- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry wif a major focus on AWS DevOps operations, Linux/Unix and VMware administration, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards automating, building, deploying, managing and releasing of code tightly maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment across multiple/distributed environments.
- Experienced on Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).
- Experienced in deploying Java and .net applications to cloud by utilizing various AWS cloud services like AWS Code Deploy, Route53, EBS, S3, EC2, Cloud Formation, ECS, SNS, Lambda, SQS, Cloud Front, and Auto Scaling.
- Experienced in ELK (Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana) for centralized logging and tan store logs and metrics into an S3 bucket using Lambda function and Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- A unique experience wif Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues wif platform components, and developing global/multi - regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and AWS.
- Experienced wif deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE. Also managed Clusters wif various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource Groups and monitored via remotely run scripts Ambari, Azure Data Factory and Blobs.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Extensively used Google stack-driver for monitoring the logs of both GKE and GCP instances and configured alerts from Stack-driver for some scenarios.
- Experience in working wif Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code (IAAC), Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform, Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and in writing the infrastructure automation scripts in Python, Cloud formation, and Terraform.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Migration, Upgrades, Patches, Troubleshooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x, Debian, CentOS, and SuseOS.
- Managed version control tools like SVN, GIT, and Bit-bucket for branching, merging and resolving conflicting errors.
- Expertise in Java build tools like ANT, MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code and MS-Build for .Net.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and expertise in areas like Unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment Management, Service/Change Management, Incident Management
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring. Also deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & Configuration Management (CM) using puppet.
- Experience in configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Possess working noledge of Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process wif Chef and Puppet.
- Worked wif Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Experience in writing complex Chef Cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Experienced in deploying Ansible & Jenkins to completely provision and manage EC2 instances, volumes DNS & S3.
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin Versions, Hands on experience wif Bash, Perl, Python, and Ruby scripting.
- Experience working wif the OpenShift Enterprise which allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a self-manage cloud environment.
- Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and Red-Hat. Created Jenkins workflows using a Groovy script to automate entire build and deployment process
- Experience wif installation, configuration of Kubernetes, clustering and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Experience in using containerization tools like Docker for deployment and build web applications, those can run consistently across any machine, have noledge of containerization orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Experienced building Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro-services builds out to the Docker registry and tan deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Experience in using JFROG and Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for builds. Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, and Bamboo for continuous integration to automate all builds and deployments.
- Experience using Mongo DB third-party tools (ROBO MONGO, Mongo DB access manager) and mongo-built in binaries to monitor and analyze the performance of Mongo DB.
- Extensive experience in JIRA for creating bugs tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from the dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and in-depth noledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Expertise in managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure using Nagios. Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Managed to work in different environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT, and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in documenting the process of code promotion, defect tracking and user guide for Subversion. And also responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP),Open Stack
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE, Ubuntu), Solaris, DEBAIN, Windows.
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby and PowerShell.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Bitbucket.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere.
Web Servers: Tomcat Apache, JBoss and Web Logic, Web Sphere, Nginx.
Automation & Configuration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Saltstack, Docker, Vagrant, Terraform.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Mesos, Open shift.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
Virtualization Technologies: VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, KVM.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios,CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, SonarQube, Ant, MS Build.
Bug Tracking Tools: Code Commit, JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy.
Artifact: Jfrog, Nexus
Sr. DEVOPS & CLOUD ENGINEER
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling, AMI, and IAM through AWS console and API Integration wif Chef Code.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Implemented AWS Route53 to manage DNS zones globally & to give public DNS names to ELB's and Cloud front for Content Delivery also Implemented Route 53 in effectively coordinating the load balancing & scaling functions.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems for the customers to use Rights Management System.
- Planned, designed and configured Hybrid cloud which enabled servers containing highly sensitive data on-premise while connecting wif servers migrated to AWS Cloud.
- Performed AWS cloud deployments for web-apps running on AWS Elastic Bean Stalk (EBS) wif monitored using Cloud-watch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Created Cloud-watch alerts for instances & using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Designed and developed architecture plan to create the Azure Cloud environment to host migrated IaaS, VMs and PaaS role instances for refactored applications and databases.
- Launched Database for MySQL 5.x and Oracle 11.x using RDS in multiple Available zones have set up monitoring for CPU Utilization and limited DB connections by implementing alarms using Cloud-watch.
- Using Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure and migration from traditional to cloud environment. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers.
- Access Control Lists (ACL) are properly maintained and configured to restrict the flow of traffic to different EC2 instances located in different subnets.
- Bootstrapped and managed multi-tier AWS infrastructure by using custom JSON Cloud-Formation Templates, also automated the cloud deployments using Server-less, Groovy, and AWS Cloud-Formation Templates.
- Worked on creating custom VPC configurations and Cloud-Formation templates for rapid deployments, High Availability and well-Architected Frameworks for the Cloud.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds, Promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Integrated GIT wif Bitbucket to develop a centralized online repository and create Pipelines and IP Whitelisting.
- Worked on utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from GIT and use Maven to Build war/jar artifacts.
- Developed build and Deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins for environment transitions, also modified build configuration files including Maven’s pom.xml. Maintained Build Related scripts developed in Maven, Python, and Shell & automated the software development process using Jenkins.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web-Sphere Application Servers. Integrated builds wif Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and find bugs.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, and backups, also written wrapper scripts to automate the deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef-client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef Continuous Integration, and Rake for the style.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Used file module in Ansible to edit files on remote systems. Used Ansible Tower for running playbook streams in real-time.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins. Also used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro-services builds out to the Docker registry and tan deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elastic search (ELK Stack) through Logstash.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Worked on the setup of various dashboards, reports, and alerts in Splunk, also used for Log analyzing and improving the performance of servers
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
Environment: AWS, Azure, MySQL, Oracle, Cloud-watch, Groovy, Bash, Python, Boto3, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, GIT, Bitbucket, Maven, Tomcat, Apache, Web-sphere, Cobertura, PMD, Chef, Ansible, Linux, Rake, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Nagios, Splunk, GIT.
