- Over 6 plus years of experience in a wide range of IT disciplines, specializing in WebSphere Application Server, Jboss EAP, Jboss FUSE, WebSphere Process Server, MQ, IBM HTTP Web Server and adept in all facets of Administration, Maintenance, Integration including Installation, Migration and Configuration.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.5, Jboss EAP 7.x/6.x on IBM AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, and Windows.
- Extensive experience with WebSphere Application Server IBM HTTP, IHS, Apache, ESB, WODM,WSRR, WebSphere DataStage / IIS, Tivoli Access Manager and MQ Series Administration.
- Proficient in deploying J2EE applications on WebSphere Application Server and Jboss using deployment tools such as Jenkins and ANT. Experience in applying fix packs and plug - in's for WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in creating and managing WebSphere and Jboss Environmental variables for Data Sources and JDBC Driver paths.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications in Development, QA, Staging and Production Environments. Experience in setting up LDAP security for applications deployed in WebSphere Process and WebSphere Application Server.
- Experienced in installing the security certificates and configuring Site minder for single sign on (SSO). Configured global security with LDAP registry and generated self-signed certificates (SSL) using Ikeyman.
- Experience in problem tracing, log management, scripting to invocate problem -determination actions involving diagnostic traces and thread dumps.
- Expertise troubleshooting production issues like application server hang, high Memory and CPU issues and overall server Status with commands and GUI tools. Tuning the Prepared Statement Cache for WebSphere Application Server which resulted in very large Application Server memory footprints, Out Of Memory errors or crashes of the Java process.
- Well experienced in performance tuning, trouble shooting using Resource analyzer, log analyzer.
- Strong experience in performance monitoring and tuning by using the Tivoli Performance Viewer and Wily Introscope on IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Experienced in migration of earlier versions to the latest versions like 7.x to 8.5 versions.
- Experience on interoperability of WebSphere Application server with IIOP/RMI.
- Experienced in implementing Work Load Management (WLM) methodology and Fail Over mechanisms using cloning and clustering including horizontal and vertical cloning.
- Experienced in opening a severity tickets with IBM PMR support Level 1, 2, 3 premium support teams to resolve any critical issues and escalating the issues for quick resolution.
- Experienced in setting up the configuration and run time traces, generating thread & heap dumps and uploading to PMR support team.
- Experienced in configuring the application health policies like memory leaks, dynamic operations like application response times in WebSphere Virtualized environment.
- Performed root-cause analysis for Production outages and provided management with analysis reports.
- Configured Queue Connections Factories, Queue Definitions, and Listener Ports in order to provide connectivity to Enterprise MQ infrastructure and also worked on Service Integration Bus configurations.
- Self-motivated and high target oriented individual with application development experience on IBM Mainframes using DB2/IMS DB on TSO/ISPF Environment
- Configured Global Security for WebSphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry and configured SSL for LDAP communications.
- Good communication skills with high motivation to work in a team environment and also capable of managing the project independently.
- Experience in defining, administering, and maintaining Queue managers, Queues, Channels, and other MQ Objects.
- Experienced in debugging the WMQI Message flows and MQ setup to identify performance issues.
- Extensive experience in providing 24/7 on-call support for applications servers.
- Excellent communication skills, strong architectural skills, hardworking and a good team player.
Application/web Servers: WebSphere Application Server ND v8.x/v7.x/v6.x, JBOSS EAP 7.x/6.x/5.x, IBM HTTP Server 8.x/7.x/6.x, WebSphere MQ 6.x/5.x, WMB 5.0,WESB,ITAM. Apache 2.3.x, IIS, Tomcat 3.x.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Solaris, AIX, Z/Linux and Windows.
Programming/Others: Java, J2EE, HTML, XML, Unix Shell Scripting. WSADMIN. Jboss CLI ANT, Jenkins
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0, SQL Server, DB2.
System Monitoring Tools: Tivoli performance viewer, Mercury, CA Wily Introscope, Log Analyzer, CoreAnalyzer, TraceAnalyzer, MemoryAnalyzer, and ISA.JON, CA NimSoft, AppDynamics. HP SiteScope, Solarwinds
Network Protocols/Services: NetScaler, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, SSL, SMTP..
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Sr. Web Infrastructure Administrator
- Installed, configured, and maintained WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (ND) V7.x/8.x, Jboss EAP 7.x/6.x, Fuse and IBM Http Server V7.x/8.x, Created profiles using Profile Creating Wizard and silent profile creation.
- Automated configuration, deployment using Jython scripts using AdminConfig, AdminApp, AdminControl and AdminTask tasks.
- Building application and deployment on WebSphere domain.
- Used ANT script to automate the build and deploy process.
- Experience in configuring SSL for web servers, requesting and installing secure certificates, enabling global security using LDAP registry and single sign on.
- Installed the Refresh Packs and Cumulative Fixes to WebSphere ND V8.x environment.
- Created the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND V8.x to achieve Work Load Management High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over.
