- Over 7 years of experience in IT field with every increasing levels of responsibility and expertise in a wide range of IT disciplines specializing in Oracle Web Logic Application Server IBM Application server v6.x/7.0, maintenance, integration including Tomcat Apache Server v6.0.
- Have experience in Configuration and release management in DevOps support model using tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Extensive experience in WebLogic administration, by handling all the aspects of administration tasks such as day - to-day site monitoring and maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, load balancing, clustering, deploying applications, performance tuning and maintenance of WebLogic server versions 8.x/9.x/10.x /11g/12c
- Create Chef Recipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to the existing infrastructure
- Experience in installation, configuration, deployment and management of Enterprise J2EE Applications in a clustered and non - clustered environment using Oracle Web Logic Application Server.
- Experience in configuring session affinity, session persistence and monitoring in JBoss EAP 6.x/5.x and Apache Tomcat 7.x/6.x
- Expertise in configuring a domain, deploying applications, configuring data sources, logging and web subsystems in JBOSS 5 and EAP 6.2 in different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production on Linux (RHEL 5) and Solaris 9 operating systems.
- Experience on Version Control System (VCS) like GIT-Hub and used GIT to
- Installed and Configured Maven and Hudson automation tools for automated deployments.
- Automated WAR deployment procedure in production environment running on JBoss EAP 6.4 using Perl script
- Extensive experience working with configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Git, and Apache Subversion (SVN).
- Deployed Clustered Environments on (Single and Multi Box) using different application server for vertical and horizontal clustering
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Chef, Puppet, Shell, PowerShellto support infrastructure as code and continuous deployment.
- Deployed different WAR, EAR, JAR, J2EE applications in clustered environment and on manage servers using various deploying tools like WLST, Console, and Web Logic Deployed.
- Developed WLST scripts for application server administration to start, monitor and stop
- Configured and administered JMS Connection factories, JMS Queues, Topics, Distributed Queues
- Distributed Topics along with JDBC Connection pools with databases like Oracle, MS Access, My SQL and DB2.
- Experience in migrating the WebLogic/JBoss servers from development to stage and stage to production
- Experienced in configuring IBM MQ Series as a foreign JMS with Web Logic Server
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application Database and WebLogic.
- Experience in installing and configuring JBOSS EAP 5.x/6.x in various environments.
- Expertise in configuring a domain, deploying applications, configuring data sources, logging and web subsystems in JBOSS 5 and EAP 6.2.
- Experience in installation, configuration and support of Web Center Sites
- Hands-on experience on virtualization software like VMware and Oracle VM Virtual Box
- Knowledge of JBoss Messaging Persistence Manager.
- Having Strong experience in JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IIS, Apache HTTP Sun One (Web/Application Servers) administration such as Installation, configuration and administration in different environments.
- Good noledge of JAVA, JDBC, JMS, EJB, Servlets
- Handled production incidents, queries, problems through remedy ticketing system and non - production issues/tasks/incidents through JIRA ticketing system.
- Resolved issues related to Web Logic products by communicating with Oracle
- Excellent in analyzing, performance tuning including troubleshooting, monitoring and maintaining WebLogic/ JBoss situations and solving the related problems
- Extensive hands-on experience in setting up multiple clusters and implementing Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover functionality.
- Handled Memory issues, application leak or Web Logic leak or sun java bug by tuning and profiling the memory with third party tools. Provided support for Web Center Sites
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic Oracle SOA Suite 11g, OSB 11g, OEM 11g, WebLogic Portal 10.3.5, IBM Web Sphere Glassfish, V3.1/4.x, Tomcat 5.x,6.x, JBoss AS
Web Servers: Apache Web Server 2.x/2.2.x, SunOne 6.1, IIS5.x/6.x/7.x, Oracle HTTP Server, IBM HTTP Server
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solaris 8/9/10, SUSE Linux, AIX 5.3, V6.1, Windows
Languages: Java, C, C++, PL/SQL, COBOL
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB, Visual StudioFront Page, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Management Studio
Tools & Utilities: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, JIRA, Nagios, JIRA, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Cute FTP, JProbe, Ant, XML Spy, Symantec ESM 6.5 HP Proliant Blade Servers, Remedy, Service Now, Splunk, Build tool Robot, Cruise Control Web Methods Developer, AEM5.6.1, Site Minder policy server R6.0 SP5 CR32
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), Perl Scripting, Jython, Python
Networking & Protocols: T3, T3S, Http, Https, Ftp, SOAP, LDAP, RMI/IIOP and TCP/IP
Database & DB Tools: Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Plus, MS Access, Oracle 12
Case & Version Controls: Subversion, Clear Quest, JIRA, CVS, Perforce, Visual Source Safe
Web Tools: JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Java Script, WLST, Jython, Xml, Html
Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, HTTP, FTP
Packages: J2EE, JDK
Scripting: WLST, Shell, Perl & ANT Scripting
Sr. Weblogic/JBOSS Administrator
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Determined and suggested hardware and software specific to the System and customized as per the requirements.
