- Around 6+ Years of experience in IT Industry with major focus on Cloud AWS Engineer, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineer and System Admin.
- Extensive experience includes migration from on - premises to Cloud.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and other processes.
- Co-ordination experience with various teams like Dev, QA and Production Operations.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of EC2, Cloudwatch, AMI, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, KMS, ECS, EKS, Security Groups, snapshots and IAM, focusing on high-availability and fault tolerance.
- Good exposure in delivering architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Acquainted with using AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, System test and UAT environments for a software development project.
- Have experience with Server less/PaaS technologies (API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, S3, etc.)
- Having experience in Writing Terraform Scripts, performing validation and deploying.
- Familiar with managing the cluster of containers using Kubernetes by creating various objects like pods, service, volumes, namespace and controllers.
- Experience in using GIT, SVN and CVS.
- Worked on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Maintained Continuous Delivery of containerized Microservices using Jenkins Pipeline.
- Dealt with Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provide Dev Servers.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services and well versed with creation of puppet profiles and role modules.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT and Maven.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience on Continuous Integration tools Hudson, Cruise Control, and Jenkins.
- Extensible experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging strategy Git/SCM.
- Experience in Automating multiple manual task using Shell, Perl, Python and Batch Script
- Experience working with RHEL7, RHEL6.
- Backend development and maintenance of websites using Python, PHP and MySQL.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experienced multiple cookbooks in one recipe and used run-list to execute the process in the chef node.
- Involved in writing Python, Bash, Perl, Groovy, PowerShell and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Utilized Red Hat SatelliteServer for kickstarting VMware virtual servers with the Red Hat RHEL 5/6 OS Versions.
- Having good hands on experience on different flavors ofLinuxlike CentOS and RHEL.
- Experience in migrating key systems from on premise hosting toAWSWeb Services.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installation and configuration ofMySQLdatabase server and client on Linux Red Hat.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Worked across both private (OpenStack) and public clouds (Amazon AWS).
- Excellent hands onOpenStackcloud and implementation.
- Experience with containerization of microservices applications using Dockers on AWS
- Designed and implemented Cloud CI/CD Pipelines and Highly Available and Scalable Microservices platforms adapting VM Services to Docker.
- Experience with web and application servers (Apachehttp server, Tomcat, JBOSS)
- Good knowledge on administration and management of Atlassian tools like Confluence, JIRA and Bitbucket.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Jira and Clear Quest.
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2007, RHEL.
Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS.
Build Tools/ DevOps: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ant, Maven, Jira, Docker, Vagrant.
Database: Oracle 12c, 11g and 10g PL/SQL, SQL 2005 AND Enterprise.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Groovy.
Languages: C, C++, Java, .Net, HTML
Database Management: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, 2008.
SCM Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Clear Case, PVCS.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, Quantum, ELK, Sensu, LogstashCloud Computing AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack.
Confidential, Irving TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Automated solutions for the customer application to the deployment to public cloud environment using infrastructure deployment with Ansible and Terraform.
- Worked on Automating the deployment process for deployment of Application, Containers and Provisioning Public cloud Environment with Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and Docker.
- Extensively used Terraform for building, changing and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Involved in working with AWS cloud administration which includes services like EC2, ECS, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, DynanoDB, IAM, Route53, Auto Scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front and Security Groups.
- Automating the process of secure VPC creation and deployment of the stand-up secure Jenkins server, ELK, etc., by wring the corresponding Terraform /Ansible code.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances
- Developing Process Tools, Automation for Jenkins by compiling build and its manifest file.
- Automate the process of build and deployment of java code into web application servers in Agile Continuous Integration environment.
- Architected and designed AWS cloud formation templets which create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templets.
- Maintained Jenkins to implement the Continuous Integration(CI) process and integrated the tool with GIT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked on Ansible supported YAML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat servers.
- Administered and Maintained GIT Source Code repository. Defined dependencies and plugins in MavenPOM.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Managed theMavenRepository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used Ant/Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Worked on SQL queries to implement schema related changes for internationalization and debug the build errors using SQL quires to make sure Database is not corrupted.
- Worked closely with Development and QA teams, gathering requirements and issues, eventually debugged them to resolve the issue.
- Used Jira to trach change requests and bug fixes and manage tickets for corresponding sprint.
- Created and maintain various Shell scripts on different Linux servers.
- Effectively Monitoring the infrastructure using tools like Splunk, Dynatrace and CloudWatch.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- SSL Security certificate management for enterprise, maintaining certificates across multiple SSL providers, and integrating certificates into products such as apache tomcat, AWS-ELB.
- Developed Web Services withPythonprogramming language.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Jenkins, and multiple AWS services.
Environment: Linux, Docker, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Shell, GIT, Python, YAML, Terraform, Ansible, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, IAM, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Bitbucket, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation
Confidential, Kansas City, Missouri
- Collaborating with development team to enhance deployment processes by implementing CICD
- Designing Application architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Connected user requests to infrastructure running in AWS such as Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, or Amazon S3 buckets and outside AWS using Amazon Route 53.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Worked and administered different Linux (Red Hat Linux) hosts.
