- Over 8 years of experience as DevOps Engineer Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Cloud Implementation all within that suites the needs of an environment underDevOpsCulture.
- Good experience in Amazon web services which includes EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, VPC, EBS, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, cloud watch.
- Experienced in Infrastructure Automation tools like Chef, Ansible, and Cloud Formation.
- Experience in UNIX environment and expertise in several flavors of Linux including RedHat, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and cresting new machines using Configuration Management tools like Chef, Ansible.
- Good understanding ofELB, security groups,NACL,NAT, firewall andRoute 53.
- Knowledge on Splunk, Kibana and ELK Stack.
- Migrated Version Management Systems CVS - > SVN, SVN -> GIT.
- Experience in Administration / Maintenance of source control management systems such as GitHub and Subversion SVN . Created tags and Branches, Fixed the merge issues and administered Software Repositories.
- Experienced in Build tools like Ant, Maven and MS build for the building of deployable artifacts from source.
- Knowledge on building MS outlook Plugin using visual studio.
- Having very good knowledge on java based projects. Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Salt, Ansible)
- Experience in creating instances using AWS EC2, Google cloud platform, Azure.
- Hands on Experience in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience in using build automation tools like MAVEN, Gradle, and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code.
- Through knowledge and hands on experience in Big-Data Ecosystems and Data Analytics tools such as Cloudera Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Impala, Pig, Flume, Kafka, HDFS.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in a continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Expertise inDevOps, Release Planning & Documentation, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Created Automation to create infrastructure for Kafkaclusters different instances as per components in cluster using Terraform for creating multiple EC2 instances & attaching ephemeral or EBS volumes as per instance type in different availability zones & multiple regions in AWS.
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS lambda with Amazon kinesis.
- Worked on setting up and configuring AWS EMR Clusters and used IAM to grant permissions on AWS resources to users.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker
- Good Knowledge in planning and designing of Disaster Recovery and Data Recovery
- Sound Knowledge on Shared and Managed Services - Network Managed Services and Internet of Things (IOT)
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS network, load balancing, firewalls and enterprise monitoring tools Splunk.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS, RHEL 4/5/6/7
Versioning Tools: Subversion, GIT Hub, GIT Lab, CVS
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Code ship, Circle CI, GitLab CI, Bamboo, Travis CI
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, bash scripting, and Ruby
Web Application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Nginx.
Databases: MySQL, Dynamo DB.
Cloud Technology: AWS, Azure, Google cloud
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Data dog
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Virtualization Technologies: vSphere, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box, Hyper-V
Containers Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, HTML, CSS, JAVA SCRIPT, SQL, PYTHON
AWS CLOUD/DevOps ENGINEER
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances
- Used Jenkins for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end to endbuildsand deployment process.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for Micro-service usingAnsible.
- Deploy Ansible and Jenkins to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes DNS, and S3.
- Written several cookbooks for automating infrastructure installation and configuration.
- Managing end to end installation and configuration of SonarQube static code analysis tool using CHEF.
- Working in TDD environment, where we build robust cookbooks using chef spec, rubocop and test kitchen.
- Used data bags and chef vault to manage secrets, global variables and sensitive data like ssl certs, database configuration, reverse proxy configuration using CHEF.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- CreatedAWSRoute 53to route traffic between different regions.UsedMySQL,DynamoDBand Elastic Cache to perform basic database administration.
- UsedAmazon Route 53to manageDNSzones and give publicDNSnames to elastic load balancersIP's.
- UsedAmazon Route 53to manageDNSzones and give publicDNSnames to elastic load balancersIP'sgood experienced withDynamo DB,Redshiftand AmazonEMR.
- Worked with AWS Data Pipeline to archive your web server's logs to Amazon S3 each day and then run a weekly Amazon EMR (Amazon EMR) cluster over those logs to generate traffic reports.
- UsedDNSmanagement inRoute 53,Amazon S3to backup database instances to save snapshots of data. Built python automation scripts to applyOSpatching forEC2instances for security upgrades.
- Develop Linux shell scripts and SQL scripts to capture Vertica database performance with regard to CPU, memory, network traffic, disk usage, query runtime, node downtime.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Collaborated with data analytics team throughout the complete analytics project lifecycle including dataextraction/preparation, design and implementation of scalable machine learning analysis and solutions, and documentation of results.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Used Jenkins for Different types of Jobs created for Multiple Projects worked usingBuildPipelines and Deploy into various environments using the Maven and other Tools.
