- Working as a Passionate Developer with overall 7 Years of extensive experience as a Service - Now Developer as well as development and documentation of various applications using Java, engaged in several projects at different phases of Implementation, Up-gradation and Post production support in a highly customized environment.
- Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM)frameworks and demonstrated project management skills and experience working directly with Customers and Clients.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality management systems and project life cycle processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the technical implementation of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Configuration Management, Service Catalog, Reporting, Discovery and Integrations.
- Good understanding of IT Help Desk and Service management along with good understanding of the ITIL.
- Worked with Record Producers, Order Guides, Work Flows and Orchestration in Service Catalog Management.
- Extensive experience in working with User Management including Users, Groups, Roles and Access Control Lists (ACL).
- Developed Business Rules, Client Scripts, Catalog Client Scripts, UI actions and UI Policies.
- Migrated code between environments using Update Sets. Knowledge on Merging Update sets and Retrieving Completed Update Sets using Update Sources.
- Excellent knowledge in Configuring Email Notifications and Scripting Inbound Email actions.
- Implemented UAT activities in coordination with business units and prepared and maintained process and system based documentation.
- Integrated with Active Directory using LDAP for authentication and loaded users, groups and roles into Service Now.
- Involved in running the daily and weekly jobs to push the data into the application using Import Sets and Transform Maps.
- Worked on Discovery and set up mid servers and checked for the connectivity.
- Created Configuration items (CI), Service catalog for Service portals.
- Created and maintained change management requests for assigned implementations and managing the change process.
- Configured workflows and created automated scripts for automated approval for events.
- Managed and coordinated activities during the overall ticket of lifecycle in incident and problem management.
- Developed various Email templates as per the User requirements and worked on the Email notifications.
- Developed new Service catalog items and fixed bugs in incident, problem and change management.
- Deployed checklist and test case document preparation.
- Expertise in testing Service Now forms and reports for correct mapping of the objects and data correctness.
Tools: Service Level Agreement 7.x, Change Management 7.5x/6.x/5.x, Asset Management 7.5x/6.x/5.x,Remedy ARS 9.0/8.1/7.6.x/7.x/6.x, Dublin and Calgary versions, Help Desk 7.5x/7.X/6.x/5.x, S Help Desk 7.5.x/7.x/6.x,, SRM 7.x,ITSM 8.1/7.6.x/6.x, CMDB 2.x/7.x, Mid-Tier Remedy, Remedy Migrator 7.x, Remedy Import 7.x, Remedy AR Suite, Remedy Approval Server Service Level Agreement7.x, Knowledge Management and Document Management.
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Data Reports, Business Intelligence and Reporting Tool(BIRT).
AppServers/ Middleware: WebSphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, Jboss
IDE Tools: Eclipse, Netbeans, Oracle JDeveloper, Java ScriptVisual Studio, DreamweaverCS3(9.0)
Operating System: UNIX, AIX, Windows NT/98, Windows XP/7/8.
MICROSOFT TOOLS: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Works, Outlook, MS Visio, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Outlook express
Version Control: SVN, PVCS, CVS
Confidential - TX
Sr. Service Now Developer/Admin
- Configure and customize Incident Management and Problem Management applications to meet Business Requirements
- Designed and implemented custom classes for enabling dynamic Inbound REST calls which was not provided by ServiceNow.
- Create Order Guides according to the client requirement.
- Maintained and administered the implemented instance of ServiceNow modules including: Incident, Change, Problem, and service Catalog.
- Writing Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies and UI Actions to customize the instance as per Business needs
- Create and load catalog items and record producers.
- Developed a website using JavaServlets and REST Web services for the credit card payment through PayPal API
- Worked on the latest release Istanbul which is the advanced release and discovered ServiceNow upgrades
- Worked on customizing user interface including forms, lists and created record producers for incident and change management in Helsinki and Istanbul version
- Created various front-end forms, and associated Client Scripts, UI Policies, including advanced customizations that require modifications of UI Pages/Macros.
- Build reports, gauges and home pages.
- Helped customer realize business value from CA Clarity PPM tool. Designed and implemented PPM solutions for Project Management, Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Time Management,
- Define processes to monitor and evaluate the performance of key Portfolio components. Analyzing risks and benefits during "Phase Gate reviews"
- Optimize and Balance the Portfolio for performance and value delivery. Evaluate Trade-offs of Portfolio objectives- balancing of short-term goals against long-term goals.
