- Over 7+ years of experience in IT industry with major work on DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies, VMWare, Build/Deploy/Release Management, Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, Azure, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and AWS Resources like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, SNS, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Created a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) consisting of private/subnets, webserver & MYSQL server and configured virtual Data Center in Amazon cloud to Support enterprise hosting which includes VPC.
- Created Subnets and Route tables, Internet gateway, Virtual gateway. Included security groups, Network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS Public cloud.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto Scaling groups and written the cost cutting techniques applied with Cloud Formation stacks by using AWS Auto Scaling and developed EBS volumes using AWS Lambda.
- Extensively worked on automation for deployment/configuration of different application servers like Web sphere, Web Logic, JBOSS and Web Servers like Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications and utilizing the Azure stack, focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Experienced Azure Platform Development, Development concepts, hosted cloud services, platform service and close interface with windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications.
- Configuring and deploying instances on GCP environments and Data Centers and building/maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Bash, Git, Docker on GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
- Automated infrastructure provisioning of EC2 on AWS using Terraform, Ansible and collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins.
- Experience in usage of docker for virtualization, Run and Deploy the applications securely and fastening build/release process and worked on lifecycle management of image-based containers by Docker.
- Implemented continuous deployment system with Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy and Ops Works, and Packerfor deployment of Java Applications.
- Developed auto containers to automate containerization of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment like Kubernetes.
- Worked with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet for continuous integration process and doing builds as per Schedule.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks and modules to automate our build/deployment process and had done overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Installed and configured Chef server, work station, client servers and nodes, written several recipes, cookbooks in chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware infrastructure installations.
- Created new build jobs, integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process and maintaining build plans and deployment projects in Bamboo for large java-based applications.
- Cloned the projects in Jenkins for the developers and generate the build and store it in the Nexus Artifactory and Jfrog is used to store packaged files and created the snapshots.
- Experience in utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments checking out code from SVN/GIT and use Ant/Maven to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines.
- Implemented GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN, using Gradle determined the order of tasks run by using a directed acyclic graph.
- Knowledge in writing Bash/Shell Scripting, Python scripting to automate the deployment of Java based applications on servers.
- Knowledge in querying RDBMS such ad Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data Integrity, Installation, Configuration and Management of NoSQL tools such as SQL Servers, DB2, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Better understanding of various network protocols such as TCP, UDP, FTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS etc. and familiarity with basic networking concepts such as firewalls, subnets, CIDR addressing, routing, DNS.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflow customization and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, VMWare and Centos.
- Interact with the data warehousing team regarding extracting the data and suggest the standard data format such that Splunkwill identify most of the fields.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Tomcat, JBOSS.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python (boto and boto3) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Coordinated with developers and testing teams to make fastest and reliable releases, reduce failure rate and reduce time to fix bugs or issues.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Unix, Centos, Ubuntu, MS Windows, Suse
Languages/Scripts: C++, Java, J2ee, XML, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, PHP
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, PostgreSQL
Web servers/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0, JBOSS, Nginix
Tools: Ant, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, KubeCtl, K8’s
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch, New Relic
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, ServiceNow
Cloud: GCP, Azure, AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Cloud Trail, IAM. VMware.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Managing AWS resources in the cloud and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for fast-paced robust application development environment and migrated on-premises applications to cloud.
- Maintained and Handled operations on AWS Cloud Resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, VPC, RDS, ELB, creating security groups and worked on atmosphere of cross-functional team within the organization’s Agile project life-cycle.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates using JSON to create customized VPC subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and databases and creating the cross-account IAM roles and giving access to users to access.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache and several in-house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Building/ Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, GIT, Docker on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys.
- Used Jenkins/Bamboo pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes and created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in writing and deploying Ansible Playbooks from scratch using YAML functions and utilizing setup and automate the CI/CD pipeline and deploy microservices. Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservices using Ansible.
- Used Ansible Tower to manage multiple nodes and manage inventory for different environments and automated the cloud deployments using Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Created Jenkins/ Bamboo CICD pipelines continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in pipeline for automated testing and for code quality check.
- Co-ordinated Java builds into Jenkins environment and configured GIT parameterized builds. Installed many custom plugins along with Maven/Ant. Automated build process and published build artifacts to Jfrog Artifactory.
- Implemented Maven Release Plug-in through Jenkins Jobs for deploying the artifacts to Nexus Artifactory. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in writing shell/bash scripts to automate the administrative tasks using Cron jobs and managing them in repository using GIT.
- Using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) for application deployment be developing Jenkins build jobs.
- Responsible for the configuration of Micro-Services and applications inPivotalCloudFoundry.
- Build a serverless web application that manage members information using Amazon S3, Dynamo DB, Cognito, IAM, API Gateway, HTML, CSS and Java Script.
- Worked with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase & DB2 and writing the SQL queries & Stored Procedures.
- Manage Amazon RedShiftclusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Examined Cassandra database and compare it with other open-source NoSQL database to fine which of them better suites the current requirement.
- Working on DynamoDB NoSQL database using boto3, which included creation of tables, items and automating the tasks.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets, reach continuous delivery and built clouds with AWS.
- Integration of application and monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring by providing first level support for application software issues in all environments, monitoring run-time environments using tools like New Relic, Nagios.
- Experienced in Security issues and Analyst with a focus on designing and deploying security solutions.
- Worked closely with application teams and support on various performance and configuration issues on daily basis.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, VPC, IAM, S3, EBS, ELB, SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Kafka, GCP, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, kubectl, k8s, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Maven, Ant, SVN, GitHub, Nexus, JIRA, Service Now, New Relic, Java, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Shell, Python.
