- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of SCM, Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, support and troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge inDevOps/AWS tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE and also the ability of developing XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Experience working on migrating applications from internal data center toAWSinstances by settingSecurity Groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experienced with both framework and cloud formation to automate AWS environment creation. Ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (Boto 3 & AWSCLI) and automates solutions using Shell and Python.
- Strong knowledge and experience on AWS Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC, and IAMalso familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s on AWS.
- Built the AWScloud formation templates to deploy the AWSstack by setting up Auto scale for instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers by configuring and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using Chef on AWS EC2.
- Build highly available content distribution sites by using CI/CD tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Jira,etc.
- Worked with Docker and Kubenetets on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploy either on public or private cloud.
- Experienced in Linux container orchestration with Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, ETCD, and more.
- Development of automation clusters with Ansible by writing playbooks and excellent understanding and hand-on expertise in creating new custom resources in Kubernetes.
- Managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in migrating Heroku hosted Mean stack applications to AWSEC2 instances and Setup CI/ CD for Docker applications auto deployment through Jenkins.
- Hands on experience on working with system health and performance monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, NewRelic, Elasticsearch, Kibana, AppDynamics etc.
- Experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and GCP cloud environments and Data centers.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWSCloudFormation templates, Python, Ruby, Chef, Puppet.
- Wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to the Chef server and developed and modifiedChef Cookbooks as Light Weight Resources Provider(LWRP)
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes and rewrote many Puppetmodules to modern code-quality standards.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS on Linux platforms.
- Setting up the new repos, managing the permissions for various GIT branches. Creating ADHOCGIT stashes.
- Created post commit and pre-push webhooks using Python in SVN and GIT repository.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Extensive experience using Mavenand Ant for building of deployable artifactsfrom source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Setup V2 Dockerregistry for local image storage/management and worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Used DockerRegistryAPI to interact with the registry. Worked on installing of Docker using Dockertoolbox. Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Dockercontainer snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Supported API development team in creating Ansibleplaybooks for deploying, integrating and monitoring their continuous integration environment.
- Excellent knowledge about databases and schemas and good hands-on experience with MySQL, MicrosoftSQLServer, PostgreSQL and performed a multi-AZ deployment with AWSRDS.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azurefor a multitude of applications utilizing the Azurestack(Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, AzureSQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Interface with a version of Nagiosto create new monitoring and view existing, redesigned and redeployed the Nagiosimplementation.
- Experience with EDI development, implementation and data mapping, translating, understanding EDI formatsandworkingwithKafka.
- Integrated Nagioswith other monitoring/alert solutions/application logs server(Splunk) to detect Prod issues.
- Used Atlassian JIRA/HP Quality Centreas a Change Management/Work Management/SCRUM Agile Tool, managed users, workflow, groups and projects in Atlassian JIRA.
AWS Services: RDS, EC2, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, EBS, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Trial, SQS, SNS,SWF, Cloud Watch
Cloud Platforms: OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Microsoft Azure
Version Control Tools: GIT, Hudson, Bitbucket, Subversion(SVN),CVS, Microsoft Visual Studio
Build Tools: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo,Ansible
Container Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, CoreOS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, Splunk
Languages: PERL, Python, Ruby, XML, YML, Shell, Groovy
Framework: Spring 4.2.x, Struts 2.3.x
Web Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0
Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP/ 2000, Linux, UNIX
Tracking Tools: Remedy, Jira
Software: Veritas File System and Volume Manager, LDAP, Checkpoint Firewall
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB
J2EE Technologies &Web Services: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Spring MVC, SOAP, Rest, UDDI
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Responsible for using AWS Console and Command Line Interface for deploying, operating, setup and build AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Group, Auto Scaling, KMS Dynamo DB, Code Commit, Code Deploy, Direct Connect Redshift, Lambda Services, EMR, Elastic Searchand RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Working on multiple AWS instances by setting services like Route53, SES, SQS, SNS and created and administered DNS system using Route53.
- Worked with full AWSstack (Kinesis Firehose, Lambda server-less, Cognito IAM, Blue-Green deployment).
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and CloudFormation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. And deployed application on PCF using CF push and Urbancodedeploy.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports dev, test, and prod environments and scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Containerized applications with Kubernetes cluster played a key role in building in-house PaaSenvironment.
- Researched and developed scalable Linux deployments on AWS via CoreOS and Docker and used DockerCompose to develop dependent instances to be deployed in the EC2 platform.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Created AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through RDS MySQLDB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Used Terraform in AWSVPC to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Experience with S3Bucket services like creating buckets, managing policies, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging and used S3 Bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Implemented a server-less architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from S3Buckets.
- Worked on AWSCloudWatch for monitoring the application infrastructure and used AWS email services for notifying & configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Worked on migrating the on-premises application from its physical StorageRacks to AWSby using EC2,S3.
