- Around 6 years of IT experience as DevOps engineer with expertise in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release Management, Cloud, Linux System Administration.
- Worked on version control systems like Subversion and GIT and used Source code management client tools like SVN, Bit bucket, GIT Bash, GitHub, GITLAB, GIT GUI and other command line applications.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing and implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Administered and implemented Continuous Integration using various CI tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, and Build Forge for automated builds and Continuous Deployment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Operation & Production Support with large mission critical systems in multiple technologies and platforms including Web Logic, Apache, JBoss, Web Sphere, UNIX, Windows NT and Oracle.
- Experienced in working with Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services(AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Dockers Containers), S3, Cloud Front, VPC Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM,RDS,Dynamo DB, and Red shift.
- Responsible forDevOps,AWS architecture, Continuous Integration and Deployments.
- Experienced in managing applications by implementingAWSservices which includes EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Involved in supportingOpenStack services such as Horizon, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Ceilometers and Swift.
- Implemented and configuredTerraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Expertise on designing project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and worked on building Jenkins jobs to createAWS infrastructurefrom GitHub repositories containing Terraform code.
- Managed various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Experience with migration of code base from SVN to GIT. Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Used version control system GIT to synchronize with the chef-respond managed as if it were source code.
- Expertise in using Dockers to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Dockers Swarm and Dockers Wave.
- UtilizedAWS Beanstalk for conveying and scaling web applications and administrations created with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Dockers on commonplace servers like Apache.
- Experiences in build tools like Ant, Maven, Arti factory andNexus to write POM.XML build scripts etc.
- Knowledge in managing multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repositories and creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Maintaining, branching and tagging the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Tortoise SVN and Rational Clear Case on Linux and windows platforms.
- Skilled in various Bug tracking tools like JIRAand Remedy.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of Application server like Web Sphere, Web Logic and Web Server like Apache Tomcat.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24X7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Highly motivated to learn new developments in technology with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a flair for creativity.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic File system, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS, Red shift. MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Open Stack suite
OS: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Ubuntu, Solaris8/9/10, Unix, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Water Fall, Kanban
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI: Jenkins, HUDSON
Build Tool: ANT, Maven
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, Rest
Atlassian Tools: Jira, Bit bucket, Confluence, Bamboo
Database Technologies: Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, No SQL, Cassandra
Version Control: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Clear case
Scripting languages: Shell, Python, bash
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Manage and maintain Cloud Services usingAWS Cloud Formation, helping developers and businesses an easy way with provision them in an orderly and predictable fashion.
- ManagingAmazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Responsible for day to day Build and deployments in Dev, QA, pre-production and production environments. Implemented AWShigh-availability usingAWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Supported on High Availability, Big Data solutions and Storage systems and planning for backup strategies.
- Manage and handle the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services inAWS cloud.
- Managing virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Supported highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Supported multi-tier application provisioning in Open Stack cloud, integrating it with Jenkins.
- Managed and Configured AWScloud infrastructure as code using terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.And hands on experience with Google cloud platform
- Managed a team of a junior and two engineers to build and manage a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Ansible, Terraform Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Wrote AWSLambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Experience with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower. Integrating Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templates and writing playbook for that role.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Dockers/ECS, Ansible, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Implemented sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.).
- Implemented procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Dockers
- Implemented containerization and immutable infrastructure. A docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesas, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
- Build high performance web services, using languages such as Python and Ruby.
- Developed build scripts using ANT/MAVEN and Grade as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, IBM Clear Quest.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
Environment & Tools: Dockers, ECS, Ansible, Terraform,AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Auto scaling, EBS, RDS, Jenkins, GIT, Linux, LAMP, Nagios, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl and Python.
Confidential - Reston, VA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash, python scripts.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Managed and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Designed and worked with a team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) Stack onAWS.
- ManagedJIRA for ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment & Tools: Chef, Jenkins,AWS, GIT, Bash scripts, SVN, Tomcat, Nexus,AWSEC2, Jenkins CI,Dockers, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Bean Stalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, Route 53, Red shift, Lambda and Dynamo DB, GITConfidential
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Maintain and managed Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each production releases and perform builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Maintained Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with specified configuration in maven configuration files.
- Managed and configured Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure and application deployments - checking out code from SVN and use ant/maven to build war/ear artifacts.
- Automated Maven and ANT builds by integrating them with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Implementedplug-in dependencies in Maven pom.xml and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script, Ruby etc.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Supported JBOSS automation, configuration and deployments using various Perl /shell scripts.
- Supported and designed monitoring and troubleshooting tool utilizing Power Shell scripts.
Environment & Tools:AWS, ELB, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, Subversion, Git/GitHub, Puppet, ANT, Jira, Web logic Application Server, Puppet, SVN/Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby.
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and configured Linux enterprises on VMware such as Red Hat, Fedora, Ubuntu.
- Implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented design and deploy SCM procedure.
- Managed periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Implemented Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Supported for Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Managed periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Trained offshore team for knowledge transfer.
Environment & Tools: Linux/Unix, Java/J2EE, Maven, ANT, GIT, Jenkins, Web Sphere. Python Clear Case, ANT, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Clear Quest, Stash.
Linux System Administrator
- Troubleshooting and maintaining of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Managed server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using Crontabs.
- Managed installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to access on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux securely.
- Managed and maintained submission of reports such as Routine performs analysis, Capacity analysis, and Security audit analysis to customer for necessary planned changes.
- TroubleshootTCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle) UNIX based shell.
Environment & Tools: RHEL, Linux, UNIX, IDS, DNS, AIX, SAN, YUM, User and Group management, Jumpstart, Shell scripting, GSX/VMware, Tomcat.