- Create and use update sets to move customization between systems.
- Search, populate and customize the knowledge base.
- Involved in providing Implementation and production support for service Catalog, Asset Management, Knowledge Management modules.
- Integrated Twilio with ServiceNow for Voice Alert Notification using REST API.
- Handles incident resolution for ServiceNow instances and tenants including troubleshooting and patching.
- Assisted in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Managed users and groups access rights, business rules, global controls and scripting.
- Configuration of Email Notification and Alerts to notify users about specific activities in the system.
- Developed operational requirements documentationand train operational staff to maintain solution.
Environment: Service-now Asset, c hange Mgmt, CSS, HTML, Web Services, CMDB, MS SQL server 2008, Angular, Ajax Service Oriented Arch, Web Services, File builder, Service-now Module Testing..
Confidential, Nashville - TN
Service Now Developer
- Involved in analysis of end user requirements and business rules based on given documentation and worked closely with tech leads and Business analysts in understanding the current ServiceNow system.
- Developed solutions in the Service-Now platform that are ITILV3 compliant and defined business solutions for ITIL users.
- Setup the process for Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Asset Management and Service Catalog.
- Mainly usedPython alongside using various libraries such as matplotlib for charts and graphs, MySQL dB for database connectivity,Python -twitter, PySide, Pickle, Pandas data frame, network.
- Developed an embedded software data driven test automation framework in Linux/Python. Designed test cases and authored test plans.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed inPython and Bash.
- UsedPython with OpenStack, OpenERP (now, ODOO), SQL Alchemy, DJango CMS etc.
- Provide team guidance from agile experience/learning and day-to-day support to the scrum team.
- Configured SiteMinder web agents, Affiliate agents and RADIUS agents to provide federation of webservices in the SSO environment.
- Involved in coding the Business Rules (Server-Side Scripting), Client Scripts (Client-Side Scripting), Script includes in the ServiceNow.
- Worked on Project and Portfolio Management tool (PPM) for Budgeting. (Actual vs. Forecasting)
- Set up the SLA for the incident, problem, change management processes as per the requirement
- Worked with business analyst to create and modify Service Catalogs and Request Workflow Designs.
- Designing the Content Management System for Varian system which involved CSS, Service catalogs
- Responsible for creating various workflows for Incident Management, Change Management, Service Requests and SLA's.
- Created API's using SOAP. Created RITM using SOAP API and not with catalog task.
- Involved in migration between various ServiceNow instances using Update Sets
- Worked on loading the data into ServiceNow using import sets
- Imported Configuration Items(CI) from third party applications using import set tables
- Experience in configuring email notifications in ServiceNow
- Worked on creating users, roles, groups and Configured LDAP Server and LDAP Listener for updating the user and group table record
- Responsible for creating homepages including basic reporting, gauge configuration and dashboard presentation.
- Created Order Guides for New Employee and Contractor On boarding, Terminating Employee and Transfer of Employees.
- Involved in running the daily and weekly jobs to push the data into the application using Import Sets and Transform Maps.
- Loaded Assets and Configuration Items, Created relationships between Cis and Assets
- Provide training on Service-Now process, operations and capability to all required teams.
- Involved in production support for all the Service-Now related issues.
Environment: Service-Now, Asset Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Fire eye, HTML, Java script, Python, CSS, CMDB.
Confidential, San Jose - CA
Service Now Developer/Admin
- Assisting client implementing the MSP (Managed Service Provider) instance for ServiceNow and Domain separation for ServiceNow Instances.
- Working with client and functional requirements within ServiceNow, facilitating rollout of new applications and modules.
- Assist in the definition of business requirements and provide definitions and updates of system design documentation.
- Designed Workflows, along with standard Workflow templates, which can be reused.
- Supported the team responsible for the implementation and administration of the ServiceNow installation, including managing system configurations, gathered and documented user and process requirements, developed workflow customizations, and performed quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Implement ServiceNow customization including, but not limited to, Client Scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Script Includes, Business Rules, workflow administration, report setup, and data imports and exports.
- ServiceNow application development; including creation and configuration of Service Catalogs, Email Notifications, Data imports, exports and Reports.
- Worked on CMDB and Asset management. Performed Data migration to import data from other applications and external databases.
- Designed many email templates by using html and jelly scripting and used them in notifications
- Worked with windows team, network team and Asset team in order to check for the data collected through discovery is accurate.
- Created Data Sources from various external applications, scripts to parse incoming data and transform into ServiceNow.