- Configured Node Manager for running managed servers
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.Installed and configured plug-insfor Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request forWebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgradedWebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Installation and configuration of Puppet infrastructure.
- Updated JDK's and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server
- Used Nagios to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash andksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Handled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Used OIM for access management, directory services, decision making and strengthening security
- Develop and run UNIX shell scripts and implemented auto deployment process.
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Set up Wily for monitoring, notification, root cause analysis and data reporting
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation
- Used HP OpenView for managing applications, network conditions and status across the platform
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application and WebLogic server.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic Server and resolved complex issues
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well-organized planning in data center migration using TDS
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML, MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Weblogic /JBoss Administrator
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Installed, configured and administered Web Logic Server 11g/12c, Web Center Sites, Apache 2.2 in Linux and Sun Solaris environments
- Installed JBOSS web server 1.x and configured with JBOSS EAP 5.0 for load balancing.
- Created and monitored multiple domains with multiple manage servers, machines, node manager and cluster environment
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm. Carried deployments and builds on various environments and design the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool.
- Automated and manually building artifacts and JVM deployments using Jenkins on JDK 1.7.
- Implemented ANT and Maven builds for creating Jars and Wars.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Configured Clustering of EJB objects, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories.
- Configured and created JMS servers with various JMS Modules like Queues, Topics, Connection Factories, and Distributed Queues and Distributed topics.
- Configuring a domain, deploying applications, configuring data sources, logging and web subsystems in JBOSS 5 and EAP 6.2 in different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production on Linux (RHEL 5) and Solaris 9 operating systems.
- Configured and monitored Data sources for different manage servers in clustered environment.
- Configured and established connection to file stores and JDBC stores.
- Performed Installation of JBOSS JON 2.4, monitoring server which will monitor the JBOSS.
- Created SSL certificates for JBOSS 5.x/4. x.
- Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor all databases centrally.
- Created groups, users, roles and configured alerts in JON 2.4 (JBOSS Operations Network) monitoring server.
- Deployed various WAR, JAR, EAR, J2EE applications on clustered environment using WLST and GUI.
- Involved in configuring and maintaining Collabnet Subversion for version control.
- Managed and monitored server instances and automation using WLST.
- Configured connection pools and Data sources for Web Logic 9.2/10.3, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1/5.1.0, and SJSAS 9.1 application servers with backend oracle 9i/10g/11g RAC DB's.
- Deployed WAR & EAR files in Web Logic 9.2/10.3, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1/5.1.0 and SJSAS 9.1 application servers hosting clustered environments.
- Configured web server plug-ins Apache 2.2 for Web Logic application servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache 2.2 / 2.3 and Apache Tomcat 6.0 / 7.0 on Linux.
- Migrated from Web Logic server applications 9.2/10.0 to 11g/12c.
- Installed patches to applications and Web Logic application servers.
- Played an actively role resolving the environment issues, handling Incident management/ Problem management being part Level 2 Support team.
- Wrote Shell scripts and to automate routine tasks like log parsing, auditing and patch audits
- Strong production support experience with issue management, outage management, root cause analysis, monitoring and resolving the issues.
- Involved in support for production environment and Web Logic server hanging and server crash issues.
- Involved in tuning the heap size parameters and JVM's Garbage collector for Web Logic application servers.
- Involved in providing support for troubleshooting Web Center Sites.
- Actively participated in team meetings for day-to-day reporting and status reporting.
- Performed QA, Integration, Staging & Production releases of application packages, server and application configuration changes and patches to the middleware components.
Environment: Oracle Web Logic server 11g/12c, JBOSS 4.2/5.0.1/5.1.0 /6.2 EAP, Web center sites, Apache 2.2, Sun One Web- server, Linux, Sun Solaris, Infor ERP systems, Subversion, JDBC Connection pool and data sources, EJB, JMS, JNDI, JDK 1.5/1.6, Wily Intro scope 6.0, WLST, LDAP, ANT.
WebLogic/ JBOSS Administrator
Confidential, Detroit, Mme
- Installation and configuration of BEA Web Logic Server 10 in development, staging, preproduction and production environments.
- Configured multiple domains on Web logic in order to deploy various applications.
- Configuration and clustering of Web Logic Application Servers and web servers running on tomcat
- Installed, configured JBoss 4.0/5.0 EAP and Fuse ESB both as a standalone and cluster environment. Managed it for scability and high availability.
