- Over 8+ years of experience through various job roles like System and Linux Administrator, Build and Release Engineer, Cloud/DevOps engineer.
- Expertise skills in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on Cloud environments and On - Premise Data centers. Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) wif the principles and practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, also experienced in Agile Testing Methodologies & Validations to ensure Quality Assurance Control.
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu).
- Specialized in Configuring Physical Volumes, Volume groups, logical volumes and file systems on Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu Linux
- Experience in migrating On-premise infrastructure to cloudplatforms like AWS and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting and building solutions leveraging DevOps tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Ansible and Chef etc.
- Experience in creating instances using AWS EC2, Google cloud platform, Azure.
- Hands on Experience in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Terraform.
- Good experience in other Amazon web services which includes EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, VPC, EBS, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, cloud watch.
- Worked on AWS EBS Volumes, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch services.
- TEMPHas experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven and ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed and implemented Nexus binary repository and process. Configured pom.xml files to publish the artifacts into Nexus repository as part of the continuous integration (CI) process.
- Experienced in using Ansible as a configuration management tool and developed Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx and other applications.
- Experience wif container-based deployments using Docker, working wif Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries. Used Docker to define and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Used Kubernetes / Docker Swarm for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, providing container-centric infrastructure.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
Operating systems: Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, Red hat, Windows.
Automation and Configuration Management Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Cloud Formation template, Terraform
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Google cloud
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, MSBuild.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Jboss, Websphere.
Version control tools: GIT, GIT-lab, Bitbucket, GitHub, Subversion (SVN)
Database System: Introductory noledge of SQL and PL-SQL for PostgreSQL, and Oracle
Web servers: Apache, nginx.
Virtualization Technologies: VM, Vagrant.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk.
Programming Languages: C, C#, Java.
Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software through Shell scripts.
- Designed & implemented VPC service for extension of on-premises datacenter wif AWS Cloud using VPN & Direct connect services.
- As a DevOps Engineer supported multiple teams for multiple applications including .Net and Java/J2EE.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS Services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production servers/storage using AWS cloudwatch.
- Launched Docker containers on EC2 instance, managing them in Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Used Jenkins for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end to end builds and deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Different types of Jobs created for Multiple Projects worked using Build Pipelines and Deploy into various environments using the Maven and other Tools.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components wif scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Automated the cloud deployments using AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Perl & Shell (bash) to automate jobs.
- Deploy Ansible and Jenkins to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes DNS, and S3.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup.
- Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and TEMPhas integrated Ansible wif Jenkins.
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly using Ansible.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for Micro-service using Ansible.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. dis primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and Elastic Search, Kibana and Log stash (ELK) images etc. and handled the containerized deployment using Kubernetes.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through testing, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Established AWS Route53 to manage DNS zones globally as well as to give public DNS names to ELB and Cloud Front for Content Delivery.
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Configuring JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/Issue tracker.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, Cloud watch, Elb, Autoscaling, IAM, VPC), GIT, GITHUB, MAVEN, Jenkins, Ansible, Tomcat, Apache Webserver, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell Scripting.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Fairfield, IA
- Managed multiple cookbooks in Chef and Implemented environments, roles, and templates inChef for better environment management.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef using Ruby scripting language.
- Used Shell scripts to day to day activities and tasks for automating.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers, and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNSzones, monitoring.
- Used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integratetests and display reports
- Owned build farm and produced TEMPeffective multiple branch builds to support parallel development
- Owned Release to Production Process, gatheird approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAsbefore going to PROD
- Performed a few Database administration tasks on Oracle server like DB Creation, DBbackup/restores, shrinking space etc.
- Build, Configure, Manage and Coordinate all Build and Release Management activities.
- Managed application deployment for complex projects including systems integration.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating Nexus.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Docker and AWS CloudTemplates, build-pipeline- plugin.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins master and slave nodes. Built CI/CD pipeline and managing theinfrastructure as code using chef
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment. And used Chef Recipes to create
- a Deployment directly into EC2 instances.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good noledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, Auto scaling groups, Optimized Volumes, VPC instances, LAMBDA and EBS etc.
- Created repositories according the structure required wif branches, tags and trunks
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and Git.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to Apache web servers.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations andplug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker
- Working experience of deployment of Java applications through WebLogic/WebSphereApplication servers
- Coordinate/assist developers wif establishing and applying appropriate branching,labelling/naming conventions using Git
Environment: Shell Scripting, Jira, Bamboo, GIT, WebSphere, Web Logic, Ruby, Confluence, Visual Build, C# .Net, ANT, Tomcat Apache, Jenkins, Chef, J2EE, Web sphere.
Confidential, RedwoodCity, CA
- Build artifacts (WAR and EAR&) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating theWLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development,QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Continuous Integration of builds using Jenkins, Migration of build system Ant to Maven andmanaging the build system.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins tomove from one environment to other environments.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during buildaudit process.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Developed Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Installed and Configured Continuous jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in using JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
- Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN,
- Hudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVENHudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting.
- Collaborated wif Development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment wif the use of Ant and continuous build and delivery tools.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool SVN.
- Using GIT (Stash) tool as the source code repositories for all projects and Artifactory for all builds (OSM/UIM) release repository.
- Setup and support of source code repositories. Also, creation of development branches and merge code across branches as need for supporting all software development teams
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins wif ANT/Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share
- Using Jira, Confluence as the project management tools.
- Troubleshooting all build problems, using ClearQuest as the bug tracking system, posting all-noing issues of the build on JIRA for supporting all developer teams.
- Executing the build images' sanity and stability test for supporting the QA team
- Artifacts cross projects and environments.
- Working on all phase of the software release process, me.e. warping up the release documents, the release build /test cases packages, bug notes etc. syncing up QA team and uploading to server for the customers.
Environment: Centos, Red hat, SVN, git, Artifactory, Nexus, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, ANT, MAVEN.
- Assist in installing and configuring of CentOS.
- Configuring, administering, and maintaining of VMware ESX/ESXi including Virtual servers.
- Installed, maintained Red Hat Linux servers, and updated and patched virtual machines wifin the company.
- Created back up, LVM configuration, monitoring servers and on call supports.
- Troubleshoot and maintained DNS application
- Setup of NFS and Samba file sharing services on Linux and Windows client servers.
- Assist in creating and managing users, groups, and assign permission control to files.
- Assisted in Configuring Volume groups, logical volumes, and file systems on Red Hat Linux.
- Assisted in installation and configuration of Kickstart and Jumpstart for Red Hat Linux 3/4servers.
- Assist in system optimization and performance check as required.
- Automates workflow orchestration, software provisioning, configuration management, and applications deployment in an efficient manner wif the use of Shell scripts.
- Maintenance of servers, printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Manage the repair and maintenance of computers for employees including new users.
- Served as a highly rated team support member wifin the technical support mainframe.
- Oversees Incidents and Service Request end-to-end for all allocated users.
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of both hard and software system issues.
- Document help desk tickets/resolutions and maintained equipment inventory lists.