- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry with a major focus on Release Management, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineer, and Automation.
- Experience building, scaling and orchestrating environment deployment and automation.
- Experience on working with Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building and deploying Docker containers.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration, to automate application packaging and deployments.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console, and Puppet Agents. Created Puppet modules and Classes.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git, GitHub.
- Implementing and setting up S3 SYNC between AWS Instances and S3 on AWS Environment.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data or security requirements.
- Implementing Hardening script for AWS Linux Instances on AWS Environment.
- Managing users and groups using the AWS’s Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Building, Automating, Deploying, and Release of Code and expertise in AWS Cloud platform with hands on EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Mango DB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, and Route53.
- Expertise on using Amazon AWS API tools like Linux Command line, puppet integrated AWS API tools.
- Experience on Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys, and MFA.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Autoscaling groups, Cloud Formation, Opsworks, SNS, and SQS.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs) and Deploying and Working on web application with Apache Tomcat Server on Amazon EC2.
- Implementing and setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances & ELB &CloudFront on AWS Environment.
- Implementing VPC on AWs cloud Environment and Handle the complete control of computing.
- Proficient with Vagrant & Docker - based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environment delivery for releases.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Experience on monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Configuring and maintaining web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Good Knowledge of using different protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Excellent knowledge of Client/Server architecture, OSI layers, TCP/IP networks.
- Good understanding of Network Topology (LAN/WAN/Subnets/VPN/Firewalls).
- Deployed CloudFront to deliver content further allowing reduction of load on the servers.
- Virtualization analysis and implementation, Vmotion - HA/DRS capabilities.
- Experience in VSTS (Microsoft Test Framework)
- Experience with Team Foundation Server build and release management
- Experience on CI/CD based on VSTS
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, Centos, Red Hat, Debian), Solaris and Windows
Web and Middleware: Tomcat, F5 Load Balancers, Web Logic & Web Sphere and JBoss
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, GIT, ANT, Gradle, Docker, Vagrant and Nagios
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgre SQL, RDS, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, SNMP, DNS, TELENT, HTTP and HTTPS.
Configure Management: Ansible, Puppet and Chef
Test and Build tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo and Gradle
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, GitHub and Bitbucket
AWS Cloud: Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Migration Services. Networking & Content Delivery and Management Tools.
AWS DevOps Tools: CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipelines
Other Cloud: Microsoft Azure and Open stack
IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Notepad++
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Responsible for Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat, WEB LOGIC.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53.
- Auto scaling groups, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon Images.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Installed, Setup and configure various Jenkins jobs for application deployments, test cases execution.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups and access control lists to associate with the networks.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances
Environment: DevOps, Redhat (5.x), Elastic Search, EC2, ELB, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Chef, AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, Docker.
Confidential, Peachtree City, GA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Used EC2 container service to implement Dockers to build and deploy files.
- Used AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS)including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Configured anAWSVirtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Oracle DB cluster.
- Wrote scripts in Bash.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used the Docker files to build, ship and run distributed as a part of Cloud Build.
- Used Jenkins for continuous deployment and integration of the build and release process.
- Worked on powerDNS on the AWS cloud and maintained it with MYSQL database.
- Worked on firebird database and the Glassfish application, Active MQ
Environment: Git, Docker, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo/server.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Write Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of different NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Launching Amazon EC2 cloud instances using Amazon Machine Images for AWS cloud.
- Implement and Enhance the Existing Scripts which are developed in Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances. Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscalling groups.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Install EMC PowerPath and create Storage RAID groups, LUN's and assigning them to the servers.
- Troubleshoot and performance tuning issues with applications like Oracle 10.x, 11.x JBoss 5.x, WebLogic 11.x, 12.x.Installing and deploying Apache, JBoss 5.x.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, Autoscaling, ELB, Ansible, Red Hat EL 3/4/5/6, CloudWatch, EBS, Directory Services, Route53, MS SQL 2012, SQL Server Mirroring, Active Directory, DFS.
Build & Release Engineer
- Performing both manual and automation builds using ANT, SVN and Jenkins.
- Involved in the release process and deployed applications (WAR, EAR and JAR) to the Web logic.
- Provide support to Production, UAT, Development environments.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Installing and deploying of apache module through puppet.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Worked with MYSQL and postgres SQL Databases.
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible and Nagios.
- Experience with Jenkins Artifactory and GIT for source controlling.
- In managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed automatic build and deployments for QA, Staging, Demo & UAT Environments using Jenkins.
- Experience working on maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Installed VMware VSphere 5 and created virtual machines on ESX 5.0 Servers using Dell PowerEdge R410. Worked on maintenance of ESX host clusters and security.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Oracle /Sun Solaris, Oracle Linux server.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP, TCP/IP and Samba on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Identify root cause and resolve problems.
- Used JIRA as ticketing tool for tracking the releases.
- Involved in tracking and managing vendor support tickets and work with a team to resolve urgent application issues.
- Used Subversion as Version Control for maintaining the versions
Environment: Subversion, JIRA, WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS Application Server, Tortoise, SVN, ANT, MAVEN.
- Installation, configuration, and upgrade of Redhat 6 Linux operating system.
- Performed regular and system backups.
- Remote monitoring using Inbuilt utilities.
- Monitoring of NFS, SAMBA, SNMP and DHCP servers.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Resolved related software and hardware issues.
- Experience working in VMware ESX (VSphere) 4.x, 5.x hypervisor for virtualization and installed different OS such as Linux (RHEL), Mac, Windows.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experience in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Provided server account management and client connectivity support.
- Installing software, Upgrade with latest software.
- Installed, Configured & Upgrade of Solaris 10 and Linux operating system.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Managed UNIX's server services such as Bind DNS, Puppet, Postfix, Apache web server, Tomcat, MYSQL.
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, send mail and print servers as per client's requirement.
- Integration of Linux/Solaris with Active Directory (LDAP).
- Performed PXE network installations to install Red Hat Linux in Dell servers.
- Worked on Building new servers from scratch and server monitoring operations using monitoring tools (Nagios, Zabbix).
Environment: Red hat Linux,ANT, Shell Scripts, Nagios.