- 8+ years of IT industry experience compromising of Devops, Linux System Administration and Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments of artifacts and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Devops management methodologies and production deployment which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application Configurations.
- Worked on Build & Release activities for technologies like Java, .Net, Oracle & ETL.
- Extensive experience of working with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and Mongo Databases.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Cruise Control.Net, Build Forge and Bamboo to implement the automation and their configuration.
- Experienced with enterprise level source control repositories such as Subversion (SVN), IBM Rational ClearCase, GIT, and Mercurial.
- Experience in accomplishing aspects of software config management, and in Build & Release Management.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, NUnit, Jenkins and CAST.
- Expertise in configuration of SAMBA, SQUID, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, FTP and trouble shooting.
- Expertise in application of cloud providers and Amazon AWS (Ec2, s3, VPC, SNS, AMI), Cloud sigma.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war, & ear from source code and Involved in Migration activities from Ant to Maven to enhance the build process.
- Great understanding on Ant and Maven with respect to their Tags, Tasks and Targets, dependencies and coordinates to write pom.xml and build.xml. Also Experience of hosting WordPress app on NGINX server.
- Strong exposure in using build tools NANT and MSBuild for building deployable artifacts in .Net technology.
- Expert in deploying the code through application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat and Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Tuning, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP,Bash,Python & Perl scripts and automating the administrative tasks and management using cron and at.
- Experienced in implementing, maintain of Apache Tomcat/MySQL/PHP,LAMP web-service environment.
- Good Experience in implementing Puppet, Chef, Splunk, Jenkins, Docker and DevOps, openstack.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Experience in Installation of VMware ESX server and creation ofVMs and install guest OS.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems config, tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Good knowledge on ITIL Process and have worked on coordinating releases across the projects. Also participated, documented, managed ITIL controls and supported Linux environment.
- Worked on Firewall implementation &Load balancer between various Windows servers.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming methodologies.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support and documenting the build and release process.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Cacti and using ELK Stack Elastic Search, Logstash, kebana.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-working attitude and taking initiatives in solving problems and providing best solutions. Also possess good experiment in 24x7 in production computing environments.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris Release 2.10/2.9/2.8/2.7, IBM-AIX 5.X, zVM Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 and NT
Programming / Scripting Languages: RDBMS, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, C, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, Bash, HTML, XML.
Version control system: Subversion (SVN), GIT, IBM Rational ClearCase, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, RTC
Tools: Chef, Splunk, ELK stack, Jenkins/Hudson Ant, Nant & Maven, VMware VSphere, Puppet DevOps, and Nagios, Jira
Web/ Application Server: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, NGINX, Apache DB2, Oracle
Network Protocols: DHCP, SNMP,DNS, Ethernet,SMTP, IOS, NFS, NIS, nslookup, RIP, TCP/IP,FTP, TFTP, netstat, OSPF, BGP,.
Tracking & Monitoring Tools: Service Now, HPSM, ClearQuest and Nagios, Jira.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
DevOps Engineer/Puppet & AWS Developer
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ant and Maven in Linux environment.
- Configured tools like Elastic Search, Logstash and kebana.
- Container experience with Docker and also experience with configuration management using Docker.
- Experience in designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant tool for virtually.
- Used ANT/NANT and Maven to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Install and configure Apache Tomcat, IIS and NGINX for load balanced environments for deployments.
- Worked on Nagios Monitoring tool, and configuration with Puppet and AWS cloud management with puppet automation.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Managing Monitoring solution using Nagios Environment and Updating monitoring parameter in Nagios with active and passive check.
- Worked with Bamboo Continuous Integration tool and resolve compilation and deployment errors.
- Also Application of continuous integration project build frame work with Jenkins and maven to provide the framework.
- Troubleshooting the issues raised while using continuous integration and deployment by Jenkins.
- Application of AWS solutions especially EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Elastic Load Balancer and ELK search.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet.
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Database deployments on MySQL, SQL Server and Mongo Databases and Experience of maintenance tasks on MySQL and Mondo Databases
- Performed maintenance tasks on Linux sever and automated daily tasks using Python, Perl, batch and Shell Scripts.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Jboss, Apache, Weblogic, Tomcat and Websphere.
- Managing Monitoring solution using Nagios Environment and Updating monitoring parameter in Nagios with active and passive check
- Performed to logging infrastructure and tools such as Splunk, Kibana.
- Create new ec2 instance in AWS, allocate volumes and giving Provisionals.
- Implementing a CI/CD using Jenkins with build tools Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Experience with the Git revision control system and experience with architecture design, blue printing with GIT Implementation, upgrades, Migration etc
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Git repo (stash/bitbucket), clean thegit repo (purging files).
- Experience of hosting WordPress application on NGINX Server.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Applied knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies.
