- 9 years of experience as Build & Release Engineer and Over 6+ Years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers and Windows along wif Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experienced in DevOps Build & Release and Configuration Management on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience on Change, Configuration, Release & Build Management and Administration of applications in database, client/server and Web/Internet environments under Unix/NT/2000 platforms.
- Experience wif Cloud Formation (YAML, JSON Templates) to setup and build AWS infrastructure.
- Experienced on Migrating Applications from On - Premises to AWS infrastructure.
- Extensive experience on AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ECS, IAM, EFS, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Route53, and Cloud Front.
- Experience in managing all CM tools (JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, and Visual Studio) and their usage / process ensuring traceability, repeatability, quality and support.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Experience in creating Jenkins Environment and configuring end to end build pipe lines.
- Experience designing, setting up from scratch, and scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from dev to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, maven, Ant, rpm and pop.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Good noledge on protocols and REST and SOAP WebServices.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code.
- Achieved continuous delivery by constantly coordinating wif testing and dev teams.
- Experience wif Bug tracking tool like JIRA. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Continuous deployment using Ant, Maven. Perl, Power shell, Shell, Puppet, Chef, Packer, Terraform on to prem., AWS and Azure.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, HTTP, TCP.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Well Adverse wif the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Jetty.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, Find-bugs, Check-Style, Sonarqube and Gerrit for code review.
- Experience in data management tools like Splunk, ELK, SumoLogic.
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
- Creation of Build &Release Plan, collection, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Worked as a Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer wif good understanding of the principals.
- Hands on experience in setting up DevOps pipeline for solutions involving containers and orchestration.
- Installed, Configured and administered Oracle WebLogic Server 10.0 MP1, 10.0 MP2, 11g and Webservers like Apache in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Initiate automated builds using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to successfully deploy the files.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Code Repositories, views and the access control strategies using the available tools.
- Development and maintenance of Virtual Machine (VM) and Container images for cloud-based solutions
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elasticsearch and other available tools
- Developed some modules using C# and have working noledge on some programming languages like Java, vb.net C, C++.
- Familiarity wif cloud environment (vCAC, AWS, EC2, OpenStack, RackSpace, etc.).
- Experience setting up private cloud using OpenStack and using it.
- Hands on experience in using Elastic container services / Azure Container Services
- Experience designing, setting up from scratch, and scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from dev to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, maven, Ant, rpm and pop
- Understanding of multiple interpreted and/or compiled programming languages for large scale analysis (Python)
- Fluency in scripting languages like ruby, python and bash
- Responsible for all Team Foundation Server related activities, creating build definitions, Branching and merging strategy.
- Helped in migration the existing MYSQL and ORACLE databases to the cloud using AWS Database Migration service and schema conversion
- Written scripts in terraform when required and Parser files of complexity when required
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting and PERL
- Used google cloud integrated cloud service.
- Enabled Global Security and configured Federated Repositories wif Active Directory
- Experience fixing the release issues which are raised during the deployment.
Environment: Chef, Splunk, Python Scripting, PERL, fixing the release issues, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, configuration management tasks, Cassandra, ELK, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Elastic container services / Azure Container Services, Terraform, DevOps pipeline, containers and orchestration.
- Worked wif developers in establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling / naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Source code management wif Git hub, GitLab's codes to various branches and setup Jenkins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Configured Jenkins wif Git for appropriate release build. Scheduled automated nightly build using subversion.
- Maintained Continuous Integration effort wif subversion along wif scheduled builds.
- Automated Weekly releases wif Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and placing Builds into maven Repository.
- Setup and Install Chef workstation, Chef Server and bootstrapping the Chef Clients using knife. Configure knife to manage chef-server, spin-up new instances, package installs and configuration changes on client nodes.
- Developing Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the ChefClient nodes, and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Installed, configured and managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers, and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated wif Amazon MySQL, RDS database.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection (VPC).
Environment: Test Driven Development (TDD), GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, Apache Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Azure, Cassandra, Tomcat, Confluence, Mesos, TeamCity, Apache, JAR, WAR, EAR, shell, Perl, junit, selenium, UDeploy, Nginx, JBoss, Linux, JIRA, Marathon, Apache, Nginx, SQL, PostgreSQL, Mango DB
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Migrate SVN repositories to Git and used GitHub to manage Git repositories.
- Integrated Maven wif Bit Bucket to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maveand to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.Written Shell scripts to deploy the JAR/WAR files to the target JBoss Server.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins wif Artifactory repository.
- Updated Maven build configurations and created integration tests and performance tests Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases.
- Integrated Linux to active directory using Samba-WINBIND.
- Creation and maintenance of scripts for development and deployment.
- Maintenance of continuous integration based on Maven and Jenkins.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, and release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash.
- Conduct builds for suite of J2EE applications using Hudson, Maven and Ant
- Involved in largest projects to design and implemented Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through JBoss Application Server console.
- Performed setup of Clustered environment wif JBoss Application Server.
- Support Lead developers wif Configuration Management issues.
- Administration including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Managed the entire release communication and Release co-ordination during the Project roll-out.
- Involved in estimating the resources required for the project based on the requirements.
