- A collaborative engineering professional with 7 years of experience on Build & Release automation, Configuration management, System administration, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management with DevOps development in Windows, Linux and in Cloud across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS.
- Experience in Agile development process with Scrum methodology including scrum retro and daily stand up meets. Proficiency in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodology.
- Daily work includes Release code deployment to Productions environments like DEV, QA, Integration, Prod, Pre - Prod.
- As and DevOps engineer involved in Both Development and Operations parts of the project from setting up the environment and deploying the release code.
- Building all the AWS infrastructure by using the Ansible and by using the Ansible building the Security Groups VPC, ELB, according to the architecture of the project.
- 4 years with Amazon Web Services (AWS) with deep expertise in Amazon's cloud computing offerings.
- Exposure to cloud environments - AWS and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, DNS service Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM and S3.
- Expertise in installation and implementation of configuration management using provision tools like Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansibleand deploying applications.
- Managed applications, OS, packages, services using Ansible in AWS for EC2, S3, and ELB with Ansible Playbooks.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks using YAML scripts for launching different EC2 virtual servers in the cloud using Auto-scaling and Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger. Installed and managed Middleware tools through Puppet such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, IBM IHS, Apache & Tomcat.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash, shell, PERL, YAML and Python scripting languages.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for DEV, QA, Integration, Prod, Pre-Prod environments using ANT, Maven, Shell, Python and Perl scripts.
- Automated routine tasks using Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using SonarQube, Nexus, Confluence, Junit and Ansible part of pipelines.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as a build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Worked in an Agile development Team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
- Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and AWS.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub, GitLab)., Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms
- Expertise in Antifactory management tools like Nexus, JFROG Artifactory etc.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell scripts.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Automated the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Performed deployment and administration of applications on Apache Tomcat Webserver and Application Servers such as Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss, IIS, etc.
- Experience in setting up JIRA tracking tool as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Working Knowledge with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, and IBM Clear quest to resolve the issues at any point in the product lifecycle
- Linux Administration in Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Managing Large-Scale Enterprise Datacenters with core Skills revolving around Complete Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu) administration Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting.
- Skilled with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management
- Monitored the servers using Nagios, Splunk, and checked the Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks to automate the Build of Docker Image, Utilized Jenkins to Auto push to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Experience in containerization using Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on AWS with Ubuntu, CentOS instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Experienced in working with Docker container snapshots, attaching it to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images
- Used Docker Swarm to maintain the cluster of containers and written a Docker compose file in YAML to spin up the containers at the same time.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes and used theKubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
Operating Systems: Amazon Linux AMI, Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat, Debian), Windows
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic & Web Sphere, JBoss, Microsoft IIS server
Languages: Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Python, YAML,HTML, Ruby, JSON, XML, Java, C#, C
Databases: MongoDB, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server
Build/ Automation Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle,MS Build, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, UDeploy, Puppet, Ansible
Version control: GIT (GITHUB), Tortoise SVN
BugTracking/Monitoring/Ticketing Tools: JIRA, Confluence, NAGIOS, Splunk
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Virtualization and Containerization: VMware, Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Confidential, LosAngles, CA
Sr. AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Actively participant in scrummeetings, reporting the progress and maintain good communication with each team member and mangers.
- Detailed Support to Customers of AWS in Design, Develop, Debug, And Migration of on Premises Infrastructure into Public or Private Clouds.
- Experienced with deployments, maintenance, and troubleshooting of applications on AWS involving Provisioning servers, Creating Load balancer, Server monitoring.
- Creating the new environments from scratch from provisioning the servers, installing needed software, certificate creation for communication, installation, and deployment using automated tool Ansible.
- Constructed a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) by Integrating various Version control, build tools and deployment methodologies like Jenkins, Git, Maven, Gradle Subversion and Sonar and modeled and automated Continuous delivery CD using Ansible tools.
- Sprint code promotion to environments from Integration, Prod and UAT environments on biweekly schedule.
- Deployment include applications(micro-services), Database like MongoDB and SQL services.