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, cloud watch, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration.
- Converted existing AWSinfrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
- Copied log files to Amazon S3 and launched Amazon EMR clusters using Task Runner in AWS Data Pipeline.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon linux environment, Handling out of memory issues in Linux kernels during rebalance inKafkacluster.
- Integrated Apache Kafkafor data ingestion.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Developed PowerShell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Perl & Shell (bash) to automate jobs.
- Also, webhosting the data from the S3 bucket by creating URL's.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain.
- Experience of using Azure backups and Recovery Vault to migrate on premise to Windows Azure in DR on cloud.
- Experience in designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Monitoring usingAnsibleplaybooks and has integratedAnsiblewith Run deck and Jenkins.
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly usingAnsible.
- UsedAnsibleplaybooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
Environment: CI/CD, Agile TDD, AWS EC2, Route 53, VMWARE, Linux, Windows, Tomcat Server, Centos, Ubuntu, Cloud Watch Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Data Analytics, Azure, Red hat Linux, AWS, GIT, SVN, Windows servers
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Managed multiple cookbooks in Chef and Implemented environments, roles, and templates in Chef for better environment management.
- Rolled outChefto all servers, and used thechefnode database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring.
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS Command Line Interface for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Responsible for data refinement to support location based data analytics services.
- OwnedReleaseto Production Process, gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD
- Performed a few Database administration tasks on Oracle server like DB Creation, DB backup/restores, shrinking space etc.
- Created an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- ImplementedDNSservice throughRoute 53onELBsto achieve secured connection via https. UtilizedAmazonRoute 53to manageDNSzones and also assign publicDNSnames to elastic load balancersIP's.
- Managed hosted Zone and domain name service using Route 53 usingvarious routing policies in Amazon Route 53.
- Converted data and analytic value and benefits through the client organization via collaboration with business units and IT groups, improving usage and trust in the results.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Built data lake ecosystem using AWS technologies, such as S3, Athena, EMR, to ingest and process Kinesis data streams.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Hands on experience in managing Azure Storage Accounts.
- Used lift and shift model to move existing applications and services to azure VM.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer, and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost-effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Written multiple cookbooks inChefusing Ruby scripting language.
- Used Shell scripts to day to day activities and tasks for automating.
- Used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Ownedbuildfarm and produced effective multiple branchbuildsto support parallel development
- Build, Configure, Manage and Coordinate all Build and Release Management activities.
- Managed application deployment for complex projects including systems integration.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating Nexus.
- Implemented Spark using Scala, Java and utilizing Data frames and Spark SQL API for faster processing of data.
- Maintained ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana) and Wrote Spark scripts using Scala shell.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Docker and AWS Cloud Templates, build-pipeline- plugin.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Installing and configuring Jenkins master and slave nodes. Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code using chef
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment. And also used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into EC2 instances
- Used Expect scripting initially before Anthillpro to perform automated deployments to all environments.
- Worked with both Scala and Java, Created frameworks for processing data pipelines through Spark.
- Filtering and cleaning data using Scala code and SQL Queries.
- Used Spark for interactive queries, processing of streaming data and integration with popular NoSQL database for huge volume of data.
- Used Spark and Spark-SQL to read the parquet data and create the tables in hive using the Scala API.
- Played key role in migrating the existing on-premise Cloudera Hadoop Data Lake to AWS EMR.
- Worked with large datasets, MapReduce (Hadoop and EMR).
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with kubernetes.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google’s Kubernetes container environment utilizing, Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build, test and deploy applications.
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and Git.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to Apache web servers
- Working experience of deployment of Java applications through WebLogic/WebSphere Application servers
- Implemented Spark Scripts using Scala, Spark SQL to access hive tables into spark for faster processing of data.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using Git.
Environment: Shell Scripting, Perforce, Jira, Bamboo, GIT, (WAS), WebSphere, Web Logic, Test Director, Mercury, Quality center, Ruby, Confluence, Visual Build, C# .Net, ANT, TFS, Tomcat Apache Jenkins, J2EE, Web sphere.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
- Prepared analysis, design, documents for component and functional modules required for the system
- Used Hibernate to do the object relational mapping between the tables andjavaobjects.