- Migratedthe on-premises MySQL&PostgreSQL databases to AWS Dynamo DB by using EC2, RDS and Unmanaged cloud data migration tools like Rsync, S3CLI and GlacierVault.
- Served application data using Lambda functions to store data in NOSQL database DynamoDB. Configured RESTAPI's using API Gateway that hit lambda which in turn invokes lambdas to do necessary operations.
- Installed Redshift on AWS and imported the legacy datafrom Oracle to Redshift.Participated in integration of applications with existing API’s.
- Used Redshift to deliver fast query and I/O performance for virtually any size dataset by using columnar storage technology and parallelizing and distributing queries across multiple nodes.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWSLambda and CloudWatch.
- Implemented and maintained Chefand Ansibleconfiguration management spanning several environments in VMware and AWS cloud.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converted production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Hands on experience with Chef and OpsWorks in AWS cloud environment including SSRS and SSAS.
- Developed multiple Chef Cookbooks, Chefspec, Berkshelf, Kitchen, Chef Compliance, Recipes and Roles and Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of the applications to different Prod/ QA environments.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for releases and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Responsible for the creation of scripts using Ant, Python and Unix by hosting on application servers.
- Participated in GitLab POC and migrated all repos from GitHub to GitLab. Integrated GitHub and GitLab, Gradle with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Created featured develop, release branches in Bitbucket/GITfor different application to support releases and CI builds and build, configured and supported Application team environments.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process by defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Configured and maintained NFS, DNSclients systems for AIX, Linux and Solaris Servers.And handled multiple Linux/CentOS servers for application deployment and management.
- Responsible for working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots by attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experienced with release engineering, configuration management in Tomcat web application environment and worked on issues like heap, non-heap memory and designed application for Mobile UI & responsive websites.
- Experience in using open source monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagiosand good knowledge in Splunk.
- Followed ITIL standards to work on Incidents, Service Requests and Change Requests.
- Created JIRAissues to prioritize and take an action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
Environment: AWS, PCF,Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle, Cassandra, Tomcat, Perl, Python Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, ANT, UNIX, Windows 7, Spring, Service Now, Subversion (SVN), Nagios.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Visual Studio, Subversion, GITand used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN,SVN X, Uber SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GITGUI and other command line applications etc.
- Experience working with provisioning tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Spinnaker and used Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of CI/CD.
- Implemented container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on DockerHUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on DockerCompose to schedule multiple containers and written compose.yml files to configure and scale multiple application services and designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes (Docker) on CoreOS.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Involved in using Rancher to provide a complete platform for operating Docker in production by creating files and structure needed to run Docker images through our private RancherCatalog.
- Worked on the deployment, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform.
- Installed NFS servers as OpenShift storage backend and configured various storage claims for developers.
- Part of DevOps team responsible for containerization efforts and migration of Java apps to OpenShift.
- Managed Mavenproject dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects and used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process and worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream jobsJenkinsandHudson.
- Installed/configured and managed PuppetMaster/Agent and wrote custom Modules and Manifests for up gradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes and by developing Cookbooksfrom scratch and wrote recipes.
- Implemented Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbooks using Test-Kitchen, BerkShelf, FoodCritic, ChefSpec.
- Created PowerShell Scripts to patch DLLs across various servers and to automate database deployments (Dachas) using SSDT. And writtenShellScript,PL/SQL stored procedure, functions, triggers and packages.
- Intensive involvement in Infrastructure as Code (IAC), execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through WebLogic/WebSphere application servers in a multi clustered high availability environments and experienced with J2EE Technologies like Servlets, JSP.
- Assisted with development work using various Java/JEE technologies like Spring and Hibernate as needed.
- Involved partially in deployingWARs/EARs (backend) through Web Logic Application Server console.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows.
- Worked as SIT test lead to handle 2 different projects which followed Agile methodology.
- Worked on Zabbix monitor tool setup for monitoring our applications and Linux VM’s. Checked the Splunk and Grafana logs on the cluster servers and monitoring.
- Knowledge on the in-house monitoring tools and experience with Splunk, Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience working on user admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Involved in setting up AtlassianJira as defect tracking system and configured various work flows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
Environment:Azure, PCF, Jenkins, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Puppet, Maven, Chef,WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, VMware ESXi, VCAC, VMware View, NSX, NetScaler, VMware Lab Manager, VMware converter, P2V, V2V, VMotion,Splunk, Zabbix, RHEL.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Installed Chef Server enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Responsible for the Automation of the deployment of the Conductor application on AWS using high-end AWS architectural components.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Installed and configured Jenkins, ClearCase in Linux environment and automated processes using Jenkins.
- Used Ansible to automate the GSLB failover between datacenters and then integrated with Marvin Slack BOT.