- Creating playbooks inAnsiblefor configuration and Deployment activities. Automating AWS cloud deployments using Shell script.
- Using Ansibleto manage web applications configuration files with YAML scripting.
- Configuring and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers usingAnsible.
- Hands on experience in EC2, EBS, S3, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC, VPC peering, Security Groups, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, ROUTE53, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for AWS EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Created AWS CLI commands to create Amazon EC2 Container Instances.
- Create AMI images of critical AWS EC2 instances as backup and Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment and networking inside the VPC.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Built and Configured Linux Servers in AWS Cloud Environment and Automating AWS cloud deployments using Shell script andPython.
- Able to create scripts for system administration, AWS using languages such as PowerShell and Python.
- Integrated AWS CloudWatch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Building all the AWS infrastructure and Security Groups VPC, ELB, according to the architecture of the project by using the Ansible.
- UsedGradleas a build tool automating the building, testing, publishing and deployment loading all the dependencies from theJFROGartifact repository.
- Created and presented training materials for Groovy, Unit Testing, the Gradle build framework.
- Creating build slaves, configured and maintained build jobs for build and deployment automation and release processes in Jenkins.
- Deploying and troubleshooting of various Jenkins issues. Installed and uninstalled, upgraded and downgraded various plugins in Jenkins. Involved in Jenkins backups and restores.
- Experienced in setting up Jenkins pipeline jobs for build configurations using groovy.
- Automated Build/Package/ jobs using groovy scripts by using Jenkin.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA projects and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment. Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they upgrade to Jenkins as a part of migration.
- UsedJFROGRepository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build and worked on installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI and CD tool on Linux machines.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Changed build process with Continuous Integration and continuous Deployment with Jenkins job and integrated Junit and JaCoCo code coverage, SonarQube report generation
- Extensively worked with distributed version control system Git in Linux environment for the version control of codes.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Experience working on several Dockercomponents like DockerEngine, Hub, Machine, creating Dockerimages, Compose, DockerRegistry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Proof of Concept for developing application using Node.js.
- Created forms to collect and validate data from the user in HTML5 and ReactJS.
- In my current role, I am driving CI/CD pipeline initiative, maintaining metrics for code quality, analyzing application performance using Dynatrace, performing analytics, Monitoring and Notifications process using ELK stack.
- Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Involved in Installing and configuring Application servers such as Apache, Web logic, Web sphere, JBoss on Linuxserver
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELKstack (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Experience in setting up Kubernetes cluster to orchestrate Docker container deployments to on premise virtual infrastructure.
- Experience in setting monitoring for Docker containers running on Kubernetes using Prometheus and SysDig.
- Experience on Jenkins data collection in Splunk and created Dashboards for failed deployments, Error count, state and reasons.
- Implemented best practices of Agilemethodology to speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linuxenvironments.
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMW are Vm's as required in the environment
- Supporting multiple application teams by providing CI Tools Infrastructure to perform build, deploy, code review, code analysis, store maven artifacts and provide puppet tool infrastructure.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration and deployment and Management tools.
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Install, upgrade and maintain internal Solaris Linux infrastructure with CentOS, MySQL and Apache among other applications and services.
- Installed, configured and administered and integrated Apache Web Server to work with WebLogic JBOSS application server.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers Web logic.
- Enhanced automation needed to provision soft layer infrastructure (Bare Metal, CCI's) using IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
- Managed application deployments to our QA and UAT environments with IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
- Installed, configured & administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines; setup Master-slave architecture to improve performance and used Jenkins, build forge for CI & CD into WebLogic.
- Experienced in setting up Jenkins pipeline jobs for build configurations using groovy.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Prepared test cases and strategies for Unit testing using Junit
- Write system Groovy scripts in Jenkins to automate admin tasks, data backup and logs.
- Experienced in developing Web Services (REST, JSON, XML) with Javaprogramming language.
- Worked with DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Search, Docker.
- Developed puppet to install and configure WebLogic, Jenkins for deployment automation.
