- Professional experience of 7 years in IT industry focused on Cloud Implementation, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Orchestration, Containerization, Build and Release management and Linux Administration.
- Strong experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Security Groups.
- Expertise in developing templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Proficient in writingAWS Cloud Formationtemplates to create custom size VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB’s and Security groups.
- Experience in dealing wif Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Strong Knowledge onOpenStackservices such as Horizon, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Ceilometer and Swift.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave.
- Expertise in using Docker to containerize custom web applications and deploy them on Digital Ocean wif Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automate the application deployment in cloud using Vagrant.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Expert in Implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Working knowledge on Nginxfor the load balancer configuration using ELB, ALB in AWS
- Good Knowledge of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in AWS Cloud wif databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Expertise in ELK (classis and application) security and application logging using CloudWatch, Cloud Trail Integration and App Dynamics.
- Good knowledge in deployment and configuration of ELK stack for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring.
- Proficient wif Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles. Wrote playbooks wif Python SSH as the wrapper to manage AWS nodes.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef and supported Chef Environment wif many servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Experience working wif Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Hands-on experience in configuring various jobs in Jenkins, Bamboo and Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Expertise in using build tools like ANT, MAVEN and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts such as war from source code in a J2EE application.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, BitBucket and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms.
- Expertise in Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the APIs and Micro services.
- Experience in configuring Nagios, Splunk monitoring tool for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues, and log parsing.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware and Vagrant.
- Proficient in Maintaining Enterprise Nexus code repository and SonarQube Code Quality management, regularly monitoring the quality gate of Enterprise application using SonarQube.
- Experience in writing Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, YAML and PowerShell scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience in Atlassian products such as Bit Bucket, JIRA.
- Extensive knowledge in Installing and configuring various middleware packages such as WebLogic, Tomcat and JBOSS servers.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and SCRUM.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS, such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices.
- Strong and progressive experience in the server installation of RedHat Linux, Centos, Oracle Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX&ESXI environment.
Cloud: AWS, AZURE, OpenStack
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Team city
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes
Development/Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Version Control: Git, Git Hub, SVN, BitBucket
Scripting languages: Shell, Bash, Python, YAML, Ruby, Perl & PHP
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, ELK, Splunk, DataDog
Operating Systems: Linux (Red hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE), UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, IBM AIX) and Windows Server
Web Application Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache http, IIS, Nginx
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Virtualization: Oracle Virtual Box, VMware, Vagrant, Websphere
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL and Waterfall
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services(AWS) like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Elastic File System, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, EMR and Elastic Search.
- Created AWS EC2 instances for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, RedHat, and Ubuntu.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups
- Configured and Managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for fault tolerance, high availability and network load balancing and to avoid single point failure of applications.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to build a secure zone environment for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, and to perform event driven processing.
- Worked on AWS API Gateway for custom domain and Record sets in Route53 for applications hosted in AWS Environment.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executed the scripts and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Monitored load balancing wif Nagios and Splunk, ELK.
- Used ELK to collect, search, analyze log files tan illustrate data wif various dashboard such as metric, graphs, pie-chart, aggregation table.
- Created SNS notifications and assigned ARN to S3 for object loss notifications.
- Managed Clusters wif various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource Groups. Implemented various services in Azure like Data lake to store and analyze the data. Managed to orchestrate the data to and from Data Lake Store using Azure Data factory.
- Created Cloud Watch dashboards for monitoring CPU utilization, Network In-Out, Packet In-Out and other parameters of the instances.
- Extensively worked on creating Docker file, build the images, running Docker containers and managing application by using Docker Cloud. Used Docker Swarm for clustering and scheduling Docker container.
- Worked on Docked-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for Testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using Kubernetes.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshooted the build issues wif ELK.
- Worked on Deployment and configuration of ELK stack for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack and App Dynamics.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push buildartifacts to Nexus and UDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked on setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes. Developed Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Developed build and deploy scripts using ANT, Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux server & created master-slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Maintenance of source code in Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT and GITHUB.
- Experience in implementing and administering the monitoring tool Nagios for monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Used Nagios for monitoring, configuration, deployment and testing purpose and developed scripts, which are to be executed as checks by Nagios for execution in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Extensive knowledge in Bash and Perl scripting.
- Worked wif Ticketing & Tracking tools like JIRA, ServiceNow for various tickets.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers. Wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
- Installed, configured the web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Lambda, ELK, API, CLI, CDN), Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Git, SVN, Jira, Bash, Shell, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Nagios, Splunk, RHEL.
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS Cloud environment and Data centers.
- Implemented AWS Cloud platform and its services which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front, IAM and S3.
- Used Identify and Access Management (IAM) to assign roles and to create and manage AWS users, groups and used permissions to access AWS resources.
- Created a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Involved in configuring access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables.
- Experience in event-driven and scheduling AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources and worked on Lambda, for triggering events wif cloud watch using Lambda functions.
- Designed data pipelines for loading network data in Elastic search for consumption wifKibana dashboard and graphs.
- Worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images, Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker to run and deploy the application in multiple containers Docker Swarm, Docker Wave for auto discovery.
- Implementation of container cluster management using Docker Swarm, and deployed it in spring maven applications.
- Development of Chef recipes using Ruby Script through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/security fix on Chef Server.
- Responsible for creating puppet modules and manifest files and involved in editing existing puppet manifests.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules. Wrote puppet manifests from scratch for deploying, configuring and managing metric collection and monitoring.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat ApplicationServer.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories wif branching, forks, tagging and merge requests.
- Built and deployed Java applications in Jboss using Python scripts published the release notes for all the releases.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Configuring Nagios, Splunk monitoring tool for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues, and log parsing.
- Designed, implemented, maintained, and troubleshooting of High available critical applications running on Apache and MySQL/PostgreSQL database.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, ELB, SNS), Azure, Cloud Formation, Docker, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Linux, GIT, GITHUB, Nagios, Splunk, Python, MySQL, Jboss, Tomcat, JIRA.
Confidential - San Diego, CA
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Designed, configured and deployed multiple applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on high-availability, Auto-Scaling and defined IAM, Security Groups in AWS.
- Experience in managing cluster of containers using Docker Swarm, and deployed spring boot applications.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker Hub.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible wif Jenkins.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks wif Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe & modules for configuration management.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features such as Resource management (Package, Service, and File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Set up puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, proactively manages change and well versed wif Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process, provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Created and maintained Ant build.xml’s and Maven Pom.xml’s for performing the build procedures.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool wif Ant and Maven to Schedule the builds.
- Experience in Branching, Tagging, Release activities on Version Control Tool using GIT and developing Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Created Post Commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Ruby/shell scripts.
- Installed, Configured Nagios for resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.Maintaining Nagios servers and adding new services and servers.
- Experience in deployment of applications on Apache Web server and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Exposed to all aspects of SDLC such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Postproduction analysis of the projects wif Agile, Scrum, Waterfall model.
Environment: AWS, Docker, SVN, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet, Ruby, Shell, Tomcat, Jboss, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall.
Confidential - Sunnyvale, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Managed code by maintaining code repository in GIT, improve practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise.
- Handled Maven dependency system to deploy release artifacts to Artifactory to share them across projects.
- Involved in editing the existing MS Build, MAVEN, ANT files in case of errors or changes in the Windows, JAVA enterprise applications project requirements.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git SCM during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Created and managed Puppet Modules to automate installation process wif the existing infrastructure.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working wif Puppet.
- Worked on various components of Chef including chef server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chefclient and writing cookbooks and recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various environments QA, Integration, UAT and Productions.
- Experience wif design, configuration and implementation of Nagios.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and Agile.
- Utilized various Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Bitbucket, for all the project tasks.
- Used Remedy ticketing system to interact wif the team and to solve issues.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VirtualBox and VMware virtual machine for Ubuntu Linux Servers.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Chef, Web Servers, Web Logic, Jboss, Windows and Linux Environment, shell, Bash.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of RedHat Linux 5.x/6.X, Solaris 10, CentOS, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Debian, Fedora comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes dat happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs and analyzing the User logs.
- Designing and building the infrastructure as per the business requirement.
- System builds, server builds, install, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux systems.
- Troubleshooting network related issues using packet capturing software such as IPtables, TCP wrappers, Netstat, traceroute.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Created and modified users and groups wif SUDO permission.
- Configured inbound and outbound firewall rules to secure the traffic flow.
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to access on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux securely.
- Coordinated wif developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure dat code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Prepared mock cutover plans and cutover plans for Pre-Prod and Prod Deployments.
- Interacted wif all the team members both in offshore as well as wif the client in maintaining good customer relationships.
Environment: RHEL 4/5.x, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, Shell Scripting, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, SVN.
- Established networking environment by designingsystemconfiguration; directedsysteminstallation; defined, documented and enforcedsystem standards.
- Ensured the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers; suggested and provided IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Infrastructure management; maintenance and troubleshooting all software and hardware components; network and systems monitoring; user and email management.
- Creation/maintaining/deletion of user accounts using MS Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Setting up of network environments using TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, configuring proxies, monitor LAN/WAN
- Worked wif webservers, website redirecting, FTP servers.
- Installed, configured and administering Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2003/2000 servers.
- Hands on experience in performing system administration for Linux distributions such as Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Redhat Enterprise Linux.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008 and 2003, which consist of adding users, editing user login scripts and granting permission to directories and shared files.
- Creation and Deployment of Virtual Machines in datacenter, setup of their VLAN/Port-group.
- Performing Snapshots, Cloning, Migration VMware convertor, Virtual Infrastructure client.
- Backup & Restore management of the Virtual Machines.
- Scheduling of backups andsystemsecurity.
Environment: Windows XP/7/2003/2008, Debian, CentOS, Fedora, RedHat, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Powershell, VMware.