expertise in deploying Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Experienced on creating Azure VM, Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Expertise to orchestrate the data to and from Data Lake Store using Azure Data factory.
- Used Azure BLOB to access required files and Azure Storage Queues to communicate between related processes.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365). Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS platform. Configured AD connect to configure federation with on-premises ADFS and Azure AD.Experience is using Microsoft Azure, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), and Perforce.
- Experienced on several Docker components like Docker Engine, swarm, creating docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensive experience using Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experience in working with ANT Scripts, Maven for deployment and running test suites for various firm wide applications.
- Experienced with Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue track.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Windows XP 2000/2003/2008
Programming Languages: C, C++, Core Java, Linux, Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby
Virtualization: VMWare ESXi
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Water Fall
Version Control System: GIT, SVN, TFS, Clear Case, Perforce
Networking: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP, TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, LAN, WAN, Routers/Switches
Build tools: Ant, Maven
CI and CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack, Open Shift
Web/Application Servers: Web logic, JBoss, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, IIS
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Graphite
Database: Oracle Database, SQL SERVER, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
DevOps / Azure Engineer
Confidential - Indianapolis
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Rundeck, Jenkins, and enable release and operations automation using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templets and writing playbook for that role.
- Hands on experience in writing Ansible scripts and used Ansible for configure Tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Experience in writing and deploying various Ansible playbooks and modules in the Production and pre-production environments.
- Design, Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions in accordance with the HA and DR requirements of the enterprise Hosting environment, Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Adjusted the application to have it working on Azure properly.
- Set-up a continuous build process in Visual Studio Team Services to automatically build on new check-in of code then deploy that new build to the Azure Web application.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Involved in Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Azure and setting up communication with the help of endpoints.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Migrated SQL Server 2012 to Azure SQL Server and Created LPARs for new servers.
- Selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data, or security requirements and leveraging Azure SDKs to interact with Azure services from your application.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Created playbooks for deployments and bug fixes with Ansible
- Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible.
- Automated the deployments using Jenkins and its respective dependency plugins.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Experienced in building Jenkins pipelines for troubleshooting the environment issues in operations side.
- Integrated third party user directory access using SAML tokens for Single Sign On (SSO) with Active directory.
- Injecting Groovy scripts in Jenkins for dashboard and customized email triggers.
- Worked on creating repositories in GIT Stash for multiple applications Configured GIT repositories in CI setup in Jenkins.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Code Coverage- Installed SONAR on Jenkins server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Used Jenkins, Ansible, shell scripts to automate the code deployment and automation of continuous integration infrastructure (GIT and Nexus were also used in this process)
- For the deployment artifacts Nexus Artifactory implementation Maven release plugin Hudson job.
- Worked on using a GIT branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: Ansible, Jenkins, Rundeck, YAML, Maven, Java/J2EE, GIT, SAML, Linux, Groovy, Azure, Nexus, GitHub, CentOS, UNIX, JIRA.
Sr. DevOps / Azure Engineer
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and ChefSpec and used Ohai to collect attributes on node.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Used Chef to manage configuration on connected server. Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment & development.
- Experience on Configuring the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments via Chef.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experienced in designing and developing automation and other IT Process Automation capabilities with the AWS platform.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, and Traffic Manager.
- Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure and Azure Storage. Configured and deployed the Operations Management Suite (OMS) for monitoring and change tracking.
- Experience in configuring Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup and Azure Automation.
- Deploying the Virtual Machines with the Microsoft Monitoring Agent / Operational Management Suite (OMS) Extension using the PowerShell Scripts.
- Monitored OMS Log Analytics in Azure Security Center for Trouble shooting the Compute, Storage, Networking & Applications.
- Worked on integrating virtual machines into OMS by deploying OMS agent. Created Automated Scripts for Azure Monitor to get the alerts for Activity logs.
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on storages like Blob (Page and Block), Sql Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Deployed and hosted Web Applications in Azure, created Application insights for monitoring the Application.
- Worked on Server less services (Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Application s using the VSTS.
- Worked on Azure AD connect to sync on-premises AD user data, groups and organizations to Azure AD and troubleshoot Azure services sync with on premise AD and re sync using the Azure tools.
- Implementation of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory for single sign on, authentication, authorization and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Strong Experience on Administration and Troubleshooting of Azure IAAS Components (VM, Storage, VNET, OMS, NSG, Site to Site VPN, RBAC, Load Balancers, Availability Sets).
- Experience in setting up cluster environment for load balancing and high availability of Windows servers.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure in DR on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault and Azure backups. Working knowledge on Azure Fabric, IoT & Docker containers in Azure. Created Domain Controller in one of the Virtual Machine and added users to Domain Controller.
- Implemented Vnet Peering between the Virtual Machines within the same Location. Enabling Disk Encryption using Certificates for IaaS Virtual machines for OS and Data Volumes.
- Experience in automating day-to-day activities by using Windows PowerShell for Creating VM's, Virtual Networking, VPN, Key Vault, Load balancer and Disk Encryption.
- Excellent knowledge in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Created job chains with Jenkins Job Builder, Parameterized Triggers, and target host deployments. Utilized many Jenkins plugins and Jenkins API.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban code Deploy with Patterns/Release, GIT, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for advanced deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments
- Installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and integrated with project maven script.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build. xmls and Pom.xmls.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Involved in NoSQL database design, integration and implementation.
- Worked on monitoring and tuning of SQL scripts and long running queries.
- Involved in Performance Optimization of SQL Server stored procedures and Analysis Serviced.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers in MY SQL for lowering traffic between servers & clients.
- Used PHP to handle the administration of MYSQL over the World Wide Web.
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Expert level experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
Environment: Chef, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, Java/J2EE, GIT, Github, WebLogic, Docker, Nexus, Python, Bash, Ohai, Chef Server, Tomcat, nginx, CentOS, Unix, JIRA, Sonar.
Build & Release Engineer
Confidential - Fremont, CA
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules.
- Administered Puppet Enterprise to provision multi-platform virtual machine configurations across multiple-platform environment Servers dedicated for building, deploying as well as for development, test and production systems.
- Built a load-balanced, version-controlled, Hiera/r10k-enabled Puppet environment.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing Puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet.
- Setup Production administration/monitoring/reporting using Puppet. Designed and implemented Puppet templates.
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Implemented JShint/JSlint testing tool to automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Created Jobs in Jenkins and set up global permission and scheduling jobs in pole SCM.
- Setup NFS servers as Openshift storage backend and configured various storage claims for developers.
- Setup and management of Openshift environment and responsible for the expansion to support a scalable environment.
- Used GIT as source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, saving changes for later (Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, etc.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Oracle Fusion Middleware applications using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Jenkins & Build Pipelines, ANT, Maven.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using Bash/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
Environment: Puppet, Heira, Vagrant, Bash, Ant, Maven, AntHill, Java/J2EE, Shell, Ubuntu, Openshift, JSLint, GIT, Github, Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache.