- Knowledge and Experience in all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Linux Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Deployment(CD), Release Management, Cloud Implementations and configurations.
- Expertise System Administration working on Redhat Linux, Solaris, SUSE Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Windows environments, and VMware vSphere.
- Extensive experience in AWS Amazon cloud service platform and its features: EC2, VPC, SNS, EBS, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Cloud formation AWS configuration, API Gateway, Dynamo DB, Auto scaling, Load Balancing, Lambda, S3, IAM, Security Groups.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space adjustments, client administration and so forth.).
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, Auto - Scaling, Elastic Load Balance(ELB) and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Installed and Setup Web servers (Apache and Tomcat), DB Server (MySQL)
- Highly experienced in Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a Code, Execution Plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation, and package management tools like Packer for the provisioning of instances on AWS.
- Using Terraform customized infrastructure in AWS by configuring various AWS resources.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case.
- Worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Setup Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins. Created Pipeline in Jenkins by integrating Git and Maven Plugins. Created new build jobs in Jenkins admin console and configured global environmental variables.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell scripts.
- Expertise in Repository Management tools Artifactory, Nexus.
- Experience in Managing/Tracking the defects status by using JIRA tool and Planning & resolving the issues as per SLA.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and test
- Extensive experience in working with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food Critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Designed and implemented for fully implemented server build management, monitoring and deployment by using chef.
- Experience in Writing Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring and constructed the Puppet modules for continuous deployment.
- Strong working experience on Resources collections of Puppet like Classes, Definitions of manifest files to gather the resources assign them to collection and have the collection applied to the agent nodes.
- Used Ansible as a powerful tool for creating infrastructure and deployed on servers.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell & Bash scripting.
- Experience in Monitoring & Health-Check of web and application server environments.
- Expertise in creating LDAP, Active Directory and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, VPN, SMTP, DHCP, NIS, and other Network Services.
- Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support.
- Expertise in Installation, Support, Configuration with different flavors of LINUX RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux (OEL), Debian, and Ubuntu. Installed and configured Red Hat LINUX Kickstart and Solaris jumpstart Servers.
- Troubleshoot all the issues related to Linux & Windows Operating System and provide support for all production and Non-Production environment.
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Open stack
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Groovy, Gradle
Version Control Systems: GIT, Bit Bucket, SVN, GitHub
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
Container Service: Docker, Kubernetes
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, CSS
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Batch, Perl
Repositories Management Tools: Nexus, Artifactory
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo (Atlassian tool)
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, BMC Patrol
Code Analysis Tools: SonarQube
Orchestration Tools: Puppet Orchestrator
Application Servers/Middleware: Tomcat, Nginx, HTTP, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, VMWare
Bug Tracking and Ticketing Tools: Clear Quest, ServiceNow, JIRA
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (RHEL 6.9, 7.0, 7.2), Solaris (SPARC 10, 11)
SDLC: Agile and waterfall methodologies
Confidential - Michigan, MI
- Worked extensively on Java based application and Deployed Java applications in Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Build CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins using GIT, Maven, JFrog, AWS Code Deploy for full automation, faster and flawless deployments.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository and Deployed Apps using custom modules through Chef.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and place them in JFrogfor internal deployments.
- Regular backups scheduled on AWS cloud and AWS S3 buckets, created custom AWS IAM polices for users, Created AMI image snapshot for backup of production server.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the CI (Continuous Integration) tool with Jenkins.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Worked on developing procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloud formation etc.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers.
- Configuring applications to run on the datacenter and also provisioned the instances on AWS using Terraform, Developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Converted all Cloud Formation template to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Used Chef- knife for bootstrapping new server, edited nodes run list and roles, node environment freeze the staging server before deployment into production server.
- Chef -client to converge the latest code changes in production environment and automated deployment in staging environment.
- All the severs are hosted on Linux flavored (Ubuntu, Centos) production support and CPU load, Disk errors configured log rotation on each box using chef, VPN setup for new users, add new user to the particular server’s using chef-knife.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked transparently with the Docker client to manage all your Docker images using Artifactory.