Environment: Puppet, Python, Maven, Ant, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Linux, Rhel Linux, Gradle, AWS, Nagios, Vagrant. MySQL database, Mongo Database, SQL Server, Apache Directory Studio, Shell Scripts, Batch scripts, Perl Scripts, Tomcat Application Server, NGINX, Ubuntu, WordPress.
Confidential, Golden Valley, MN
DevOps Engineer/Chef Developer
- Experienced in implementing validation and verification practices in an UNIX test environment.
- Application of automations tools like chef, puppet, Splunk, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Worked with Knife command-line tool and creating Cookbooks.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release
- Installed, configured and Managed Build Forge Continuous Integration tool.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Performed UNIX system software installations, system software maintenance and product upgrades.
- Work with developers to analyze dependency of all Java applications and create Maven build scripts for them accordingly.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Also Worked with continuous delivery framework application with help of Jenkins (Continuous integration and Deployment), Puppet.
- Experience with Git and / Perforce source code management administration.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems Git and SVN.
- Experienced in configuring various software and hardware for UNIX initiatives support.
- Experience with Docker and Had hands on experience with container based deployments on Docker and configuration management tools.
- Extensive experience with Python; good working knowledge of Python best-practices, task/job queue systems, threading and package architecture (pypi) and Enhanced and updated the Python code base.
- Performed Monitoring on Servers via Nagios with (NRPE) plugin.
- knowledge of the inner workings of Python including Threading, Memory management, Collections/Data Structures, RDBMS, XML/JSON, SciPY, NumPy.
- Developed Python, Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process and also automate deployment and release distribution process with shell, and Perl etc.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Posting the build time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until specified release goes LIVE.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Responsible for managing the Chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Used chef to configure/install web servers, database servers etc and Involving in installing chefnode, workstation and server
- Administered Build Forge handling access control, creating Projects, Steps, Environments, Servers, log filtersetc. and designing projects to take inputs during builds to cater builds and deployments to various environments using a single project for each application.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Ant and Maven build tools, Python, Perl and Shell Scripts, Jira Ticketing tool, Nagios, Docker, Git and SVN, Jenkins, Splunk, Unix, RDBMS, XML/JSON, SciPY, NumPy, Linux.
Confidential, Ooltewah, TN
Build & Release Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- As Build and Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 8 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments
- Analyse and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Created and maintained ClearCase repositories, Projects, Streams and Baselines.
- Experience in Administering SVN and with system automation and deployment with the best tool like Chef.
- Installed Build Forge and Build Forge agents on all servers, created user and managed controlled access.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Perl and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, and/or Bash for automation purpose
- Work with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Migrated code from SVN to ClearCase Repository.
- Created ClearQuest Schema for developers to request build and modified it to use as build tracking tool.
- Good Experience with software version control tools, such as ClearCase and Git (used in some scenarios).
- Knowledge of UNIX and web-related security postures.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Perl, Shell to Setup development and QA environments.
- Worked on the DB2 databases to keep all the database tables in every environment in sync.
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Used HPQC and Jira (Sometimes) tool to track all defects and changes related to build and release team.
- Developed the Maven build pom.xml scripts.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking in cases, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Build and Administered the Cruise Control & Cruise Control.Net Continuous Integration servers.
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE artifacts on to the WebLogic Application Servers in an agile continuous integration process.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet.
- Created and maintained Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
Environment: Windows Server 2008, AIX, Maven, Subversion (SVN), IBM ClearCase, IBM ClearQuest, ANT, Build Forge, DB2, HPQC and Jira, Perl Script, Shell Scripts, CHEF, Batch Script WebLogic Application Servers. UNIX, Cruise Control, Cruise Control.Net, Web Logic Application Server, GIT, Chef, Python and Puppet.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client Managing Red Hat Cluster, HPC environment etc.
- Configuration of file exchange SAMBA for connectivity between Linux and Windows and Network File system ( NFS).
- Maintained UNIX/Linux Operating System to provide optimum performance and system availability.
- Installation of packages with RPM, YUM, APT based on the operating systems Red hat linux, Ubuntu.
- Developed test scenarios for testing NIS, NFS, DNS and other functionality of the OS.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Experienced in using Vagrant to manage instances.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Installed and Configured VNC Server/Client and Experience with ARM assembly and/or scripting languages.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Performance tuning of Virtual Memory, CPU, system usage in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Jboss, Apache, Weblogic, Tomcat and Websphere.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Day to day resolution on Linux based issued though SMS ticketing system in compliance to SLA cycles.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Performed patching, backups on multiple environments of Solaris, Linux and VMware.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Manage and co-ordinate Unix and Linux administration tasks.
- Extensive experience in monitoring the servers using Nagios and Improved monitoring with Nagios and custom plugins.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool and provided 24*7 on-call support on rotation basis.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x/5.x), Solari8/9, Windows 2000, Apache, UNIX, Tomcat, DNS, NFS, NIS, Oracle, Linux Kernel, C programming, Python, Bash, Nagios, Vagrant, Jenkins and Jira, VM Ware, Centos.