- 9+ Years of IT industry Experience in Linux Administration, with Software Configuration Management, Change Management, build automation, Release Management and DevOps experience in large and small software development organizations.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins and Maven.
- Experience in using Configuration Management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate application installation and configuration management.
- Expertise on all aspects of chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like Ohai, push jobs, super market etc.
- Extensively worked on Vagrant &Docker based container deployments to create environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Experience in working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Knowledge on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Maintained Jenkins masters with over 80+ jobs for over 10+ different applications supported Several Quarterly and project releases in parallel.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End - to-End automation for all build and CD.
- Expertise in using Nexus and Arti factory Repository server for Maven and Gradle builds.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Shell Scripting.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Icinga, Nagios.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining teh version across teh environments using, Software Configuration Management tools like GITHUB, Subversions (SVN) like GIT, and Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experienced migrating SVN repositories to GIT.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise gradePaaSsolutions usingPivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF)as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote Repositories for a single application.
- Experienced with handling Cloud environments AWS and Open Stack.
- Well experience in setting up VPC peering between two VPCs and remote VPN.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Analyze and evaluate existing architecture at Customer on Premise Datacenters and Design, Configure and Migrate complex network architectures to AWS Public Cloud.
- Proficient in AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, Elastic Bean stalk, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Route 53.
- Provisioning EC2 instances and has noledge on all resources areas of EC2 like instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Keypairs, Elastic IP’s, Snapshots, Load Balancers and Security Groups.
- Worked in managing VMs in Amazon using AWS and EC2.
- Hands on Experience in AWS provisioning and good noledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS.
- Good Knowledge in Bash, Ruby, Python and Perl scripting.
- Staying up-to-date with current Web application and development technologies and services.
- Responsible for delivery of new environments with various middleware configuration for newly assigned projects and performed backfill activities on all environments to bring teh env’sup to current release cycles.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installedPivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)on EC2 to manage containers created byPCF.
DevOps Tools: Nexus Repository, SonarQube, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Nagios, Icinga, GIT.
Infrastructure as A service: AWS, open stack (basic understanding).
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, VMware, Vagrant.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD.
Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Version Control Software: Subversion, GIT, Perforce.
CD Tools: Cruise, Urban CodeuDeploy, UrbanCode Release/Build
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
DevOps Engineer / AWS Engineer
- Leveraged various AWS solutions likeEC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Security Group, Auto ScalingandRDSin cloud Formation JSON templates
- DefinedAWS Lambdafunctions for making changes to AmazonS3buckets and updatingAmazon DynamoDBtable.
- Created snapshots andAmazon machine images(AMI) of teh instances for backup and createdIdentity Access Management(IAM)policies for delegated administration within AWS
- CreatingPython scriptsto fully automate AWS services which includesELB, Cloud Front Distribution, EC2, Security Groups andS3. dis script creates stacks, single servers and joins web servers to stacks.
- Wrote python scripts to manage AWS resources fromAPIcalls usingBOTO SDKalso worked withAWS CLI.
- UsedAWS Route53, to route teh traffic between different availability zones. Deployed and supported Mem-cache/AWS Elastic Cache and tan configuredElastic Load Balancing (ELB)for routing traffic between zones.
- UsedIAMto create new accounts, roles and groups and policies and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points withDynamoDB, RDS.
- WroteChefCookbooks to install and configureIIS7, Nginxand maintained legacy bash scripts to configure environments and tan converted them toRuby Scripts.
- Working withGITHUBto store teh code and integrated it toAnsible Towerto deploy teh Playbooks.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring usingAnsible Playbooksand TEMPhas integrated Ansible withJenkins.
- WroteCI/CD pipelineinGroovy scriptsto enable end to end setup of build & deployment usingJenkins.
- WroteAnsiblePlaybooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for Managing Configurations of my servers, Nodes, Test Playbooks on AWS instances usingPython.
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Created and maintained continuous Integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- CreatedSonarQubereporting dashboard to run analysis for every project.
- WrittenGRADLE, MAVENscripts to automate build processes and managed Maven repository using Nexus Tool and used teh same to share snapshots and releases.
- ManagedMavenproject dependencies by creating Parent-child relationships between all projects.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown ofConfidential (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana)and troubleshooted teh build issues with ELKand work towards teh solution.