- Configured Web server plug-in to directing dynamic requests to application servers for load balance in clustered environment.
- Managed performance tuning of Web Server, Web Container, EJB Container and database connection pool.
- Installed, configured and maintained MQSeries 7.0 and Troubleshooting daily issues like channel connection problems.
- Configured WebSphere MQ Connection Factories and Queue Destinations for connecting applications on WebSphere to MQ.
- Involved in configuring WAS with Security Appliances such as LDAP, CA SiteMinder.
- Integrated WebSphere applications with MQSeries using JMS messaging.
- Configured Wily Introscope with JVM for performance monitoring purpose, Edited Managed modules to setup alerts cautioned and danger levels for JVMs.
- Setting up of IBM edge server for reverse proxy in DMZ and network dispatchers for load balancing.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JVM heap settings, JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, Virtual Hosts, Global Security and SSL.
- Involved in securing the J2EE applications by implementing Single Sign On by using SiteMinder.
- Configured and handled Wily Introscope for monitoring the performance and for troubleshooting of WebSphere environment.
- Configured WebSphere SSO security, Web Seal junctions, Tivoli Access Manager (TAM).
- Troubleshooting Admin Server start-up issues, Memory leaks and class path issues.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebSphere Application Server.
- Monitoring and Administration of applications using Site Scope.
- Responsibilities included support, troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management, post-mortem analysis, and root cause identification. Interact and coordinate activities with cross-functional teams, including development, system
- Used tools for WAS profiling and tuning which included Tivoli performance viewer, Wily Introscope, Heap Analyzer, Thread Analyzer,, Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer(AST), ITCAM.
Environment: Jboss EAP7.x/6.x, Jboss Fuse, WebSphere Application Server ND V7.0x/8.x, IHS 7.x/8.x, IBM WebSphere MQ, TomcatV7.x/8.x, CA SiteMinder, Tivoli Access Manager(TAM), DB2/UDB 9.x, UNIX (Solaris, AIX, Linux), Wily Introscope 6.x. AppDynamics, CA NimSoft.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Middleware Administrator
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server8.x/7.x/6.x on AIX7.1 using GUI as well as silent installation in various platforms like Linux v6.1 (RHEL), AIX, and Solaris.
- Created profiles using Profile Creating Wizard and silent profile creation in Red Hat Linux and Windows.
- Installation and Configuration of Deployment Manager to create Centralized application management.
- Deployed Web Archive and Enterprise Archive applications to WebSphere Application Servers and maintained applications.
- Installed, Configured and Deployed web services in WebSphere WESB, WSRR and BPM.
- Upgrade of WebSphere Web Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) with WebSphere Process Server installation on Version 7.0 & 6.0 and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus installation.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Process Server including tracking of where the current business process is and troubleshooting issues with other services and MQ.
- Experience in Migrating existing applications from WebSphere 6.x to 7.x and 7.x to 8.x on different platforms.
- Provided support for the entire cycle of application testing including building applications, deploying, and trouble shooting.
- Worked closely with developers on Enterprise Applications, Web resources, JDBC providers and JVMs.
- Configured WAS Global Security using Tivoli Directory Server and Microsoft Active Directory by using LDAP as user registry.
- Worked closely with Database Administrators to resolve database and JDBC related issues in WebSphere Application Server.
- Used UNIX Shell, PERL, JACL and JYTHON Scripts for automating tasks
- Worked closely with System Administrators to perform installations, profiles creation, and resolve system related issues when required root or admin access.
- Achieved Work Load Management by creating Clusters and Cluster Members in WAS 7.x and 8.x.
- Performance tuned the WebSphere Environment by configuring caching, queuing, pooling, JVM parameters and Problem determination using Tivoli performance viewer (TPV) & Wily Introscope.
- Handled deployment of Java Servlets, Session beans and Entity Beans for each module to respective instances of application server clusters and web applications.
- Configuration and setup of Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings, Web container parameters using the Admin Console and WSADMIN.
- Administrated Data Power components such as MPGW and front side handlers, logging configuration.
- Implemented security and processing policies and rules for Data Power components.
- Provided configuration changes and backup activities in automated manner through Data Power functions.
- Used WASPROFILE & MANAGEPROFILES to create multiple WebSphere profiles from the command line interface.
- Used Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, & Connection Pool sizes.
- Troubleshooting Application Servers start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment and class path issues.
- Provided 24/7 support for assigned applications.
- Extensively worked on WebSphere MQ Installations, configuration, administration of WebSphere MQ Server version 7.0 for multiple high profile projects.
- Configured WebSphere for messaging by defining Queue Destinations &Queue Connection Factories.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server8.x /7.x, IBM DB2 10.1, IBM WESB7.5, IBM WSRR7.x, Tivoli Directory Server 5.1, IHS Web Server 8.x, Apache HTTP Server, IBM Installation Manager, 1.7, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Wily Introscope 7.x, IBM SIM, SAM, IBM Data power Appliance, SQL server.