- Proficient in DevOps methodologies.
- Worked on Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Expert in Jenkins/ Hudson, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, GitHub, Maven.
- Experience in scripting language Shell.
- Expertise in application of cloud providers and AWS.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS from Datacenter.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS and Azure
- Worked on Java & .Net Build & Release activities.
- Highly skilled in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- UsedAnsibleControl server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory
- In depth knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines and good experience in automating deployment pipelines.
- Well versed with Designing and deployed container - based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Vast experience in using build tools such as Apache, Maven
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling using Docker and Ansible.
- Good understanding of Open Shift platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes Clusters. Bootstrapped Kubernetes with Tectonic and used Terraform to deploy highly available clusters.
- Expertise in building of deployment artifacts such as war & ear from source code using Apache ANT and MAVEN.
- Expert in handling user and plugin management for Puppet.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios.
- Expertise in configuration of SAMBA, SQUID, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, FTP and troubleshooting.
- Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Managed infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Expert in setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes
- Experienced in project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design and training customers.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, able to plan, prioritize work and meet deadlines; work well under tight deadlines
- Ability to work directly with all levels of Management to gather user requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills.
Build Tools: Visual Studio, Make, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, and AnthillPro
Programming/Scripting Languages: JAVA, UNIX Shell Scripting, .Net, Perl Scripting, Python, HTML.
Application Server/Middleware: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web Sphere
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
Issue Tracking/Monitoring: JIRA, Service Now, HPSM, Cloud Watch and Nagios
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Database: My SQL, NOSQL Oracle
Containerization tool: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GITHUB, Confidential, SVN, Mercurial
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo,Maven, Ant, SonarQube
Operating System: Windows Variants, Linux, UNIX.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Cloud / Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Using AWS console for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB and CloudFormation
- Installing applications on AWS EC2 instances and configuring storage on EBS Volume.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Written few Jenkins files using Groovy scripting
- Proficient in building of deployment artifacts such as war & ear from source code using Maven
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate thebuildprocess.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins and Maven in Cloud environment.
- Well versed in implementing CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images and Docker hub.
- Worked with Docker containers and container management tools such as Kubernetes to build
- Master and Worker nodes and for Docker and Kubernetes monitoring.
- Implemented testing environment for Kubernetes and administered Kubernetes clusters
- Developed an API which provides services to deploy developer environments, organize logs and archive exceptions
- Implemented automated deployments using Docker.
- DevelopedDockerSwarm cluster for orchestrating the services like organizing logs and archive exceptions
- Created Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch
- Deployed and maintained multi-container applications through Docker.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower to create projects, inventory file, jinja2 templates and scheduling jobs.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for orchestration, provisioning, configuration management and application development.
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Git repo (stash/bitbucket), clean the git repo (purging files).
- Troubleshooting the issues raised while using continuous integration and deployment by Jenkins.
- Performed Subversion to Git migration
- Involved in planning GIT work flow and administering it.
- Responsible for various repository management activities in Git like branching, tagging, rebasing and merging.
- Actively Involved in product life cycle (Dev to deployment).
- Applied knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, SSL, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and experienced in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Worked closely with development team and QA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Create continuous integration/deployment with Application Release Automation by integrating and improving client's existing infrastructure and build pipelines, largely aiming for autonomous automation when possible.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2, Used GAM to perform bulk Linux command line administration to Google Apps.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI Instances and configured the storage on S3 Buckets.
- Also have hands on experience on working with AWS IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments and using chef handlers for various auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS & configuration management using Chef.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks with Chef Roles. Used file module in Chef Cookbooks to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks for AWS-based deployments.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool, Created Branches, Labels and performed merges in Stash and GIT.
- Involved in migration from SVN to GIT repos and worked with Linux sys admins for the same.
- Working experience on chef in Production environment over 60 servers. Working on version control system like GIT.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Written several Docker files to create tomcat along with required version of jdk container images.
- Containerized the Docker services like SSH daemon service and familiar with several Docker command line utilities.
- Primarily used Ruby for chef cookbooks, shell scripting to code tasks that connect various AWS resources.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds, Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Managed and Performed SCM related work for company’s website. The project involved working on multiple environments for QA and Production.
- Redesigned Release management process and build scripts written in Bash.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created cookbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Chef.
- Debug and resolve Pre-Post OpenStack deployment failures.
- Written Unit test cases for chef recipe testing using test kitchen, foodcritic etc.
- Setup and upgrade database servers and replication environments (PostgreSQL, Maria DB, and MongoDB).
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Expertise in marathon in binding volumes to applications and running databases like MYSQL and PostgreSQL.
- Classified and identify the configurations Items such as documents, Source Items, Support Items and Archive Items Created Repository structure in the Subversion. And Installing Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Application servers on Unix Servers.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT. Used defect-tracking tool Service now.
- Established the change control in response to approved issues and maintained the revision management, base lining.
- Auditing the Source, maintained the Tags, Branching and merging the code in the parallel development of two phases and applied the vendor patches to the Trunk and All branches in Subversion Repository.
- Documenting the process of code promotion, defect tracking and user guide for Subversion. Maintained users’ security on SVN.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Administering the UNIX, SVN Repository. Migrated the code from other Version Control to Subversion.
- Replicated the Subversion Repositories on to multiple Servers. Created the scripts to automate continuous integration of build to compile the Oracle Forms, Reports and Database Objects.
- Installed, Configured the Cruise Control to completely automate build and deployment of the web services applications on to Web Logic.
- Created the process documents and Train the team members. Provided Code Branching strategies for the releases in SCM tool Subversion.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications and Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps. Used SVN version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Developed automated scripts in shell to ensure daily batch completion and Post batch activities, before releasing the report to the clients.
- Remote system administration using tools SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Involved in MVC Framework as development environment, deployed in Tomcat Web Server.
- Used Eclipse as development environment & deployed Application on Tomcat Server
- Involved in SDLC stages of application including Requirements analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing.
- Involved in designing database schema and working with MYSQL as the database.
- Used MYSQL Database, TOAD to execute Stored Procedures SQL, DDL, DML, PL/SQL for Data manipulation
- Used Subversion (SVN) for version control of the product and Clear Quest and Bugzilla as Reporting Tool.
- Prepared Test Cases, Code Reviews, Utility Classes, Supporting Classes based on requirements.
- Understand user’s requirements, drawn into specifications, Coding Standard, Developing Utility Classes.
- Involved in Requirement framing, Design, coding, unit testing and code review of peers.