- Used JIRA Agile for Creating and managing the tasks to easily monitor the progress of Workflow.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Worked on Deployment and monitoring of scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Created puppet modules to install tools in Linux and mac slaves for running Jenkins builds. Implemented Automated Application Deployment using Puppet.
- Modified the Puppet files according to the requirement of application.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios, with Puppet automation.
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the Salt clients.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Written multiple Python, Perl and Shellscripts for automating various companywide tasks
- Building, deploying Artifacts toNEXUS and copying logs to Amazon S3.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS Cloud.
- Established framework to setup Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins, Nexus.
- Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Managed and Responsible for Linux RedHat 4.x, 5.x,6x CentOS 5.x, 6.x servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting both physical & virtual server problem.
- Responsible for setting up VMware and configuring servers for building and deploying code.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as buildtools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Maven as buildtool on Java projects for the development of buildartifacts on the source code.
- Performed and deployed buildsfor various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolved buildfailures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the buildprocess.
- Set up Jenkinsserver and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git, Junit and Maven
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Experience in testing Webservices using Soaptool, validating WSDL, request and response xml.
- Provided training for end users in using CI Tools (Nexus, Jenkins, GitHub and Confluence).
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Clear Case, SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Maven, Git).
- Expertise in troubleshooting Jenkins builds issues for Java applications.
- Supported Git issues related to merge, clone, access, plugins, hooks, and services.
- Maintaining the daily and nightly build, create and maintaining the continuous integration environment (Jenkins). Documentation of the build and release process and procedures, among other duties.
- Installed and configured Jenkins Enterprise with 5 masters.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in SVN-GIT Migration project and helped users in understanding Git operations.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, and Jenkins operations orchestration tool for automatic Workflow.
- Provided end-user training for all GIT users to effectively use the tool.
- Experience on Jenkins data collection in Splunk and created Dashboards for failed deployments, Error count, state and reasons.
- Contributed for daily build processes, including monitoring builds, break/fix management, issue tracking (JIRA), and identifying and resolving a wide variety of build-related issues for different products and versions.
- Administered Version Control systems GIT, to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Experience with AtlassianJIRAinstallation, administration and maintenance
- Installed variousJIRAplugins such asJIRAclient,JIRAimporter plugin,JIRACharting Plugin, the connector for Microsoft project andJIRA Misc. Custom fields.
- MigratedJIRAacross environments and worked onJIRAdatabase dumps.
- Worked on a queue ofJIRAtickets to address system issues, user requests etc. daily.
Confidential, St Petersburg, FL
- Deployment and maintenance of Red hat Linux, Windows Server 2000, 2003 and ESX/ESXi servers an app software in across the network mostly Dell, HP and IBM hardware.
- OS upgrades and installation of third-party software, packages and patches as per client requirement.
- Installed different types of long-range RADIO (Motorola Canopy Backhaul, AP and SM, Deliberant, En-Genus, sat etc) over the network and Configured as per requirement to connect with Internet.
- Involved in Designing Network and Datacenter for different customers and build the Unix/Linux servers, migrated data one datacenter to new datacenter.
- Build the Linux Firewall for network and implement to secure the network.
- Efficiently managed RAID, File system through LVM.
- Provided on-call pager support for Critical Production Systems and applications and Documentation writing and re-organizing within portal.
- Installed the latest patches for, Oracle on Red hat Linux servers, Configured and administered Send mail, Samba, Squid servers in Linux environment, worked on configuring SSL certificates in, Apache, Apache Tomcat, thread dumps
- Initiating the crisis management calls and provide troubleshooting during the outage situation
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining the DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, send mail server and LDAP.
- User Account Management, Group Account Management, configuring dumb terminals, adding modems, formatting and partitioning disks, manipulating swap, local and remote printer management, taking and restoring backup, scheduling jobs.
- Performance tuning and preventive maintenance performed daily backup.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Implementing Remote System Monitoring with Sun Microsystems. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, corn jobs) Unix based shell.
- Scheduling full and incremental backups using Net Backup on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Experience with adding and configuring devices like Hard disks and Backup devices etc.