- Around 8 years of experience in IT Industry with an extensive experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM), Release Management (RM) DevOps Automation Engineer and Linux Administration.
- Actively involved in each phase of the Software Development Life - Cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on build and release of quality software.
- Worked on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams, in deploying application packages for various application servers.
- In depth understanding of the principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM), lean in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in Agile, Scrum Waterfall methodologies. Wrote Pom.xml for Maven application builds automation.
- Extensive experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tool MAVEN for build and deployment.
- Automated processes with custom built Python & Shell scripts.
- Experienced in implementing Chef, Ansible.
- Install and configure SSH to enable secure access to the servers.
- Working knowledge of web servers (Apache/Tomcat), web frameworks (NodeJS) and protocols and technologies.
- Good experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Wrote Pom.xml for Maven application builds automation.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and Container Orchestration like EC2 Container Service,Kubernetes.
- UsedKubernetesto orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Good Experience in AWS cloud.
- Strong understanding of IAM, and cloud based access and security controls.
- Also has good knowledge with EC2, S3, Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing Security groups on AWS.
- Experience with Public Cloud Identity and Access management.
- Experience with key and certificate management.
- Involved in the implementation ofBDD(Behavior Driven Development) UsingCucumber.
- Extensive experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub.
- Implementation ofAPIdriven approach for managing Practitioners, Organizations and Order Management.
- Ability in execution of Shell (Bash) Scripts.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging/deployment /releasemethodology, and application configurations.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT & PROD for various releases & designed instance strategies.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef-repo and Chef Nodes.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
SCM Tools: GIT, GIT Hub, Subversion.
Build Tools: Maven, ANT.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
DevOps tools: Docker, Chef, Ansible.
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA
Project Management Tools: Atlassian Tools.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Monitoring Tools: Nagios
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX (RHEL).
JBOSS, Apache Tomcat: Cloud Computing
Scripting Languages: Shell Script, Python Script, Power Shell Script.
Platforms: Linux 4/5, UNIX, Centos
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, MSAccess,DB2
Web Technologies: HTML
Roles & Responsibilities:.
- As anAws/DevOpsmy role includes Continuous integration, continuous deployment, source code management to support the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Worked on designing and deploying a multi-tier application utilizing scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems onAWSstack implementing EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, ELB, CloudWatch, EMR and Cloud Formation.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
- On boarded Veracode Scan for checking the quality of code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily processes.
- Generated required Jar & War files using Maven.
- Automating the installation building post install scripts using Shell scripting in RHEL servers.
- Experience in automated deployment of application in Tomcat Server.
- Experience in automating, building and deploying of code in different environments (Dev, QA, UAT, PT, and Prod).
- Experience in monitoring the services by using Nagios.Jira used for ticket raising and work flow tool
Environment: GIT, Stash, Maven, Chef, AWS, Java, Shell Scripts, Jenkins, JIRA. Veracode
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Release Engineer for a team dat involved diverse development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Perform administration of users, supported team for parallel development.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion and GIT.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for two applications i.e. Managed development streams and Integration streams.
- Setup various Jenkins jobs for build and test automation and created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Train and recommend GIT workflow to developers.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on JAVA projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used Maven Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Experience in writing Mavenpom.xml for build scripts.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation for database using Jenkins.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to QA environments.
- Deploy and Monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS
- Worked on Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Involved in monitoring and metering for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Used Chef to automate the deployment workflow of JAVA applications on Apache Tomcat servers.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Setup and Install Chef workstation, Chef Server and bootstrapping the Chef Clients using knife.
- Configure Knife to manage chef-server and configuration changes on client nodes.
- Developing Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the cookbooks to Chef-Server from Workstation.
- Involved in setting up of Docker and creating new images and getting images from Docker hub and performing the builds.
- Experience with handling Cloud Environments (AWS), Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- Created development and integration Branches after a major release for various development teams.
- Installed JIRA on Tomcat server.
- Created analytics matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Chef, SVN, AWS, Java, Shell Scripts, Python, SCM, Jenkins, JIRA
Confidential, San ramon, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation and Configuration of RedHat Enterprise LINUX server.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Setup of build scripts, systems and infrastructure to enable build and release process.
- Build Java files using MAVEN build tool.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins for end-to- endautomation of various build and deployments.
- Experience in handling source control systems GIT and SVN.
- Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories according to the client specifications.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker.
- Automated Docker container backups and deployed ApacheNetworking: HTTP, applications usingAnsible.