- Working on Deployment and Configuration ofConfidentialfor log analytics, full text search, application monitoring.
- Configured network and server monitoring usingGrafana, ConfidentialwithLogspoutandNagiosfor notifications.
- DevelopedSplunkqueries and Splunk dashboards targeted at understanding applications performance and capacity analysis.
- Installed, configured, modified, tested & deployed applications onApache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, JBossapp servers.
- MaintainedJIRAfor tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Planned release schedules withagile methodology& coordinated releases with engineering &SQAfor timely delivery.
Environment:AWS, S3, EC2, ELB, IAM, RDS, VPC, SES, SNS, EBS, Cloud Trail, Auto Scaling, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Linux, Java, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, AppDynamics, Nagios, ELK, SonarQube, Nexus, JaCoCo, JBOSS, Nginx, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby and Python.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
DevOps Architect / AWS Engineer
- Created new Ec2 instances with desired role in a VPC that is dedicated to Dev environment.
- Wrote cucumber test scripts that checks teh data ingested into various applications.
- Worked on design of teh clinical data lake that is created in AWS S3 which TEMPhas various zones helps for storing data which is used by analytical tools.
- Worked on Auto Scaling, Cloud watch(monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployment), AWS EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Extensively used Cloud Formation templates for deploying teh infrastructures.
- Written teh Cloud Formation scripts for data lake components that use various AWS services such as Data pipeline, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS and RDS database.
- Worked as Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.
- Worked withJIRAfor creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for teh projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes forJIRA.
- Building teh CI/CD process from scratch.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on UrbanCodeuDeploy.
- Possessed teh domain noledge on all teh platforms of Microsoft Azure Cloud Technology
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Red hat, Centos
- Monitoring teh Azure clusters health Pre and Post deployments
- Onboarding different applications into Jenkins environment for CI and managing Jenkins server.
- Experienced with CI tools and Version Control Tools or Source Code tools.
- Managing day to day activity of teh cloud environment, supporting development teams with their requirements.
- Worked on Versions controller like GIT and integration tools Jenkins.
- Worked onJavaand.netapplications by automating their build from end to end, even by integrating test tools likeSonarQubeandVisual StudiousingJenkins
- Developed Ansible Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of teh existing infrastructure.
- Creation and maintenance of content for teh Ansible community and implementation of Ansible modules based on customer and community requirements.
- Working on migrating legacy, on premise applications on various Cloud platforms like OpenStack, OpenShift, Container orchestration.
- Very good understanding and working noledge of Orchestrating Applications Deployments with Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management and patching through Ansible.
- UsedJiraas ticket tracking and workflow tool
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with python SSH as teh wrapper to manage Configuration of AWS nodes and tested playbooks on AWS instances using python. Run Ansible scripts to provide Dev servers.
- Ansible setup, managing hosts file, authoring various playbooks and custom modules.
- Managing Nexus and Sonarqube server for uploading teh artifacts and code quality analysis.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Performance Monitoring, resolving network issues and tuning teh system using tools such asTop, Iostat, Vmstat, Netstat, Truss, Sar, Ndd, Ithtool, Dtrace, Strace.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using Urbancode and Cruise to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring teh network bandwidth and teh hard drives status.
- Worked on DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools as Ansible designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked withVmstat, Iostat, SAR, TNsping, Netstat and TCP dumpto determine teh system and network health, deployed Linux and windows virtual machines frompre-configured templates as VM Deployed.
- Configuring teh Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and CD.
- Dockerizing of existing applications, Docker images development and size and speed optimization.
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Configured Yum repository server for installing packages from centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount teh keys on every Debian Production Server for Password-less autantication.
- Installed and Configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Applied teh clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirements for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS and send mail on Red hat Linux/Debian severs.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL and MariaDB Database on Red Hat/Debian Servers.
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide teh support of building teh server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
Environments: AWS, Ansible, Puppet, Red Hat, Centos, VMware, GIT, Bash Scripting, Shell Scripting, DHCP Server, KVM, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
DevOps Developer / Engineer
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Coordinate with Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Worked closely with project management to discuss code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a successful release.
- Build, manage, and continuously improve teh build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementations of build Scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Managing teh code migration from TFS, CVS and star team Subversions repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Installed, configured, managed and monitoring tools such asSplunk, Nagios and Graphitefor Resource monitoring, network monitoring, log trace monitoring.