- Installed Apache 2.2 and integrate it with JBoss Application server.
- Installed and ConfiguredWily Introscopeand to monitor weblogic servers
- Configured connection pools, data sources for JDBC connections on Tomcat, JBoss and Web logic based servers for Oracle and Informix database server.
- Configured a highly complex multi-product provisioning system based on Oracle WebLogic platform
- Performed testing web services/proxy services using SOAP UI and also test console in Aqualogic service bus.
- Deployed applications on multiple Web Logic server instances maintaining Load Balancing using Big-IP F5 and High-Availability.
- Installation and configuration of multiple Apache Tomcat instances as a service on development, staging, preproduction and production environments.
- Tuned memory parameters for newly installed servers.
- Used the Web Logic Scripting Tool WLST - Online and offline WLST to configure, create and deploy applications to various Web logic Server Domains.
- Responsible for using WLST to check the status of WL Servers
- Assisted with and implemented a migration from Tomcat to WebLogic Application Servers
- Deployed applications on Apache tomcat application server instances in all the respective environments.
- Load balanced Tomcat with Apache HTTP server with mod jk module for evenly spreading traffic across the multiple servers.
- Java performance testing and troubleshooting JConsole, JRockit Mission Control, JProfiler.
- Migrated applications from JBoss to WebLogic Application server.
- Created monitors on performance monitoring tool to check the memory and CPU utilization.
- Testing the application servers with Junit.
- Responsible for configuring Secure Sockets Layers SSL for data encryption and client authentication
- Implemented Single Sign On for security
- Wrote Batch scripts to install the application server as a windows service.
- Troubleshooting emerging application issues.
- way SSL and 2 - way SSL configuration using File Transfer Protocol FTP
- Configure JNDI server as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBC data source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics
- Applying the patches and Maintenance Pack to the WebLogic servers
- Trouble shooted the production issues and fixed Java Heap size errors
- Developed and maintain Administrative guides for various applications to halp support, train and troubleshoot issue. Involved in gather and reviewing requirements for new projects
Environment: BEA WebLogic 8.1, 10.01, Tomcat 6.0 on Windows 2003 platform, Apache web server, Microsoft IIS. JDK 1.4.2, SOA, JSP, EJBs, JMS, HTML, XML, JRUN, SSL, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, JRockit mission control JMC, IMC Monitoring tools.
Confidential, Celina, OH
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Involved in WebLogic 8.1 to WebLogic 9.0 upgrade, JVM upgrade, JDK upgrade.
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP server 2.0 to work with WebLogic Server 8.1/9.0.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, monitor number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs.
- Configured custom execute queue in WebLogic 8.1.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in clustered environment.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.1/9.0.
- Troubleshooting WebLogic Application Server connection pools and connection manager with Oracle 9i.
- Monitoring error logs, fixing problems and tuning parameters on Weblogic environment.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Set up WebLogic domain with a single server instance for developers on their windows machines
- Configured and deployed applications in various work environments like Development, Test, Certification and Production.
- Developed scripts to monitor JDBC Connection Pool Status, JVM Heap Size, and JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Provided active support for Load/Stress Testing, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Provided 24/7 on-call production support.
Environment: WebLogic server 8.1/9.0, JDK 1.3 J2EE, JDBC, Apache HTTP server 2.0, Oracle 9i, MQ series, Solaris, SVN, Windows NTApplication Support
- Installed JBoss4.x, 5.x, Apache 2.2 in all environments from Development to Production.
- Created JBoss domains with instances across different physical services using domain controller and host controller.
- Configured profiles, server groups, servers, datasources, and security domains on JBoss servers.
- Integrated apache using mod Jk to proxy requests to JBoss servers.
- Developed stop/start scripts for the JBoss application instances.
- Worked with Load Balancers team to configure BIG IP F5 Load Balancers, VIP and integrated with Apache web server.
- Supported the release/deployment activities across all environments.
- Integrated the application infrastructure with F5 hardware load balancers and performed validation for failover and load balancing.
- Encrypted passwords for admin-console, application login and datasource in JBoss EAP.
- Created self-sign certs and installed vendor's certs for Apache in lower environments.
- Worked with Subversion/hudson to perform the steps needed for the build procedures and managed branch creations.
- Used confluence/wiki to update the noledge base and internal systems information.
- Performed troubleshooting of the issues such as Memory Leaks, Server Hang, and Server Crashes and worked closely with developers, architects and infrastructure teams
Environment: JBoss 4.x, 5.x, WebLogic Application Server 8.1/9.1, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, Windows Server 2008.