- Successful DevOps/AWS Engineer with almost 5 years of professional Experience dedicated to automation and optimization. Understands and manages the space between operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers. Has experience with the Cloud, as well as DevOps automation development for Linux systems. Seeking for a position in DevOps/AWS to contribute my technical noledge.
- Administration and Architect of public and private cloud platforms (AWS).
- Experienced in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Hands on Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Terraform.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto Scalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, R53.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Set - up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Created AWS instances via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrated nodes in Chef via knife command line utility.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Utilized AWS Cloud watch to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and setup the automated build on Docker Hub and installed and configuredKubernetes.
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management withAnsible, and also ImplementedAnsibleto manage all existing servers and automate the Build/configuration of new servers.
- Experience of database technology such SQL, MySQL including NoSQL databases.
- Implanted Continuous Integration concepts using Hudson, Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Worked on Jenkins/Hudson by configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT, perforce on UNIX& Windows Environments migrated subversion repositories to GIT and integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Subversion and GIT.
- Created and maintained Branches, labels, work spaces on GIT, Participated in merging of source code.
- Skilled at setting-up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell and Batch Scripts and also supporting the developers in writing configuration-specs.
- Worked on Web-based applications in SOA architecture, REST web services.
- Installed, configured, modified, test & deploy applications on Apache Web server, Tomcat, JBoss App Servers.
- Good at scripting languages like Python, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk& Nagios to detect Prod issues.
- Created private cloud usingKubernetesdat support DEV, TEST and PROD environments.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Experience disusing Microsoft Azure, Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Hands on skills in Data migration and ETL from various data sources like Excel, MSSQL and SQL commands.
- Involved in setting up MongoDB in Azure Ubuntu VM and Bulk data insertions of.json.
- Knowledge using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling Web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Docker.
- Experienced with the understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application configurations.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x, 6.x), Ubuntu, UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7, AIX.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC,GIT,SourceTree
Languages: C, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, RUBY, PYTHON
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2
Application Servers: TOMCAT, WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE
Tools: ANT,MAVEN,HUDSON/JENKINS,KUBERNETES,ANSIBLE,TERRAFORM, CHEF, PUPPET, OPENSTACK BUILD FORGE, NAGIOS, DOCKER.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Autoscaling, Cloud Trail, Lambda, VMWare,Virtualization experience (VM Management), Docker.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
DevOps / AWS Cloud Engineer
- DesignedAWSDeployment Reference Architecture. Aspects of theAWSarchitecture includes legacy infrastructure, lifecycle tools integration, IAM, Backup/recovery, Disaster recovery & security compliance.
- Expertise in AmazonAWSCloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Hands on Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Terraform.
- WriteTerraformscripts to provision AWS resourcesEC2, EFS, ECR, ECS, ELB, IAM roles&S3.
- Configured theKubernetesprovider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported byKubernetesto create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler, etc.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a Continuous Integration system.
- Configure monitoring and logging tools Splunk, CA Wily, Dynatrace using Python scripts and integrating it with internal servers to generate and automate reports to the management.
- Wrote Pythonscripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of application server platforms.
- Troubleshooting of Docker based applications.AWSCloud management and Puppet automation.
- Worked withAnsibleplaybooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools,Ansible/ custom pipeline.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure byKubernetes.
- Knowledge on Massive Data migration expertise from SQL to PostgreSQL.
- Writing Python scripts to automate Database migration processes.
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, High Available, and fault tolerant systems onAWS.
- Capability to provideAWSoperations and deployment and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Experience with application/data migration toAWSand also good noledge on Salt stack.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
BAWS, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, GIT, Azure, WebSphere, Subversion, Solaris, Ant, Jira, Linux, XML, Weblogic, Bamboo, Python, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Defined and Implemented configurationmanagement and ReleaseManagement processes, policies and procedures.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AmazonWebServices (AWS) &configurationmanagement using Puppet.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- ContinuousDelivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- UsedAnsiblePlaybooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments usingAnsiblePlaybooks.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GITRepositoriesand access control strategies.
- Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWSEC2instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Deployed Puppet, PuppetDashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked on tracking tools to trigger issues and update defects logs using Jira.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Deployed the Javaapplications into web application servers like Web-logic.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, GIT, Ansible, Azure, Subversion, Solaris, Ant, Jira, Linux, XML, WebSphere, Weblogic, Bamboo, Python, Shell scripts.
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- UtilizedCloudFormation&Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Configured Puppet to perform automated deployments. Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Puppet.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet dat included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Worked with cloud providers and API's for Amazon EC2, S3, VPC with CloudSigma (EU) and GFS storage.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Experienced in continuous integration technologies with Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD).
- Created and wrote Shell scripts Bash, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensively worked on creating and deleting Dynamic views for developers as requested by user.
- Responsible for Building and releasing packages for testing.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Carried deployments and builds on various environments using Continuous Integration tool.
- Provided assistance for interaction with Backend and NoSQL databases.
- Configured MySQL server in Microsoft Azure and establish connection between Server and MySQL Client.
- Experienced in monitoring/managing Microsoft Azure Cloud and VMWare infrastructure.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Responsible for User Management and Group Management in Build Forge.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: Clear Case, ANT, Shell Scripts, Azure, XML, UNIX, Build Forge, Jenkins, bash, Puppet, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experienced in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Identified Problematic connections to the server. Debug data is auto logged and built using Node.js
- Updated data in Inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Used Node.JS built-in library to allow application to perform as a web server. Thus, eliminating the use of Apache HTTP server.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Bash Shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.