- Using Jira, Confluence as teh project management tools.
- Successfully collaborated with cross-functional teams in design and development of software features for enterprise satellite networks usingC /C++,leading to senior role in teh organization
- Created repositories according to teh structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up-meetings.
- Configured applications servers (Apache Tomcat) to deploy teh code.
- Installation and configuration and setup of Docker container environment.
- Created a Docker Image for a complete stack and created a mechanism via Git workflow to push teh code into teh container, setup reverse proxy to access it.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GIT on GKE utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for teh runtime environment for teh CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Experienced in Docker orchestration framework, Troubleshooting of Docker based applications.
- Exposure to Mesos Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for teh application deployments and Docker containers.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Installed Docker registry for local upload and download images and even from Docker Hub.
- Used Submodules in teh GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Arti factory & GIT server.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure, wrote cookbooks to automate teh configuration setups, Deployments and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Chef.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Chef server and Chef-client(Nodes).
- Repaired broken Chef Recipes and corrected configuration problems with other Chef objects.
- Installed applications and load balance packages on different server using Chef
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for teh Builds as teh continuous Integration process.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo & Arti factory Server.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Manage and document all post deployment issues utilizing teh post Deployments Issue Log.
Environment: Chef, Apache Tomcat, GIT, Python, Ruby, Bamboo, Perl, Shell, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Participated in teh release cycle of teh product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production
- Responsible for teh build and release management process.
- Automated teh deployment and server bounce process is by creating teh scripts using JBoss, Shell scripts and WLST scripts.
- Design, integration, deployment and automation of J2EE Application servers - Tomcat, WebSphere (Portal, BPM, MQ, ESB, Application Server, IIIS and Data Stage) and WebLogic Application Server across UNIX, Windows and Linux platforms
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects using Enterprise Puppet.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and Puppet, Utilizing cloud providers as a direct Jira.
- Involved in developing teh Ruby scripts for Puppet and great ideas to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Developed build and deployment scripts MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Developed and maintained UNIX scripts for build and release tasks.
- Facilitate Source Code Management (SCM) best practices among development QA and solution teams.
- Developed branching strategy suitable to current code structure and successfully executed using SVN and Tortoise SVN
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating teh WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Involved in various in-house projects using ESB and SOA architecture
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with teh Maven release plugin, Mavenization of JAVA projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in teh Production environment.
- Used ANT scripts and Shell scripts to automate build and release process.
- Troubleshoot tickets on teh helpdesk tracking system.
Environments: Java, J2EE, SVN (Subversions), Hudson, Puppet, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Shell/Perl Scripting, WebSphere, UNIX.
- Installed SUSE Linux on Cisco Hardware for SAP HANA deployment.
- Experience with Linux installation, configuration management and patch administration as member of a production support team.
- Strong noledge of Linux Kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Good noledge of LVM, which include creating PVs, VGs, LVs and file systems and trouble shooting.
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
- Strong noledge of large-scale Linux deployment methodologies, kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Experience with SAN/DATA Centre Migration and Consolidation implementations.
- Experienced in Strong Consolidation/Migration in an ENTERPRISE environment.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on UNIX, Red Hat Linux and Solaris and documentation for teh projects executed.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat enterprise Linux on X86 architecture,
- Installed required software patches and software.
- Used RPMs to install, update, verify, query and erase packages from Linux Servers.
- Configured Kick start server to Install Red Hat Linux on multiple machines.
- Experience using Kick start and modified Kick start based on server profiles and hardware specifications.
- Experienced Installing, Configuring and supporting VMware ESX 3.4 and 4 versions.
- Installed, monitored and supported Web and application Servers on AIX and Linux environments.
- Implementations and setup of local Linux disk backups using open Source applications.
- Consolidating multiple Linux Servers, into 2 physical virtual servers, using Servers.
- Installation and troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows (windows 7, XP, Vista).
- Worked with DBA for installation Oracle on Linux and Solaris.
- Worked on installations on Power path on all Linux boxes.
- Participate in installing and configuring UNIX/LINUX based Oracle 10g products.
Environments: VMware, Solaris, Kick start, SUSE Linux, LVM, Oracle 10g product, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SNMP.