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure for our environments building AWSCloud Formation stacks from the resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, Security Group.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creation of RDS database instances PostgreSQL in AWS and the MongoDB cluster making use of EC2 and VPC and launched via Cloud Formation Template.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and Created S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS’s Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in clusters.
- Developed a migration approach to move workloads from On-Premises to Windows azure and developed new cloud ready application solutions.
- Integrated existing API’s to Azure API management to get all the attributes like security, usage plans, throttling, analytics, monitoring and alerts.
- Used Microsoft Azure cloud to spin up the infrastructure and deployed Azure IaaS Virtual Machines (VMs) and Cloud Services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and Subnets.
- Involved in configuring continuous integration (CI) from Source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery (CD) to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Used Docker in the process of implementing high level API which provide light weight containers to run the applications, as well as for building and pushing the images in various environments.
- Load balancing the application from dev through QA, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as pods and created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels by writing YAML files.
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration System Configuring Bamboo servers, nodes, creating required Python scripts as well as bash scripts to create/configure Linux VMs.
- Setup Continuous Integration environment using Jenkin for building jobs to push the artifacts into Nexus repository on successful builds and using Management and plugin Management for Jenkins and configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Responsible for writing custom chef cookbooks to install packages and running services over the environment having numerous servers.
- Maintaining Subversion (SVN) and GIT repositories, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Written various Automation Scripts to automate manual tasks, deploy applications, application build scripts/versioning etc. using many popular open source libraries with different languages like Shell and Python-based scripting.
- Used Bug tracking tool like JIRA for ticketing, Integrating into Splunk Enterprise and Bug Reporting for products through JIRA.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using ansible to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk, also utilized New Relic for monitoring.
- Managed on setting up Kafka for streaming data and monitoring for the Kafka Cluster and involved in creation and designing of data ingest pipelines using technologies such as Apache Strom and Kafka.
- Triggered lambda from DynamoDB where lambda runs data transformation code and loads results into data warehouse by using RedShift which is an Internet hosting service.
- Experienced in database environments like MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and Cassandra and server less engine like Lambda and experienced in Groovy Scripting for compiling script dynamically to a Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process using Maven.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, VPC, IAM, S3, RDBMS, EBS, ELK, Cloud Watch, Terraform, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Bamboo, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, SVN, GIT, Bit Bucket, JIRA, NewRelic, Nagios, Tomcat, QA, Linux.
Confidential - Foster City, CA
- Extensively worked on automating infrastructure in AWS using web services, deploying through puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS and S3.
- Worked on core AWS services such as setting up new server (EC2) instances/services and troubleshooting the instances in AWS.
- Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup and set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Actively involved in Architecting the Puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments and utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Written Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services and used Puppet server for workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Built CI/CD pipeline from scratch using Jenkins for our Java applications by integrating GitLab, JIRA, Maven and Tomcat.
- Configured Jenkins-Artifactory plugin to upload the artifacts on to Artifactory after the build is success and integrated build tools with Jenkins and created jobs to automate and deploy the application into end servers.
- In the CI pipeline, mainly focused on performing integration of code quality analysis techniques like check styles, find bugs, Junit with CI tools like Jenkins, Ant and Maven.
- Installed Jenkins Plug-in for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Chef as a CI/CD Process.
- Used SonarQube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make changes.
- Installed and administrated Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Create, configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on Oracle and MySQL engines and performed Oracle and MySQL data dumps upon customer request occasionally.
- Used Nagios to monitor the system performance and to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes. Maintained Nagios servers and added new services and servers.
- Worked on Bash Shell Scripts to observe system resources and maintenance and involved administrative tasks such as System start-up/shutdown, Backup strategy and schedules CRON jobs for job automation.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in migration of data center’s WebSphere Application Server, Jboss application server Apache Tomcat to AWS cloud environments and maintained multiple code releases and their merge activities.
- Red hat Linux, Centos for system monitoring and administration of servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, configuration changes and documentation.
- Linux System & Middleware Administrator responsible to implement maintain and monitor solutions with RHEL, Solaris, Windows and many distributions of Linux in both physical and virtual environments.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, EC2 instance, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Git, SVN, JIRA, Bash, Jboss, Web Sphere, Http, Linux.
Confidential - Huntsville, AL
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jet Brains, Team City, full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Experience in designing, building, maintaining and coordinating an automated build/release process using Git and Jenkins.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Participated in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Automated Linux production server’s setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release builds and source control processes and plans.
- Defined instances in code, next to relevant configuration on what running and then created the instances via Puppet.
- Worked with the Architects on Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) process being the owner of post development environments.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures and Configured Puppet to perform automated Deployments.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers and installed, configured and maintained Nginx.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, Nagios, Maven, Puppet, Shell Script, Linux, Tomcat, SQL.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux (3/4/5), Solaris (9/10) and CentOS on new server builds as well as during the upgrade situations.
- Supported for various applications run on Linux environment, configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance.
- Installed, configured Local Domain with DNS server, Active Directory Service, Terminal Service, IIS server for HTTP and FTP services.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on windows servers.
- Strong in building and written Shell Scripts ad Perl Scripts on UNIX and experienced in development with Shell, Python, PowerShell scripting languages.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server and troubleshooted application issues on Apache web servers including database servers running on Linux.
- Configured network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for Unix/Linux servers. Administrated Linux servers for several functions including management of users, Groups and permission for each group and users.
- Developed Unix and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed WebLogic, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into Apache Tomcat server by integrating Shell Scripts.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, DNS, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Python, PowerShell, Unix/Linux