- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Software Configuration and AWS, DevOps engineering.
- Currently working as DevOps engineer/ AWS implementing applications using Jenkins, Python, Maven Perl, Maven, GIT, Docker, Kubernets to achieve continuous integration and continuous Deployment.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like GIT, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Sub Version, Fisheye and Nexus.
- Good experience in automated deployment tool Nolio.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Checkstyles, FindBugs, PMD, Cobertura with CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins.
- Experience in administering and supporting the CM tools including Subversion and CVS on UNIX environments.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation scripting like, Apache ANT, Maven 3, Chef, rundeck, Puppet and Azure, Kubernetes.
- Good Knowledge in Make files, batch, Perl, Groovy and Python scripting.
- Extensive experience in working with Oracle Web Logic, Apache Tomcat application servers.
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Hands on experience in building continuous delivery environments using Jenkins, GIT/GitHub and Collaboration tools, AWS Cloud formation and Puppet.
- Excellent communication skills ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
- Hands on experience in writing and executing Unit test cases.
- Participated in performance tuning and code optimization.
- Excellent skills in relationship management with clients during the project development life cycle and deliver the product within time line, cost and quality.
- Strong communication, planning and problem - solving skills, with ability to work independently or with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in team settings, explain technical needs and provide training across departments.
- DevOps/AWS engineer.
- GIT, Kubernetes, Docker, Nolio, Jenkins.
- Python, Shell/PERL/batch scripting, Bash Script, Ruby.
- Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
- Accurev / SVN / TFS.
- Make files.
- XML, XSLT, SOAP, HTML, UDDI, XSL, HTTP, JMS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Setting up continuous integration and continuous Deployment for formal builds using RTC and GIT with Jenkins repository.
- Automated the release pipeline to achieve zero touch deployments using RTC, GIT, Azure, Jenkins, SVN, Maven and Chef.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using RTC (Rational Team Concert) source control, GIT, AWS and Ansible.
- Experience in Deploying, maintaining and integrating services on AWS Cloud Platform.
- Created deployment workflows in RTC, GIT which includes prerelease, release and Post release steps.
- Maintain and integrate source code repository.
- Integrating third party components, data and deployment by using Make files, shell and python scripting.
- Regulate operational stability.
- Good experience in implementing and managing Amazon Web Services using AWS Command Line Interface.
- Good experience in implementing and managing Make files.
- Automated and implemented the Cloud Formation Stacks (JSON Scripts) for creating/administrating the AWS resources like RTC, GIT, Azure, Jenkins, SVN, Maven.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Kubernetes, Ansible, RTC and Azure.
- Provide Cloud / Azure thought leadership through regular publications and speaking engagements
- For code scanning, I will be running the coverity on weekly basis, so it provides the capability to not only show health of an application but also to highlight issues newly introduced. With a Quality Gate in place, you can fix the leak and therefore improve code quality systematically.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Make files and Batch script for Jenkins builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Batch scripts (here basically on top level we are running the batch scripts, but internally the batch script will call all the make files) to Jenkins and RTC.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in RTC repository.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins like find bugs, check style and PMD with Jenkins/RTC.
- Used Jenkins/RTC and GIT dependency management system to deploy snapshot by using the shell scripting commands and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Container management using Docker and Azure by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy and manage containers (pods) on minions.
- Configured and maintained RTC to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Jenkins and Maven, Azure, RTC and SOAP to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI RTC server.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous integration of build and test systems.
- Own full lifecycle of build system - from analysis, development, implementation and support of builds, unit testing and deployments.
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Performed unit testing and involved in integration testing and QA Testing and KPI driven testing.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Environment: RTC, Azure, SVN, Jenkins, Nolio, Web logic, AWS, Nexus, Sonar, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell, WLST, Python, Ant, Maven, Linux.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Build expertise in Workflow for Amazon Web services including Security Groups, IAM, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, Policy, VPC, Docker, CloudFormationand Chef.
- Using Terraform to create an execution plan to build the infrastructure in a serviceand maintain code versions.
- Using terraform for CI/CD integrate it to Jenkins to perform auto builds and CI.
- Installing Git, Apache Tomcat Application servers on Unix Servers.
- Designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and autoscaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Involved in creating highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS CloudFormation, Code Deploy, EBS and Ops Works.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Involved in writing Java Script functionality for the frontend validation.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Designed and DevelopedJavaObjects based onJavaPatterns and UML Specifications.
- Possessing very good experience in developing and consuming RESTful web services using JSON.
- Played a key role during Analyzing, preparing technical and functional design specification documents as per the Requirements, Architecture, Development and Maintenance of high traffic application built inJava/J2EE.
- Migrated rails applications from Rackspace to Amazon Web Services (AWS) services including Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and Elastic cache.
- Configured and managed source code using Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers Provided consistent environment.
- Automated the periodic ami rehydration of EC2 instances using Lambdaand CloudWatch
- Optimized the EC2 instances run time using Lambda functions and CloudWatch events.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working withUrban Code Deploy.
- Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environments with all the CI/CD tools.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT.
- Implemented Chef to spawn new serverswithright configuration.
- Unblocked development effortswithadditional or upgraded Chef Capabilities. Wrote new chef cookbooks and utilized LWRP's from community cookbooks and recipes to build new OpenResty (nginx) application server and MongoDB server roles.
- Repaired broken Chef Recipes and corrected configuration problemswithother chef objects.