- Performing data analytics usingRedshiftunder the guidance of various Business Intelligence tools such as Qlik view, Looker etc. We had monitored the data pipelines usingApache Kafka.
- Developed customAnsibleplaybook and integrated in Jenkins configuration for setting up the automated build pipeline for GIT.
- Hands on writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts for compilation deployment processes.
- Communicating with all levels of engineering, management, developers and testing teams.
- Hands on troubleshooting skills and project documentation.
Environment: MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, GIT, SVN, Shell scripting, Subversion, Ansible, Jenkins, RedHat Enterprise Linux.
Confidential, Voorhees, NJ
System Admin/DevOps Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Primary support to all kind of issues for All of Unix and Linux
- Installation and configuration of SUDO package accomplished successfully across various UNIXplatforms.
- Day to day system administration to support several Server in Production in developmentenvironments.
- Limiting user account privileges using SUDOERS.
- AWScloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWSCloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience in Shell scripting bash to automate system administration jobs
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer on-premises data center with AWS Cloud using AWSVPC and VPN.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several Environments in VMware and the AWScloud.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS.
- Managing Linux, VMware and AWS/VM’s.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins and GIT.
- Written Chef Cookbook, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Experience working on several Dockercomponents like DockerEngine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Dockerimages and handling multiple Images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Dockercontainer snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Created reference Architecture and built Minimum Viable product (MVP) for containerization platform using Docker andKubernetes.
- Worked with Docker andKuberneteson multiple cloud providers, from halping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Manual Installation and configuration of Tomcat and Apache servers.
- Installed and configuredSplunkmonitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
Environments: Linux, Docker, Kubernetres, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat Server, Apache Server, Splunk, Python, Shell, Chef and AWS.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interacted with Client, Product Owner and Development team to understand the User stories and Acceptance Criteria and gatheird Functional and Non-Functional requirements for project release.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS locators to find the Web Elements using selenium and creating automation scripts.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Extensively used Ansible.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG Unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations.
- Involved in acceptance testing usingCucumber.
- Experience working with ALM (Application Life Cycle Management) tools (HP QC).
- Developed BDD tests usingCucumberby writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA forCucumber.
- Hands on experience in testing the RESTFUL Web Service.
- Developed JBehave framework for BDD(Behavior Driven Development).
- Hands on experience in usingAppiumEmulators and IOS Simulators for Mobile App Testing.
- UsedAppiumEmulators and Simulators for testing the application in Mobiles.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS usingAppiumTool.
- Involved in developing the Mobile UI automation framework Calabash.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements usingAppium tool.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium.
- Identify the Elements usingAppiumInspector, Configuring theAppiumfor the Mobile IOS using selenium.
- Experience working with virtualization tools (DevTest).
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using JUnit.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using RALLY and reported to developers and test manager.
- Performed Data-driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used JIRA forIdentifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs.
- Performed smoke testing in UAT and production environments for deployment verification.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, ALM, Eclipse, Java 1.8, Maven, TestNG, JBehave, PL/SQL, RALLY, CSS, Appium, Calabash, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, Html, MS Excel, SOAP UI, BDD Framework, Jenkins, CI/CD, POM.
Build and Release Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Linux 4.0, 5.0
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting on VMware such as Redhat.
- Worked with Global NOC (Network Operations Center) with a team of 20 with key emphasis on optimal systems performance and maximum uptime of 24x7 operations.
- Involved in Continuous Build automation using Maven
- Supported daily and weekly routines of pushing builds based on test results
- Involved in building pipelines using Jenkins while researching and implementing code coverage.
- Performing post build unit tests in Jenkins.
- Involved in database deployment functionality such as executing the scripts
- Managed and installed software packages using YUM and RPM and created repository files for offline servers
- Supported small to medium sized projects in GitHub.
- Experience in integrating GIT with continuous integration tool like Jenkins.
- Installation of Linux servers for Web Serving, File Sharing, Database, and Git
- Involved in planning and testing new applications and operating systems
- Report on VM improvements, and make recommendations for the upgrades, which include VM virtual hardware versions and VMware Tools with less business impact
- Monitoring & troubleshooting of any datacenter outages.
- In addition with supporting large-scale web applications, we indexed database queries usingMYSQLserver by writingSQLqueries.
- Responsible for Trouble shoot various systems problems such as core dump analysis, network problems and hardware related problems.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Apache, Jenkins, GIT, MAVEN, VMware, Python, SQL.