- Worked on Docker containers snapshots, attaching it to a running container, removing the images, managing the containers and setting up environment for development and testing.
Environment: JAVA, GIT, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Shell Script, Chef, Terraform, Packer, AWS CloudFormation Templates, AWS CloudWatch, AWS EC2, Docker, MYSQL, Jira, Linux, Windows.
Confidential - Detroit, MI
- Involved in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of application developed using AGILE methodology.
- Created robust platform for engineers to run Docker images on EMR clusters, Leveraging AWS services such as S3 and ECR.
- Developed an automated, no-downtime deployments to an AWS infrastructure using Cloud Formation and auto scaling.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML. Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Written Ansible playbooks for managing/installing Jenkins slave nodes on windows.
- Used Python, included in Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for AWS tasks.
- Involved in CI automation by writing Python framework to test reporting data from Jenkins Builds and summarize that information as a comment on GIT HUB pull requests.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and yml for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Created S3 bucket, ELB, IAM by using terraform and created stacks in AWS from the scratch using Terraform and updated the Terraform as per the organizations requirement on a regular basis.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process. Managed the maven artifacts using JFrog Artifactory and build these Artifactory through Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous Deployment in Jenkins server build.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where Groovy Jenkins Plugin and Groovy Post Build Action Plugin is used as a build step and post build actions.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu by writing chef cookbook, recipe, template and attributes.
- Managed users and groups in Solaris & Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues, network issues.
Environment: JAVA, GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (Amazon Web Services), AWS EC2, AWS Cloud Watch, Linux, CentOS, PERL, BASH.
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the information about the release, changes implemented in current release and defects fixed and Involved with development teams to support simultaneous software releases.
- Worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments. Experience in managing Apache Tomcat Application Server.
- Used Puppet and Urban code deploy tool for application delivery automation and written scripts in Ruby to manage deployment automation.
- Used ANT build tool for scripts deployment and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and done C.I process on the Java code generated.
- Created multi-stage build plans, set up triggers to start builds upon commits, and assigned agents to your critical builds and deployments using Bamboo.
- Used Bitbucket to understand what’s changing in the repositories with unified or side-by-side diffs when reviewing code.
- Created and maintained build automation shell, managed building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, Written scripts for environment changes in Bash and Perl for WebSphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- In the production environment implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Supported engineering team by overseeing branch and merge strategies and build automated tools.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET and ColdFusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
Environment: Shell Scripts, Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Jenkins, WebSphere, WebLogic, Eclipse, Bitbucket, Nexus repository, Puppet, UNIX, Windows
Build & Release Engineer
- Automated build process with Continuous Integration Tool Jenkins, Batch/Perl.
- Involved in designing/automating proof of concept projects and version control tool migrations.
- Handling Version Control activities - Clearcase.
- Automated branch-based builds using Jenkins.
- Designed CI/CD processes in the context of a Jenkins orchestration, including the usage of automated Build, test/QA and deployment tools.
- Configure jobs and pipelines using Jenkins. Troubleshoot problems arising from Buildfailures and Test failures.
- Establishing standards for buildartifact management and buildconfiguration. Documentation of change management and best practices.
- Implemented Jenkins Master/Slave concept in Jenkins dashboard.
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and Git.
- Manage the source code repository system used by the engineering team.
- Created and owned,Buildand Continuous Integration environment with Maven, Visual Studio and Jenkins.
- Developing automated process for builds and deployments using Jenkins, Maven, Sonatype Nexus, Shell, Python and Java.
- Resolving Clearquest (CQ tasks) and providing permanent / quick fixes related to build.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Automated Static Code Analysis using Jenkins
- Working closely with Buildand ReleaseActivities.
- Administered and integrated the Version Control Systems like Subversion and Git with Jenkins.
- Developed Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Designed, Developed Web Forms using .Net Framework (C#, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC3.0, Entity Framework), for the user interface (UI) with SQL as the Database.
- Successfully handled the complex environment with parallel development, parallel releases, Releases to Development/Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Pre-Prod and Production environments.
Environment: .Net, C#, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC3.0, Entity Framework, SVN, Git, Maven, Jenkins.