- Developed Scripts and great ideas to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Leading the automation of implementation and configuration work through Chef.
- Using Jenkins to install pluggins, triggering the tools Git to get source code, Ant to build, EC2 instances, web servers.
- Using docker as a container service to continuous deployment of applications and Docker swarm management to CD of application.
- Nagios as a monitoring tool to monitor load balancers, web servers, rooters.
- Configure AWS SNS for simple notifications about servers, RDS.
- Using Docker Swarm for CD of Application.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Lambda, AWS EC2, AWS S3 and RDS, Beanstalk, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS CloudWatch and Route53, ANT, Shell (bash), Nagios, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Docker.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Performed AWS cloud deployments for web applications with monitoring using CloudWatch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Worked on creating the modules driven AWS Infrastructure with Terraform
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach oneor more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience working with AWS Simple calculator to estimate pricing for corporate proposals.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Created Terraform scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets.
- Coordinate with team lead and other developers to implement features according to specifications and helped in refactoring JAVA code to enhance the performance along with fixing issues and application support.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used MVC architecture, Business Delegate, Session facade, Data Access Object, Value Object and Singleton patterns.
- Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Written code using Java Spring and also used REST service to connect the Oracle and display it on the browser.
- Implemented OpenStack on AWS environment.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Written Teraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform in order to launch the stacks.
- Created Chef Cookbooks for sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server.
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Experience working on Terraform, which is used to create and compose all the components necessary to run application.
- Changed the existing Terraform templates to Cloud Formation Templates for use in AWS environment.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services.
- Implemented Web Services integration components from SOA using SOAP Web Services.
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
- Perform day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs.
- Created triggers for efficient access control of the ClearCase operations, to invoke operations before or after the execution of vital ClearCase events, to restrict or provide access to users.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionalities.
- Implemented, integrated and managed Perforce as well as instituting accurate and automated build and release methodologies for Binary compilation for Nginx HTTP/HTTPS, Tomcat, PHP and MySQL.
- Worked on configuring data sources for JBOSS with various versions of databases.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to implement the schema related changes for internationalization and debugged the build errors using SQL queries to make sure Database is not corrupted.
- Designed Methodologies to troubleshoot based on the issues and documented all the procedures to educate team members.
- AWS Terraform templates for any automation requirements in AWS services.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Configured Docker environment with Nagios for monitering.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Puppets Scripts, Python, Nexus, Nginx, JBOSS Application Server, Cloud computing tools
Confidential - Portland, OR
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Install/Configure Apache, Tomcat and Web Logic.
- Experienced in the installation, support, configuration and maintenance of Web Logic servers.
- Implemented Chef Server and components installations, including cert imports, increase chef license, creating admins and users.
- Involved in Chef infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix.
- Installed Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the cookbooks developed within the organization.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes and Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Implemented Auto Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Performed the automation using Puppet Configuration management.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC, along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Involved in defining documenting and maintaining code deployment pilot automation project documents.
- Created continuous integration system using ANT, Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- End-user training regarding branching strategies for all GIT, Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Implement Docker to create containers for Tomcat Servers, Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Created Continuous Build Process using Jenkins as Continuous integration tool.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Deployment applications (JAR, WAR, RAR and EAR) and related troubleshooting in clustered environment using Admin console.
- Involved in Java, J2EE code deployment using Jenkins Jobs and Cron Jobs.
- Configuring WebLogic domains clustered/standalone.
- Used configuration management tools Chef and Puppet.
- Implemented multiple high-performance Mongo DB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Work with Docker for convenient environment setup the test environments.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Have used SharePoint to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python.
Environment: EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, Autoscaling, AWS, CloudWatch, Amazon Machine Image, CentOS, WebLogic, Oracle PL/SQL.
Build and Release engineer
- Worked with two development teams where there are multiple software releases, implemented Release schedules for PROD and Non-PROD, created future releases calendar and schedules.
- Worked in identifying builderrors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis, Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on providing GIT access permissions to developers and other users to different GIT repositories.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
- Involved in migrating the code from SVN to GIT, migrated various artifacts from TFS to GIT depending upon the requirement.
- Worked in setting up builds using Puppet as a configuration management tool.
- Installing, configuring, and administration of Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Configured multiple Linux Slaves for Jenkins Master to distribute load across all the nodes and integrated with Maven to schedule builds.
- Worked in maintaining the build files in Gradle and performing the Build automation with the continuous integration tool as Jenkins.
- Invoked Gradle plugin with Jenkins, integrated the framework with the version control tool for the continuous build and deployment of the package generated from the source code.
- Using ANT, Puppet Scripts with Ivy tobuildthe application and deploy.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements to build a JAVA application.
- Jenkins, Bamboo is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process, automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins.
- Good understanding of build and deployment of Java/J2EE, EAR applications and packages in Tomcat servers.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Worked in managing the nightly, weekly, daily builds to ensure the builds are consistent
- Responsible for the build and release of all the major, minor, hotfix/patch release.
- Make sure the Configuration, Version and Systems are working fine or Setting up a new environment if needed with any Configuration changes.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool
- Created Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build and Release activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
Environment: GIT, GIT Hub, Jenkins, Jira, Chef, TFS, SVN, Perl, Unix, PowerShell, Java/J2EE, ANT, Gradle, Puppet, Ubuntu, Apache Tomcat, SQL Server.