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis from the existing system. Captured requirements using UseCases and Sequence Diagrams.
- Wrote SQL queries to access data from MYSQL database, implemented JMS for making asynchronous requests and implemented business logic at server side using Session Bean.
- Used Struts web application framework implementation to build the presentation tier.
- Developed and used JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages.
- Tested applications for best functionality
- Developing and maintaining applications.
- Actively participated in weekly release meetings with stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Creating automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools.
- Worked on GIT which includes creating new users, Branching, Merging the changes
- Extensively worked on various cloud environments like AWS.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Cloud Formation Template, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Migrated the website domain toRoute 53.
- Automation of instance creation, configuring it as node and installing packages on the node with AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Involved in merging, delivering and rebasing from development branch to other higher-level branches in Git, and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Maintain Subversion/GIT repository giving access and group controls.
- Created Branches, Tags for each release and merged the branches after the code freeze.
- Administering SVN and imported the Projects like Branching, labeling and merging the code.
- Installed and configured various Jenkins plug-ins to automate Continuous build deployments.
- CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins for automation of manual tasks using Shell scripting.
- End to End Client Server Installation & Customization of Jenkins through the automation of build/deployment process for respective application/project.
- Automating the deployment procedure, monitoring the deployments and troubleshooting the failed deployments.
- Generating reports from the release tools for the deployments we do.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Experience in working with Data bags, Attributes, Cookbooks, Recipes and Templates in Chef.
- Used Ansible and Chef for application of automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins, GitHub, Chef and AWS.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT and Maven.
- Environment build and deployment automation using Docker containers, Vagrant, and Chef.
- Scripting with shell, Power Shell for VMware automatic kicking off virtual instances and other system administration task automations.
- Automated deployment process using Shell script, where it copies the Jar & Ear files.
- Automated artifacts and configuration files into WebLogic using Shell script and Jenkins.
- Updating and managing source code with different environments like QA/UAT/Production.
- Maintained WebLogic Application Server on different UNIX platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, MAVEN, git, Chef, Jira, Maven, Vagrant, Web logic, Dynamo DB, Oracle, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, VMware ANT, UNIX, Windows 7, Cassandra, Subversion (SVN), Nagios.
BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEER
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Continuous Integration of builds using Jenkins's, Migration of build system Ant to Maven and managing the build system.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google’s Kubernetes container environment utilizing, Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build, test and deploy applications.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Developed Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Installed and Configured Continuous jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in using JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN, Hudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting.
- Installed, configured & handled troubleshooting of Solaris 8/9/10 and Red-Hat 3/4 on Sun Enterprise Servers and AIX on IBM Blade Servers.
- Set up the Domain Name System by configuring the DNS primary, secondary and DNS Clients and configured the database files.
- Administered the Network of 400 UNIX Users using Shell Scripts.
- Monitored the Network and System Performance through VMSTAT, IOSTAT, graphics tool.
- Configured backup and restoration of data from tape in Dump and Tar format using Shell Scripts.
- Implemented backup strategies based on the company policy using Shell Scripts.
- Recovered data from the server after a ROOT file system crash.
- Created and added Swap Space at runtime.
- Part of team for Installation and configuration of DB2.
- Configured additional storage devices, partitioned hard disk based on the project requirement.
- Installed several security packages like SNORT, Tcpd, TCP-wrappers & ASSET.
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers & Desktop Servers.
- Handled Day-to-Day operation of all servers running Production jobs, Backups, Restores and Report generations.
- Worked with heterogeneous Client & Server management.
- Backed up and restored data from tape in ufs dump, tar, cpio&dd format
- Configured the Send Mail configuration file, created e-mail ids, created alias database.
- Handled troubleshooting the configuration file, configured the Boot file for the Domain Name Server to boot, configured and updated the Zone database.
- Installed various software packages such as tcpd, ip-filter and patching the appropriate software.
- Planned for storage and backup including studying the disk space requirement and backup device performance.
- Tested and implemented various types of software for backup.
- Used heterogeneous backup software for Windows and UNIX to backup and retrieve file systems without loss of data.
Environment: Sun Fire, RHEL, IBM Blade Servers, IBM xSeries, Compaq, Red-Hat Linux, Solaris, Oracle, Bash, SNORT, NAS, Send mail, DB2, VERITAS Net Backup, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.0, EMC SAN.