DEVOPS & CLOUD ENGINEER
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud-Formation.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, dis script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Solid understanding of Project Life Cycle Management and strong experience on working of AGILE Methodologies. Good understanding of Agile tools Rally, tracking status and setting up velocities for the projects.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects. Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Jenkins wif build tools Maven, Ant, and Gradle.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/GIT and use Ant/Maven to build war/ear artifacts.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Tomcat Apache Web Server and Web-Sphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Implemented automation wif Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item dat was under CM control.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB wif Chef Cookbooks.
- Deployed web applications using Puppet by developing the manifests. Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments required running the project. Automated configuration and deployment of Linux and Windows machines using Puppet.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on AWS & configuration management using Puppet, Also worked on Installation and configure Mongo DB Cluster nodes on different AWS EC2 instances.
- Worked on Docker Hub, created Docker images and handled multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration. Created Linux containers in CoreOs and Docker and Automated system using Chef.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the Test and DEV-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers. Testing and deployment automation wif Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet.
- Managed a PAAS for deployments using Docker and Mesos which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Collaborated wif development and Support teams to set up a Continuous Delivery environment wif the use of Docker, continuous build and Delivery tools.
- Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture; utilizing Docker technology.
- Working on creating various types of indexes on different collections to get good performance in Mongo database and extracted files from Mongo DB through Sqoop and placed in HDFS and processed it using Hive.
- High exposure to Remedy, Bugzilla and JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes in change management.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet and Chef. Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring. Writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, Mesos, Chef, Puppet, Svn, GIT, AWS, Docker, Tomcat Apache, Vagrant, Ant, Gradle, Python, Agile, Rally, Maven, CoreOs, Remedy, Bugzilla, Jira, Nagios, Mongo DB.
AWS & DEVOPS ENGINEER
Confidential, Merrill, WI
- Developed & implemented S/W Release Management strategies for various apps according to the agile process.
- Gave users access to the AWS server wif the right permission and also ensure dat our sudoers file has the proper permission and also give sudoers permission to specific users using puppet master server
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet dat included the installation and configuration of the Puppetmaster, agent nodes, and an admin control workstation.
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping & actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Integration of Puppet wif Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Utilized CM Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Solid understanding of Linux shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principals.
- Involved in writing Maven’s pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases wif the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in multiple environments.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release of JIRA Application.
- Worked on Tomcat, JBOSS, and Web Logic and Web-Sphere Application servers for deployments.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining a log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor and Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Coordinate/assist developers wif establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, wif a current focus on cloud-based application and giving a solution to challenges imposed by multi-data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: Agile, AWS, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Web Logic, TOMCAT, Perl Scripts, XML, UNIX, JIRA, Web Sphere, Nagios.
BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEr
- As a B & R Engineer handled different development teams and a number of simultaneous software releases.
- Configured and maintained Apache web server from open source wif Java and Tomcat.
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on LINUX platform
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution also Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process & used Jenkins for automating Builds & Deployments.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN. Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT. Used both GIT and Bit-bucket source control systems to manage code.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Responsible to perform Build operations wif ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance wif requirements
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published and configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts wifin the company.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating wif Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead, and QA Team Lead.
- Experience working wif Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppetmaster, agents & Databases & Dealt JIRA as ticket tracking and workflow tool.
- Integration of Puppet wif Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Ant, Jenkins, Linux, Maven, Java, Puppet, Python, Test Manager, Apache Tomcat.
- Installed, Configured, Upgraded and administered CentOS and Ubuntu on remote and desktop servers.
- Created and modified users and groups using SUDO permissions.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Creation and administration of virtual machines using VMware and Virtual Box.Configured and connected to SSH through SSH clients like Putty.
- Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on requirement.
- Used LVM on Linux to create volumes wif layouts like RAID.
- Administrating responsibilities which include user, group, and disk and security management and file sharing permissions, also Fine-tuned Servers and configured networks for optimum performance.
- Performed Linux System Administration routines, a swap partition, and file system changes, system booting and recovery. Production support of Apache, PHP, MYSQL installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in working wif IT security team to handle the responsibility of firewall administration.
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing, and Integration of the application.
- Implemented business logic and database connectivity Also Client-side installation and configuration of the project.
- Developed using simple Struts for validation of user input as per the business logic and initial data loading.
- Writing database queries on Oracle 9i and Co-coordinated Application testing wif the halp of the testing team.
- Writing stored procedures, Packages, Views, Cursors, Functions, and triggers using SQL on the back end.
- Worked wif business teams using the agile methodology to integrate business line of apps wif SOA in a seamless fashion & Used Hibernate for Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and data persistence.
- Wrote SQL commands and Stored Procedures to retrieve data from Oracle database.
- Developed REST APIs using Web API and developed web services using Restful web services, WSDL, and XML.
- Developed the app using Singleton, Business Delegate, and Data Transfer Object design patterns in the project.
- Created and implemented Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and complex queries using SQL.
- Worked wif Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and Asynchronous Communication.
- Used log4j for logging and SVN for version control.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities and take on projects wif limited specifications. Effective team player wif excellent logical and analytical abilities.