- Worked on end to end implementation of various third-party monitoring tool Integrations, Supported the team with the work flow of the integrations.
- Designed and delivered technical methodologies around the Service Nowplatform.
- Gathered requirement from stake holders for attributes needed to developServiceCatalog items.
- Worked with clients to assess current state processes and tools, defined Service Nowrequirements and developed and configured the Service Now platform.
- Created the performance analytic dashboards, widgets for users to see the appropriate data.
- Granted access to the required users and groups to access the dashboards.
- Created multiple tab dashboards and widgets with single source.
- Worked with automated, manual and formula indicators.
- Created various frontend forms, and associated Client Scripts, UI policies, Business rules and Script Includes.
- Exporting and Importing tables, workflows, update sets data from one instance to the other.
- Created roles, views and user groups pertaining to the use cases. ( Fuji and Eureka).
- Worked on establishing Links to knowledge based articles on Fuji and Eureka.
- Wrote Jelly Scripts for all the notifications, Content Management and also business rules. ( Fuji and Eureka)
- Designed Workflows, along with standard Workflow templates which can be reused.
Environment: Service Now Fuji/Geneva, HTML5, Java Script, JSON, SOAP, Web services, MS SQL Server, Integration, SCRUM.
- Developed custom applications to support the trouble ticketing, Change tickets which includes Service availability checking and Notification system to send notifications on different states of tickets to support users and end users.
- Customized Archiving functionality triggered on a time to maintain historical data of Parent and Child relationships forms in AR System.
- Extensively worked with AR System object like Forms, Active Links, Active Link Guides, Filters, Filter Guides, Escalations and Menus.
- Involved in support processes including the ability to submit, monitor, and manage help desk cases, change requests.
- Migrated Remedy work flow objects and data using Remedy Migrator tool between different servers.
- Developed consuming and publishing web services using WSDL, SOAP, XML to establish communication between Remedy and an external system for automating status update of Help desk tickets.
- Involved in Design, Development and Implementation of a custom change Approval process.
- Configured custom notifications for different support groups and for different events of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management modules.
- Involved in configuring AREA LDAP authentication with Active Directory.
- Created and scheduled various Reports using Crystal Reports and AR system reports for end users.
- Worked on Sql queries to retrieve information from database as needed and worked on Linux operating system to check various log files.
- Good experience working with Unix/Linux environment by using different commands to get into different directories and checking log files.
- Assisted Team leads and Project managers in managing SDLC which includes Requirements gathering and Project Planning, Generate Design, Functional Specs and Test scripts.
- Performed Unit Testing and System Integrated testing on Remedy Custom applications and debugging to fix issues.
- Responsible for 24/7 admin activities Such as application support, performance tuning of AR System, Database, Server maintenance, patch maintenance work, etc.
Environment: Agile(Scrum) Methodology, Quality Center 11, Selenium Webdriver, Java, API, Oracle, SQL, Share Point, MS-Office.
- Played an important role in gathering all the requirements for the project.
- Developed web services client interface with JAX-RPC from WSDL files for invoking the methods using SOAP.
- Developed REST full web services for the downstream systems.
- Oracle 11g was used as the database for the application which was hosted in the cloud using Amazon web services.
- Developed the application using Eclipse and used it for editing, debugging, and formatting and build automation.
- Created Stored Procedures and other SQL scripts using PL-SQL.
- Implemented various cross-project functionalities using Spring AOP.
- Generated Hibernate XML files for the configured beans. The business logic was written in EJB DAO classes and the service layer classes were configured in Spring-service.xml.
- Implemented Address normalization using AJAX calls
- Used Spring BOOT to create stand-alone spring applications.
- Used JMS passing the message from one database to another.
- Developed cross browser compatibility code using CSS and jQuery.
- Used Hibernate to create Configuration and Mapping files.
- Developed SOAP based web services to provide services for front-end web.
- Developed Action classes & Servlets to route the submittals to the EJB components.
- Used JUnit framework for Unit testing of application.
- Writing JSP's for user interfaces, JSP's uses Java Beans objects to produce responses.
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Store persistent JMS messages or temporarily store messages sent using the store-and-forward feature.
- Used Hibernate to persist and retrieve data from database.
- Developed JSP custom tags to display data.
- Version maintenance using SVN, GIT.
- Implemented UNIX shell scripting.
- Coordinated with the testing team to find and fix the bugs before production.