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation wif Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet.
Environment: chef cookbooks, Shell, Perl, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Continuous Integration, continuous Deployment, Nexus OSS, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups. YUM, RPM, Linux Machines, Nagios.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Arti factory, Maven, GIT.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a IVR portal dat implements DevOps(Dashboard) to depicts the overall progress of the project wif all sorts of metrics from requirement until delivery.
- Using GIT to manage source code developed by various platform engineers.
- Extensive experience working wif Verizon cloud services and AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, and Cloud Watch.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using deployment of multi stacked environments through AWS Cloud formation templates.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure dat automate the Provisioning of AWS Services through scripts and cloud formation templates.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our environments.
- Supporting the Application team in making them analyze about the automation implementation and other related issues.
- Coordinating wif QA/DEV/Project/Delivery/Production Support/Managers and Performance teams to consider concerns, issues and addressing those aspects to meet the delivery dates.
- Resolved many issues like update, merge and password autantication in Jira.
- Monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using chef.
- Good understanding of Docker Configuration Management Tool.
- Created the strategy for automated build and deployments.
- Perform automated builds on the go when a change is promoted using Jenkins pipeline structure.
- Used Verizon cloud services at production end.
- Manage all CM tools (Arti factory, Maven, Jenkins, Git) and their usage/process ensuring traceability, repeatability, quality, and support.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Deployment and Implementation on customer site and integrate the application wif the customer's internal systems and process
Environment: Amazon web services, Verizon cloud services, Docker, Jenkins, Arti factory, Maven, GIT, GIT Hub, Chef, SVN, Jira.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Involved in Participating in Requirements Gathering for system enhancements as part of solution lead.
- Involved ETL tool Informatica in designing the Workflows, Worklets, Mappings, Sessions and configuring the Informatica Server using Informatica Power Center 8.6 and scheduling the Workflows and sessions using scheduling tools, Control M.
- Worked in ETL design and development - understanding the tradeoffs of various design options on multiple platforms using multiple protocols.
- Involved in Designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy etc.
- Involved Debugging and Performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and sessions. Experience in optimizing the Mappings and implementing the complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations, Mapplets and PL/SQL stored procedures, Function and packages to suit requirements.
- Working wif IBM DB2 UDB emphasis on SQL Database development, migration, Business Requirement Analysis, Application design, testing, implementation and production support of critical OLTP, OLAP and Data warehouse environments.
- Worked on Oracle Data Integration ETL Data mappings for source data extractions
- Integration between DB2, Oracle and SQL Server utilizing Web Services and MQ/JMS.
- Working wif ETL tool suite to design and develop work flows, transformation mappings, and UNIX scripting.
- Collaboratively worked wif development leads and architects during scope, requirements, and design processes to fully document scope, requirements, and design related to the business need, and estimate work effort to implement scope
- Apply Business rule and create mappings for the warehouse.
- Worked closely wif business users to create report specifications and metadata information for report generations.
- Unit testing & integration testing.
- Create Data flow diagram for mappings.Involved in Project migration and deployments of Repositories.
Environment: Informatica 9.0/8.6, Teradata 12, SAP Business Objects XI 3.1, Oracle 10g, ER Studio 8.5.3, SVN, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Toad, and Control M., DB2.
Confidential, Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Required to understand the historical data and analyze user requirements.
- Worked wif user groups and business users in defining their requirements. Gatheird requirements from business analysts and business users.
- Write and execute the SQL statement to validate the data wif source.
- Created specifications for the mappings based on the business requirements.
- Prepared Master Detailed ETL and BI Test Plan for the entire Project.
- Performed End-to-End testing for the entire ETL and Business Intelligence.
- Developed Test Plans based on Test Strategies and Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required to execute Test Plans
- Created MS Word, and MS Excel templates to upload the test cases directly to Quality Center using the inbuilt tools.
- Developed a testing strategy for all upcoming data feeds for both ETL and BI arena.
- Prepared traceability matrix for point’s requirements from the completed test cases.
- Extensively involved wif ETL procedures/mappings/jobs and the testing of front-end reports.
- Involved wif extraction routines to verify all the required data loaded into target systems.
- As a BI Test responsible for the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL Routines, developed test strategies and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Processed reject records for business rules for both dimensions and facts.
- Conducted walkthroughs wif the customer, project management, development team, and Business Analyst.
- and documented test results and defect resolution during all phases of testing.
- Focused on Data Quality issues / problems dat include completeness, conformity, consistency, accuracy, duplicates, and integrity
- Tested Complex Reports using Reporter module in Desktop/Web Intelligence functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill Down, @Functions, Cross Tabs, Master/Detail, and Formulae.
- Verified fields present in the reports are as agreed in the ETL specifications.
- Supported Infrastructure Engineers, Network Engineers, Developers in creating testing checklists and coordinating testing for Projects, Changes, and Emergencies
- Communicated discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitored resolution.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, Stored Procedures, Putty, Business Objects XI 3.0/XI 2.0, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Test Strategies, XML, XSD, XML SPY 2007, MS Office Suite, Informatica PowerCenter 8.1/7.1,TOAD, Rational Tools: Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Test Manager, Manual Tester.