- Created Power Shell Scripts to patch DLL’s across various servers and also to automate database deployments (Dachas) using SSDT.
- Built a set of security policies which helps in identifying, categorizing and protecting the assets on AWS, managing access to AWS resources using accounts, users and groups.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with GoogleAPI to control instance operations.
- Used Sonar to measure the code quality, and integrated Jenkins with Sonar.
- Involved in setting up CI and daily builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository manager.
- Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, PowerShell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Created full automation and continuous integration, faster and flawless deployments using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet by writing Maven and Gradle scripts to automate the build process and used ANT, Puppet scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Implemented continuous integration using Hudson, which tracks the source code changes and installed, maintained configuration of Kafka confluentmodules.
- Setup the security, roles and responsibilities for different groups of Team Projects using TFS2013 and TFS2015 Admin Console and installed single and multi-tier TFS 2013 server.
- Worked with monitoring systems and tools like Grafana, DataDog etc. Optimized quires for accurate results from visualization graphs and end to end infrastructure monitoring using Grafana.
- Created and maintained tailored Agile methodology using Jira as tracking and workflow tool.
Environment: GCP, Hadoop, BigData, ClearCase, Subversion, Hudson, Maven, Gradle, Nexus, Bamboo, Anthill pro, Linux, Python, Fabric, Jenkins, Git Bash,Grafana,Kornshell, Jira, Basecamp, ESXi, RHEL, TFS 2013 &2015.
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production and involved in Project Development, Bug Fixing and Unit Testing.
- UsedSVNas source code management tool for creating, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repositories, saving changes for later (Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, pulling latest commits,Preand Post-commit hook scripts etc.
- Implemented buildautomation and build pipe development using Maven buildautomation for J2EE Apps.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven releaseplug-in, modernization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Configured new Bambooservers for auto deployment of daily snapshots for testing.
- Build new automated tools using Shell programming, PHP Development, Perl, AWK, and SED.
- Build ETL processes utilizing SSIS and DTS, including FTP data from remote location, transform it, mart it to data warehouse and provide proper error handling and alerting.
- Developed Shell scripts for automation purpose and wrote a build and deployment scripts per SCM team standards and processes to QA, Performance and Production environment.
- Involved in releaseand deployment of large scale C#, Web services and Web applications using TFS & releasemanagement.
- A solid understanding of IP based networking like DNS, LoadBalancing, GSLB, and HTTP response codes.
- Developed batch jobs using SSIS for importing application data into the system.
- Merged releasebranches to the trunk after the production releaseand resolved the conflict rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Developed and enforced new build and deployment procedure to better align Delta's development procedures with proven SDLC best practices.
- Managed source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
- Maintain release plan, manage release content, communicate release status and analyze functional and technical dependencies among projects and maintenance of releases.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved buildinfrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of buildscripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Documented the build and deployment process which could be used by the team if found any issues at the time of build and deployment of different applications to different environments.
- Participated in weekly releasemeetings with technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Release Engineerfor a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and provided level one support for all thebuildand deploy issues encounter during thebuildprocess.
Environment: Subversion, Shell, Ruby,Bamboo, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Hudson, Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, JDBC, Hibernate.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4.x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VMWare virtual machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris X86/64, Red Hat Enterprise.
- Installed, configured and administered Web Servers like Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat and Sun One Web Server for WebLogic plug-ins.
- Created RESTfulWebServices for external clients and users by reusing existing components.
- Tested WebServices/XML/SOAP and RESTFUL services using Soap UI tool and experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases for Web and Client/Server applications.
- Implemented modules in SOA platform to support various integration styles which includes SOAP, REST, and XML over HTTP and JSON.
- Installed new / existing servers and configured services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with project/operational requirements.
- Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem.
- Responsible for Creating and Managing User accounts, password, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in CentOS, Red hat Linuxand Solaris.
- Experience troubleshooting Linuxsystem, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables and Firewall. Administration, package installation, package management, setting up repositories, applying patches using YUM and RPM.
- Experienced in providing day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users in local and global groups on Red Hat Linuxplatform and managing user's queries.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Red hat Linux.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Extensive experience in User Administration with creating users, groups, and giving permissions Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, security rights, disk space and process monitoring, e.g. reset password and unlock locked user account.
- Installed and configured F5 load balancer and firewalls with LAN/WAN configuration and configured multiple IPAddresses for forward and dynamic routing.
Environment: ESXi, Sun Solaris 8/9, Red Hat Linux 8,9.0, Samba, Sun fire (210, V240, V440, V490, V880,1280) Servers, HP DL-320/360/380/560/580L servers, EMC storage devices, Tivoli Storage Manager 5.x, web sphere, Oracle 8/9i/RAC, Apache 2.x/3.x.