- Wrote puppet manifest to automate configuration of a board range of services and involved in setup and configuration of Puppet configuration Management.
- Setup Puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry. Created multiple Containers with Specific Run Times and Proxying using NGINX for Virtual Hosting of Multiple Containers in Single Docker Host
- Maintained and administered Gerrit code review tool and Integrated with GIT and Jenkins for code review, code merge.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Gerrit and GIT
- Developed Jenkins module for performing various builds using Groovy.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end CI/CD product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet & Jenkins.
- Developed Splunk module to perform log monitoring of different service logs.
- Worked partly on Oracle12g Puppet module and used Oracle DB for insertions, dumping and backing up of data for Gerrit service.
- Developed Shell scripts for different uses over different services.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Worked on creating Docker images, containers and registry.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Created and modified existing Dockerfile.
- Experience working with Docker Swarm and Docker Compose.
- Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script,Mavenand Ant.
- Used Ruby to create various templates in different Puppet modules.
- Experience in Package Management using RPM/YUM/apt-get and Red Hat Satelliteserver.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using RedHat Satellite server.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers likeApache,Tomcat.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Debug and resolve Pre-PostOpenStackdeployment failures.
- Used scripting languagesRuby, Shell to develop various scripts.
- Created RPMs for usage with Puppet modules while creating various Red Hat Linux VM’s.
- Installed, configured, administeredApache, JBoss and Tomcat.
Environment: Linux (RHEL), Unix, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Gerrit, Splunk, Docker, Apache, Ruby, Shell, Json, Python, Ansible, HTML, CSS
Confidential, Dallas TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience working with various Linux machines with Red Hat and CentOS flavor.
- Designed CloudFormation scripts to deploy and secure infrastructure in AWS and managed IAM roles, policies and encryption keys.
- Automated the complete installation and hosting infrastructure with AWS cloud formation.
- Hosted Web Apps and RDS instances in private cloud and maintained secure connection by using NAT Gateways.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Autoscaling configurations for monitoring the log files, Store them and track metric and for application logs we have ELK stack where we customized the Logstash configuration to log particular log and implemented email notification.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories, different branching & merging strategies, Views, access control strategies and Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Developed Build and Deploy scripts using Maven as build tools for java application in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environment and also created new jobs and pipeline through Jenkins.
- Configured SonarQube and Integrated it with Jenkins to measure and analyze the source code quality.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML.
- Experience using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Images, and Docker registry and used containerization to make our application platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Configure, maintain and monitorMySQLand its replication.OptimizedMySQLqueries and troubleshoot performance issues to ensure efficient server performance.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat server and static content toApacheweb server.
- Experience with containerization of microservices applications using Dockers on AWS
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Developed Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby Scripts for automation and deployment purpose.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Used ticketing tool JIRA and also trigger the issues and maintained bugs using Jira tool.
- Involved in various phased of application development and developed system going through Agile, Scrum methodology.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
Environment: Linux, Java, SVN, Perl, YAML, PHP, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, AWS, Docker, Cloudformation Apache, Ant, JIRA, Shell, SonarQube, MySql, Nexus, Python, JSON
Build & Release Engineer
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and BITCUCKET and assist the developer to fix merging issues to implement the parallel development process.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Created the branches in Subversion and perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Developed startup and automate scripts using Bash Shell Scripting and Python.
- Automated build process with Build Automation tools like ANT and MAVEN
- Performed software configuration/release management activity for Java application.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration (CI)process using tools like Jenkins with approvals from development and other affected teams.
- Developed automation framework for Application development to the cloud environment.
- Implemented AWS services EC2, ELB, EBS, Elastic Search, Auto Scaling groups, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache as part of cloud infrastructure.
- Used Atlassian Confluence to create notes, project plan and file collaboration.
- Worked with puppet enterprise which an application release orchestration for environment management and release coordination.
- Monitoring progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Expertise in Jira in issuing tickets project management, change management and release management.
Environment: Bitbucket, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Apache, Python, AWS, Shell script, Atlassian confluence, Jira
- Installing and configuring ESXi 4/5/6 using custom based ISO's and Boot From SAN based installs on several hundred CISCO UCS B200's, B250's as required for UAT/Production deployments of Windows 2003/2008 and RHEL deployments.
- Worked on creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Used scp and sftp to transfer files from one system to other.
- Automating Deployments and providing an automation.
- Installation and configuration of JBoss, Web Sphere Application Server on Solaris andLinux.
- Working experience on data migration using Python.
- Configured Virtual Linux/Ubuntu machines using Oracle Virtual Box for testing purposes.
- Creating Active Directory user and security group creation in domains, create shares and designate permissions for specific groups.
- Worked on Active Directory related issues such as: Logon failures, Replication issues, authentication problems.
- Worked on active directory profile management.
Environment: Linux, Windows 2003,2008 TCP/IP, Shell, Python, SQL, Oracle, NFS.